Options

AET WINDSOR Meet-up?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone near that neck of the woods? Just thinking it would be cool to meet up there sometime next year; the castle; the food; the drink; the atmosphere...
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    woo! sounds like a fantastic idea. :)

though, not sure how big are the chances of me making it. :o

but I love the idea still. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    woo! sounds like a fantastic idea. :)

though, not sure how big are the chances of me making it. :o

but I love the idea still. :D

Just sounding it out, it's early days... but it's easy for me to get to, so thought I'd give it a go.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Of course, if we're talking about in the future.
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Just sounding it out, it's early days... but it's easy for me to get to, so thought I'd give it a go.

oh definitely!

haha. I wish I'd live near somewhere nice and easy-to-get-to. :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Of course, if we're talking about in the future.

Cool.

Yeah it'll probably end up being when the weather gets warmer.

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    no thanks.. i'm measuring my tendons that night
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    no thanks.. i'm measuring my tendons that night

Haha.. shame you're not measuring something else, you could be there by half past 6.

• Options
    Haha.. shame you're not measuring something else, you could be there by half past 6.

yeah if i started measuring now :p

why Windsor.. i associate that with the Queen, ergo i'm not coming to fill up her all ready bursting sequined pockets.

whats wrong with London, Manchester, Hartlepool.. all the big cities.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    oh definitely!

haha. I wish I'd live near somewhere nice and easy-to-get-to. :)

Is Finland not nice?

• Options
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah i started measuring now :p

why Windsor.. i associate that with the Queen, ergo i'm not coming to fill up her all ready bursting sequined pockets.

Shite, inaccessible, or just non-existent 'public' transport. :D

Windsor's a nice place, 15 minutes away from me and as far as I know, no more money goes into Q's pocket from Windsor than from any other town/city.

• Options
    Shite, inaccessible, or just non-existent 'public' transport. :D

Windsor's a nice place, 15 minutes away from me and as far as I know, no more money goes into Q's pocket from Windsor than from any other town/city.

Well, wherever. It would be a good idea for the future.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:

Manchester, yeah I could do Manchester.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    dunkman wrote:

exactly whats wrong with London?!! i would prefer everyone to meet there of course
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Seeing as were probably getting no pearl jam for a year or five, maybe we should all hop on a ryan air cheapie, and see that pearl jem lot over in Dublin or something, you know they have this really nice pop there, black it is.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    exactly whats wrong with London?!! i would prefer everyone to meet there of course

Nothing is wrong with London other than the fact that I can't get there as frequently as I'd like. Scroll up.

• Options
    I think we should all just meet in somewhere completely random where nobody's from but has loadsa pubs so we can do a mad pub crawl... and take over some hostel :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    I think we should all just meet in somewhere completely random where nobody's from but has loadsa pubs so we can do a mad pub crawl... and take over some hostel :)

Prague!!!
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• Options
    and yep, considering Mark's gone out of his way to meet some of you lot :p when it's not so easy for him.............
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    Prague!!!
    :) Done!

Even if it's only for a weekend... we should pick some random weekend coming into next summer and off we go :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    :) Done!

Even if it's only for a weekend... we should pick some random weekend coming into next summer and off we go :)

I would be up for that, they got nice Pivo in Prague :D

• Options
    Prague!!!

I second that but actually, that may be pushing my luck a bit too far, to just ditch my baby and partner and jet off to another country. (That's if I'm invited). :)
  • Options
    I would be up for that, they got nice Pivo in Prague :D
    what's pivo? :o

sorry HLF, we won't hijack your thread any longer... hmm... dunno if I could even THINK about another trip right now, off to Birmingham next weekend and hopefully London in January so can we leave this til after Christmas :eek:

I'm definitely 100% up for it though... if we pick a weekend far enough in advance, cheap flight, cheap hostel... blah blah blah :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I second that but actually, that may be pushing my luck a bit too far, to just ditch my baby and partner and jet off to another country. (That's if I'm invited). :)

I'm sure they could manage without you for a weekend.

• Options
    Windsor's a nice place, 15 minutes away from me

ahh so thats why :D
  • Options

Beer :p

• Options
    Beer :p
    :) well then I'd be happy... oooooooooooooohhh... what about Belgium? I LOVE their beer... love it love it love it almost as much as Pearl Jam :eek:

Although I'm happy with Prague if that would be too confusing for ya :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    I'm sure they could manage without you for a weekend.

I don't doubt that. :(

It's a bit unrealistic anyway.
  • Options

sorry HLF, we won't hijack your thread any longer... hmm... dunno if I could even THINK about another trip right now, off to Birmingham next weekend and hopefully London in January so can we leave this til after Christmas :eek:

I'm definitely 100% up for it though... if we pick a weekend far enough in advance, cheap flight, cheap hostel... blah blah blah :)

Yeah well this would be definitely next year, possibly closer to the summer. :)

• Options
    I don't doubt that. :(

It's a bit unrealistic anyway.
    really? It's a long time away... 5 or 6 months... if you put away £20 a week between now and then, that would cover probably most of it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    ahh so thats why :D

:rolleyes:

Don't know why I expected anything else from you, Dunk Diggler.