Options

Isn't it fantastic to finally get some validation?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm on quite a high today, which I haven't been able to say for a looong time.

I met a great psychologist yesterday who, more than anyone, helped me to understand my condition and why it affects me the way it does... namely the effects it has on my brain and the way I deal with things daily - why I find certain things so hard, and other things so exciting and easy.

It's great to finally meet someone who understands me and can articulate exactly why I struggle with what I do. He read me like a book..

Sorry this looks a bit self-involved, I just had to share. :D
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    that's great mark! :)

i know the feeling you're talking about....validation that you're not crazy (at least in my case :o )
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    that's great mark! :)

i know the feeling you're talking about....validation that you're not crazy (at least in my case :o )

Yep. I wrote about it in 'What made your day?' so I'm repeating myself, but one of my conditions/disabilities (one is physical, the other neurological - which I s'pose is physical as well) is Hydrocephalus. It receives almost no press and at worst, people have wondered if I was making it up.

Great to meet someone who can help me understand it better. I can start living now.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison