Ugh, someone give me some motivation....

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited March 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
to get out of my dark bedroom, curtains closed and lights off, and get out into the sunshine to have some lunch and go shopping. I can't be bothered. Half an hour ago I was trying to motivate myself by the thought of buying the new Elbow cd, but turns out that wasn't enough.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    Elbow releasing a new CD? That should be a reason to stay in...surely?

First of all, turn off the computer. Everything will follow after that.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    How about Mr motivator he might be able to help!
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • audiodave wrote:

man's got a point...
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • audiodave wrote:

I think Elbow are pretty awesome. That said, in the mood I'm in you could probably convince me they're shit and I'd stay in bed. Job done. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

I think Elbow are pretty awesome. That said, in the mood I'm in you could probably convince me they're shit and I'd stay in bed. Job done. ;)
    I can't help but notice you're still here. What happened to turning off the computer hmm? :p

TURN IT OFF!

:D
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

• audiodave wrote:
    I can't help but notice you're still here. What happened to turning off the computer hmm? :p

TURN IT OFF!

:D

I would, but then I'd have to stop talking to you. Could you cope? ;)

I would, but then I'd have to stop talking to you. Could you cope? ;)
    Quite easily.

*Leaves thread*

:p
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

• I think Elbow are pretty awesome. That said, in the mood I'm in you could probably convince me they're shit and I'd stay in bed. Job done. ;)

so you already know you in 'one of those moods' so why don't you get your lazy ass out of bed, turn the computer off and stop said 'mood'... or stop whinging... your choice :p
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• so you already know you in 'one of those moods' so why don't you get your lazy ass out of bed, turn the computer off and stop said 'mood'... or stop whinging... your choice :p

Dave, slippery slope my friend... this right here ^^^^^ is what you've got to watch out f.... I mean, look forward to. ;)

• Dave, slippery slope my friend... this right here ^^^^^ is what you've got to watch out f.... I mean, look forward to. ;)

No Mark, Dave has lots to look forward to... because he's not a whingey lazy bitch.... now, here's your motivation.... GET YER FUCKING ASS OUT OF BED!!!!

:p

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    go out and do some extreme ironing.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    You'll probably find your motivation behind the sofa, next to your ambition and your desire to succeed....

Leastways, thats where I last saw mine ;):p
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Oh I know. My boyfriend has the day off today and he's sat slouched on the sofa too. Being with someone who's equally as bored makes you feel worse. I don't think the weather's helping either.
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    to get out of my dark bedroom, curtains closed and lights off, and get out into the sunshine to have some lunch and go shopping. I can't be bothered. Half an hour ago I was trying to motivate myself by the thought of buying the new Elbow cd, but turns out that wasn't enough.

if i could actually BE in bed, on a monday afternoon at what time is it there....2 PM? i'd not want motivation, i'd actually enjoy and luxuriate in the fact that i can BE in bed on a MONDAy afternoon! that, and the idea of going out to buy a CD as the ONLY plan for the day? and you are unhappy? :p may i ask WHY? seems like you've got it made. ;)

now get out of bed you lazy git! :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Do you absolutely have to? If you don't have to be anywhere, why not just give in to it and stay in? Its not bad as long as you don't do it everyday.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:

I did it mate! I got out of bed! And I went to the shops and picked up 2 cd's.

That said, I'm not out of the woods yet... I still might get that fat if I sit and listen to them as much as I have been.

I'll have to sit on my arse and do something else. :)