Options

Hello, my name is Mark, and I am an insomniac

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited March 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
aaargh, not again! :rolleyes:
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    damn mark i'm sorry....i'm pretty much the opposite....i always want to sleep....:o
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    damn mark i'm sorry....i'm pretty much the opposite....i always want to sleep....:o

My sleeping pattern is screwed... I'm sleeping all day but not at night.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    that sucks dude. just go to sleep,haaha sorry not much of a help :o
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    that sucks dude. just go to sleep,haaha sorry not much of a help :o

lol no but at least you made me laugh :D

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

well....at least you're sleeping.....:o
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Nah, you're not an insomniac. You're just not in bed.
  • Options
    Nah, you're not an insomniac. You're just not in bed.

Well there is a touch of irony to the thread title.. well-spotted. ;) But I ain't sleeping at the moment that's for sure.

• Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    please explain........I am confused..........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    please explain........I am confused..........

Fins is being a smart ass about the fact that I'm not an 'insomniac' just because I'm struggling to sleep right now..... right Fins? :D

• Options
    the worse is when you are trying to sleep and you keep looking at the clock and it is just ticking LOUDER and LOUDER and LOUDER............

I am addicted to that lavendar ZZZZZZZtherapy stuff. I shower in it before bed, use the lotion and then in the middle of the night, I spray the hell out of my pillow and it does help.

also, I like melatonin. it helps too.

but why is the best sleep in the am when you have to get up???????

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    journeymanjourneyman Posts: 135
    I have a hard time getting to sleep. So much so that some nights I get no sleep at all. But if I finally do fall asleep I can sleep for like a dozen hours (if I have the free time). The circadian rhythm can really get screwed that way.
    I find working hard and working out helps heaps. And smoke some weed an hour before bedtime. Maybe a nip of some booze.
  • Options
    journeyman wrote:
    I have a hard time getting to sleep. So much so that some nights I get no sleep at all. But if I finally do fall asleep I can sleep for like a dozen hours (if I have the free time). The circadian rhythm can really get screwed that way.
    I find working hard and working out helps heaps. And smoke some weed an hour before bedtime. Maybe a nip of some booze.

you health nut........

• Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Sorry Mark. I'm on the same boat. I hadn't had insomnia since at least one year but now it started again about 10 days ago. I went for one week in Tunisia to have some rest and I'm going to start work on Monday, more tired than i was 10 days ago. Shit !
    I really don't know what to do to make that stop. It always stops by itself, as it started. Sometimes it last 3 days sometimes 3 weeks. I think I'm too anxious...
    Courage dude...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    well i just read that one third of all road accidents are caused by people who are too tired... and thusly i've realised that means two thirds are caused by people who are completely alert and awake ...so i'm staying up for 56 hours straight as i'm driving to Newcastle on Tuesday :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262

same here. cause of work.. when I'm working a night shift I'll be home around 11 PM-midnight, depending on the day. and even if I'm dead tired I just can't get any sleep for a few hours, cause I'm still on "work-mode". and then I finally fall asleep around 3 AM and sleep laaaate.. :o

and then, if I need to do the occasional morning shift - I'm screwed!
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    well i just read that one third of all road accidents are caused by people who are too tired... and thusly i've realised that means two thirds are caused by people who are completely alert and awake ...so i'm staying up for 56 hours straight as i'm driving to Newcastle on Tuesday :)

good one.........

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I hate it when I can't sleep, it sucks so bad and I get a really bad headache!!
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."