Does this PJ tattoo mean anything?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited November 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I'm thinking of getting this tatt, same as Duggro's.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=261821&highlight=tattoo

Do the symbols mean anything? I've attached a meaning to 'em, but I was wondering if it was already known.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    the link wouldnt work for me. can you check it mark? :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • the link wouldnt work for me. can you check it mark? :)

Done.

EDIT: Crap it's an old link. Oh well. :rolleyes: I guess it'll mean what I want it to mean then.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• i thought they were supposed to represent the elements:
    earth, air, fire, water, spirit....
    ~~*~~ ...i surfaced and all of my being was enlightend... ~~*~~
  • i thought they were supposed to represent the elements:

Yeah, same here :)
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Yeah, same here :)

Hmm... yeah that sounds logical. :)

• Yeah, same here :)

i can't remember which one is which though....
    wasn't there a little quote on the back of the "elements" tshirt that described it?
    it's not in the goods section anymore... anyone have one of those shirts?
    damn, i wish i did now! :)
  • i can't remember which one is which though....
    wasn't there a little quote on the back of the "elements" tshirt that described it?

In fact thinking about it, I've been asked to bring to the tattooist a better image than the photo of Duggro's arm. :D

Anyone have it?

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

• That's right. The elements design. 'Xcept the PJ ones are in a line, and I think there are five of them?

That's right. The elements design. 'Xcept the PJ ones are in a line, and I think there are five of them?

personally i prefer the eye of horus. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • In fact thinking about it, I've been asked to bring to the tattooist a better image than the photo of Duggro's arm. :D

Anyone have it?

This is about the best I could find.

http://www.magnusons.net/images/PJ_elements.jpg
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• geniegenie Posts: 2,222

yep, and i remember dunkman laughing when i said that one of the symbols is supposed to be the earth. :rolleyes:
  • genie wrote:
    yep, and i remember dunkman laughing when i said that one of the symbols is supposed to be the earth. :rolleyes:

LOL why is that funny?

• This is about the best I could find.

http://www.magnusons.net/images/PJ_elements.jpg

Those look really good, thanks. :)

• Those look really good, thanks. :)

Not a problem, the lines could do with being a bit sharper but that shouldn't be too difficult to sort out.

LOL why is that funny?

it's dunk we're talking about here. to him everything's a laugh. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • it's dunk we're talking about here. to him everything's a laugh. :D

Dunk is pretty funny...

but not funny 'haha' :D

LOL why is that funny?

i don't know, i don't understand him....and i don't think his jokes are particularly funny. he tries to be funny too much.
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    genie wrote:
    i don't know, i don't understand him....and i don't think his jokes are particularly funny. he tries to be funny too much.

unless you're joking.. (which I hope you are!) I think this conversation/comment should be saved for PMs.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Where are you having it done, harmless? I mean are you having it on your arm as well? :o Please tell me it's being done on your arm.

I haven't been following your tattoo threads, sorry.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    i can't remember which one is which though....
    http://secure.pearljam.com/images/store/products/1114.jpg
    http://secure.pearljam.com/images/store/products/1116.jpg

there's some good shit in those old t-shirt...whole serie of those: http://secure.pearljam.com/images/store/products/1106.jpg
    how cool is that? (change the numbers and you'll find more..in decreasing for that serie)
    genie wrote:

well he is scottish. they have a curious sense of humour. must be all that haggis and whisky. besides dunk makes me laugh and i need that. so he's ok by me. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • genie wrote:

He's pretty cool, he looks out for us Brits on the board. I'd take what he says lightly.

Anyway, tattoo...
  • Pegasus wrote:

that's exactly what i was thinking of.... thank you!! :)

"sound and hearing".... very cool! :cool:
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    genie wrote:

yeah cos you're a barrel of laughs... it was you who started the thread "death" in which you wanted to die... hardly fucking prime time entertainment.

i only come on here for a laugh.. its cool you dont get it.. i dont care... your life sounds sad and if you get something out of being a myopic miserabilist then so be it... i enjoy laughing and fun things.

see you around :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dunkman wrote:
    yeah cos you're a barrel of laughs... it was you who started the thread "death" in which you wanted to die... hardly fucking prime time entertainment.

i only come on here for a laugh.. its cool you dont get it.. i dont care... your life sounds sad and if you get something out of being a myopic miserabilist then so be it... i enjoy laughing and fun things.

is it just me or you're starting to sound really (rather than jokily) mean and aggressive?
    that's a couple of reply in the last few days that I struggle to 'get'..
    chill man.
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,833
    i thought they were supposed to represent the elements:

isn't one supposed to be music?
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• a5pj wrote:
    isn't one supposed to be music?

yah, check out the links that Pegasus posted:

"The fifth element is the basis for both sound and hearing."

traditionally, in wicca, the 5th element is typically spirit though... i think :o
  • Pegasus wrote:
    is it just me or you're starting to sound really (rather than jokily) mean and aggressive?
    that's a couple of reply in the last few days that I struggle to 'get'..
    chill man.

You did sound like bostonlou there!
    dunkman wrote:

i don't come here to TRY to be funny ;)

exactly!!! my life sounds sad........... - which is your opinion based only on my threads and posts.

take advice from Pegasus and chill out man!! cause you ain't the dog's bollocks that you think you are.