Toilet seat covers

CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Who uses them?

I remember reading in Men's Health or some other magazine that the toilet seat is actually a place of low risk to catch diseases, unless you have a big cut or sores on your butt. I don't see though how this flimsy piece of paper can protect me from anything.

And there are times when your ass is about to fall out and you don't even have split second to place one of those things down! But they are nice on a cold seat.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I call 'em "Ass Gaskets".

I do use them (I am a chick), but I always wonder why I do, because I mean...by very nature your ass already has germs on it so who are we kidding by using them?
  • NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i would just wash the seat first
  • NY PJ1 wrote:

What about in a public potty?
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Who uses them?

I remember reading in Men's Health or some other magazine that the toilet seat is actually a place of low risk to catch diseases, unless you have a big cut or sores on your butt. I don't see though how this flimsy piece of paper can protect me from anything.

And there are times when your ass is about to fall out and you don't even have split second to place one of those things down! But they are nice on a cold seat.

There's a considerably higher amount of germs on a telephone receiver than a toilet seat.
    And any toilet seat cover I've seen just made it so the seat never stayed up anyway...
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    NY PJ1 wrote:

In the rare occurence that I have to use a public restroom I clean the shit out of that toilet and use a cover (no pun intended).
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    What about in a public potty?

as long as their is a sink i would wash it,,if not i wouldnt go or squat
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    yeah, i use them

in a public restroom, how can you not?

but i do know a toilet is a low risk place to catch a disease. they say a kitchen sponge has more bacteria on it than a toilet.
  • best conversation ever
    they say a kitchen sponge has more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Note to self: Stop using the kitchen sponge during my sponge baths.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Aren't we the only country who uses them? They only place I found them when living overseas was in Ikea :o
  • I think it's one of those things that make you feel better instead of actually helping.

Like a see-through piece of toilet paper or tissue paper is really going to stop any germs.

But to answer the question, yes... i use them.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    They need to put a faucet and some anti-bacterial lotion in the stalls. If you think about how many asses sit on those public toilet seats. Ahhh, disgusting. But when you gotta go, it doesn't matter who sat there!
  • I use them. Somehow they make me feel safer.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
    Aren't we the only country who uses them? They only place I found them when living overseas was in Ikea :o

I do remember in the Chicago O'hare airport a few years back that they had automatic toilet seat covers. There was a button you pressed and a new ring just wrapped itself around the seat. Genius!!
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    I do remember in the Chicago O'hare airport a few years back that they had automatic toilet seat covers. There was a button you pressed and a new ring just wrapped itself around the seat. Genius!!

Oh yes! They had that at a restaurant I went to in the Czech Repbulic. Pretty nifty! :p
    They need to put a faucet and some anti-bacterial lotion in the stalls. If you think about how many asses sit on those public toilet seats. Ahhh, disgusting. But when you gotta go, it doesn't matter who sat there!

Last year at the East Rutherford PJ shows was the first time I saw purel in a porta potty! I agree with the above! More lotion in the stalls. Wait, that sounded wrong. More cleaning supplies in the stalls!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• i use them...better than hovering. :p they are supplied in our restrooms so why not?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

yea but when i used to use themm they would always stick to me bum

so ya gotta be careful u dont walk outside with one sticking out ur pants
  • You gotta use 'em. Even if it is a false safety.
    NYPJ1 wrote:
    so ya gotta be careful u dont walk outside with one sticking out ur pants
    Thats an absolute truth. I saw Gene Simmons walk out of a bathroom with one sticking out of his pants. My friends and I tried to warn him but he flipped us off and walked away.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Who uses them?

this is HILARIOUS!!! :D i must say, i really tripped out on the seat covers in chicago! they freakin spin around the SEAT!!!! :eek:
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I was in the UK last month, and noticed that public toilets there do not provide them.

Luckily, I have learned where all the clean toilets are....Harrods is the best!
    SENROCK! wrote:
    this is HILARIOUS!!! :D i must say, i really tripped out on the seat covers in chicago! they freakin spin around the SEAT!!!! :eek:

I hear that on Kid Rocks tour bus the actual seats spin. However, no amount of sanitizer will make them clean. Care to comment? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

mookie9999 wrote:
    I hear that on Kid Rocks tour bus the actual seats spin. However, no amount of sanitizer will make them clean. Care to comment? ;)

there are ALOT of things on that tour bus that i found UNCLEAN!!! :eek: the mind is the worst yet!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

yeah yeah yeah! those are the ones im talking about! they are all OVER chicago. i thought it was pretty cool but THEN....i thought hmmm.....what IF its the SAME COVER WRAPPING AROUND!!!! :eek:

SENROCK! wrote:
    yeah yeah yeah! those are the ones im talking about! they are all OVER chicago. i thought it was pretty cool but THEN....i thought hmmm.....what IF its the SAME COVER WRAPPING AROUND!!!! :eek:

Sick. Then your ass would have touched thousands of other asses all on the same wrapping.

Why can't this Chicago toilet wrapping bit travel around the rest of the country?
    Sick. Then your ass would have touched thousands of other asses all on the same wrapping.

Why can't this Chicago toilet wrapping bit travel around the rest of the country?

i KNOW its sick! thats what im sayin'!!!! just to be safe, when im there i push the button like 6 times just incase!

• JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    I always hover :)

I don't use the toilet seat covers cause I don't want my junk down there in the bowl.
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Most toilets are way cleaner than the handles to them. I'll use them occasionally if it is a particularly disgusting one, but other than that the only time I use them is if the toilet paper is empty. They work great in a pinch. ;)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I use toilet seat covers every time they are available. I like them a lot actually. I like them so much I have dispensers in my own bathrooms at home so I can use them there.