Itching for something new....

Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
edited October 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I have reached a point in my life where I'm just not satisfied, both personally and professionally. I'm not the pick-and-move-across-the-county kind of guy, but I'm in a rut, depressed and irritable most of the time here for the last while.

I've always had a problem with procrastination and putting things off or dismissing them because it might take a little extra effort on my part, but I' ve been working the same job for over 7 years now and it just doesn't do it for me anymore.

I am a writer, good or bad depends on who you ask, but it has always been a dream of mine to write about music and I feel a little something in my gut now that tells me I need to try some freelancing.

So, who has some sage wisdom they can impart upon me as far as getting into freelance work, the ins and outs and the whole deal?
I realize I couldn't expect to make a living at it immediately, but perhaps a little extra duogh plus a little something different to break up the monotony of my life
All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    Well, I don't have any sage advice about freelance writing, but I hear how you are feeling. I made some dramatic changes this year around my home, job and relationship that I am AMAZINGLY happy with. And that all began with the dissatisfaction you described. So good luck. The taking a couple steps back to get where you want isn't so bad if you can trust in your heartfelt goal.