Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Help me choose an iPod!

2»

Comments

  • dunkman wrote:
    fucking whiny bunch of snobby fuckheads.... now thats the Royals Family outta the way ;)


    seriously... people on here who go on about the Ipod being worse than Satans bellybutton smegma.. whatever.. boring... those are the people who still buy wax cylinders and cycle fucking hemp bikes.

    Harmless, buy whatever you fucking want... it wouldnt matter what you buy someone will have something negative to say about it.

    p.s. dont buy an ipod though.. they're shit... buy a Sony walkman and some c90's... then spend 46 hours making a mixtape before realising you had the dub button on and you can only hear white noise... or is it Revolution Number 9?.. either way i dont care

    ding ding ding ding

    post of the week!
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

    - the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    ding ding ding ding

    post of the week!


    well.. i could have bet my house on I Brisk I being on this thread and he even had the audacity to say you were being brainwashed... well he has a short memory as he once posted in an iPod thread about them being shit and when someone said "could you explain why?" he said "i'll tell you what i think of them..." and then he COPIED AND PASTED someone else's thoughts on why an ipod is shit... he didnt put it in quotes or anything.. just plagiarised some smart fuckers thoughts on why Ipods are duff... i knew its wasnt his thoughts as all of the spelling was Americanized.

    anyway... if you want to listen to mp3 and not record someone farting at 10000 feet away then an ipod will meet your needs... are there better players out there? sure... but then there are better everything... I have a decent car but i know there are better ones... but my car does do what its meant to... an Ipod will do you the same.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    well.. i could have bet my house on I Brisk I being on this thread and he even had the audacity to say you were being brainwashed... well he has a short memory as he once posted in an iPod thread about them being shit and when someone said "could you explain why?" he said "i'll tell you what i think of them..." and then he COPIED AND PASTED someone else's thoughts on why an ipod is shit... he didnt put it in quotes or anything.. just plagiarised some smart fuckers thoughts on why Ipods are duff... i knew its wasnt his thoughts as all of the spelling was Americanized.

    It's easy to be a hypocrite in life. :D
    dunkman wrote:
    anyway... if you want to listen to mp3 and not record someone farting at 10000 feet away then an ipod will meet your needs... are there better players out there? sure... but then there are better everything... I have a decent car but i know there are better ones... but my car does do what its meant to... an Ipod will do you the same.

    Cool, cheers. Yes, MP3s - music - is all I really care about. Who needs a movie on a tiny screen anyway? I have a tv and I don't need to watch a movie when I'm out during the day, I can wait till I get home.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

    - the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    I have an iPod on my Christmas list but I'm not sure which one - help me weigh the pros and cons! Cheers...

    i have an 80gb ipod. got it rather recently because i had to upgrade from my 30gb ipod (had more music than disc space). and i've always loved it. i don't see why iTunes is so bad. it's very easy to use, if you have the album art it can look very nice and professional and i've never had it freeze on me like some people say. and plus it has a music store built into it in case you would like to purchase a song or album.

    PM me if you wanna talk more.
    6/11/08 WPB


    ♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

    ♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • stylo17 wrote:
    i have an 80gb ipod. got it rather recently because i had to upgrade from my 30gb ipod (had more music than disc space). and i've always loved it. i don't see why iTunes is so bad. it's very easy to use, if you have the album art it can look very nice and professional and i've never had it freeze on me like some people say. and plus it has a music store built into it in case you would like to purchase a song or album.

    PM me if you wanna talk more.

    Is it a Classic?

    I've looked a bit and that's what I think I want... iPod Classic - new design - 80gb... yeah that suits, I think.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

    - the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    Is it a Classic?

    I've looked a bit and that's what I think I want... iPod Classic - new design - 80gb... yeah that suits, I think.
    yes, go for this one. You won't be dissapointed.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • 160gb video ipod all the way, im gonna get one soon
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

    Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

    Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

    Wembley 2007 :D
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Get the 80GB for $250.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,753
    Chime wrote:
    Ditto :)

    Only thing I've managed to do is break the clip on the back of the remote :o:p ... that's one thing I'd miss with an ipod ... they don't have a remote do they :confused:
    you have to pay extra for one and it's not graphic one (so you can't use it to see what's paying).
    I broke the clip too, eventually.
    then I broke the remote (well, it just died.. 3 years of constant use though).
    found another one on ebay.

    the other great thing about iRiver Hseries is that you can use them as recorder.. the 2nd Vic recording was on that ;)
    also radio, optical in and out, drag and drop (NO need for another program..and I don't want stuff updated automatically, I want to choose what I put, and I've heard plenty of horror stories about itunes doing what the hell IT wants rather than what you want), multicodec..

    Mark, if you want an Ipod, fine, but you should at least look at the other options available, because there's plenty.
    the fact you're asking "what iPod should I get?" rather than "What Mp3 player should I get?" means you're completely swayed by advertising/hype rather than by functionality and pragmatism.

    on the subject of advertising:
    it cost money to advertise, lots of money, TV most of all. Apple being already a giant corporation had more money than everyone to spend on selling the ipod (and had already brand recognition)...and the reason why it's more expensive than the competition is precisely because of all the advertising.
    A new brand that only makes players, nothing else, does not have the same amount of readily available cash to throw around.

    as for it not being shit, it probably has got a lot better but I remember when it first came out all the problems people were having with it! (HD and battery failures in particular)
    It was a piece of shit!

    Apple is very good at hyping things up.. see the iPhone
This discussion has been closed.