Options

My iPod is starting to distort.

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Is that normal? At first I thought it was just a couple of albums, but turns out it's everything.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    Is that normal? At first I thought it was just a couple of albums, but turns out it's everything.

What do you mean by distort? Have you messed around with the EQ setings or maybe you have the volume up to high. Those are some of the common things I found with my I Pod.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    What do you mean by distort? Have you messed around with the EQ setings or maybe you have the volume up to high. Those are some of the common things I found with my I Pod.

The volume is actually quite low and it's still distorting.. maybe it's the settings.. I'll have a look.

Edit: yep, for some reasons I had it on bass boost. Thanks.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    The volume is actually quite low and it's still distorting.. maybe it's the settings.. I'll have a look.

Another question: Are you just listening through the ear plugs because it's possible that the ear plugs have shit the bed. I had that happen to me with my first set of ear buds that I got with my I Pod.
  • Options
    Another question: Are you just listening through the ear plugs because it's possible that the ear plugs have shit the bed. I had that happen to me with my first set of ear buds that I got with my I Pod.

Ah, yeah I've heard of that happening too. Do I just get another set or can I get better ones?

• Options
    No problem.
  • Options
    Ah, yeah I've heard of that happening too. Do I just get another set or can I get better ones?

Get better ones. There are all different sorts you can get that may be better and a little more comfortable.
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    My nano, the black, old, skinny 8 gig model is now "corrupted." I can't even get itunes to open it up anymore. One day 2000 songs, next day, wiped clean. Fuck you Apple. I cannot work out without music. I'm pissed.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    azwyldcats wrote:
    My nano, the black, old, skinny 8 gig model is now "corrupted." I can't even get itunes to open it up anymore. One day 2000 songs, next day, wiped clean. Fuck you Apple. I cannot work out without music. I'm pissed.

Try and run the battery out on your I Pod and then plug it in. My 3 month old I Pod was fucked (the screen among other things) and Iran the bettery out on it and plugged it in and it worked.

Try it and see what happens. It can't get any worse.
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    yeah, my ear buds just shit the bed too. well at least the left side.

glad you figured out the problem Mark. i was just thinking, that sucks, ontop of everything else you are dealing with.
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    the wolf wrote:
    yeah, my ear buds just shit the bed too. well at least the left side.

glad you figured out the problem Mark. i was just thinking, that sucks, ontop of everything else you are dealing with.

No doubt, I was thinking the exact same thing-there would be nothing worse but being stuck in your situation without you IPod.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:
    No doubt, I was thinking the exact same thing-there would be nothing worse but being stuck in your situation without you IPod.

Here's hoping it holds out til I can get to a music store and get new ones.