Options

Al Murray

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Does anyone else he's just seriously clever and quick-witted? He's like a comedic machine gun!
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Does anyone else he's just seriously clever and quick-witted? He's like a comedic machine gun!
    I saw him live, he's incredible, so funny, but more than that he's so clever. For the first half an hour or so I was starting to think.."hang on, he's over doing this talking to members of the audience thing." But the second half of the show, he built almost entirely around the 6 or so people he'd been talking to/extracting information from...it was the cleverest thing I've seen for a while.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    I saw him live, he's incredible, so funny, but more than that he's so clever. For the first half an hour or so I was starting to think.."hang on, he's over doing this talking to members of the audience thing." But the second half of the show, he built almost entirely around the 6 or so people he'd been talking to/extracting information from...it was the cleverest thing I've seen for a while.

That's what I mean... SO good at returning back to earlier jokes/themes when you'd least expect it. Comparable to Eddie Izzard in that respect.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Comparable to Eddie Izzard in that respect.

he's good but he's no Izzard ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    he's good but he's no Izzard ;)

I didn't say 'as good as'... I said 'comparable to' ;)

• Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I didn't say 'as good as'... I said 'comparable to' ;)

i can read smarmfeatures.. i just cant post things properly ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    Now, Izzard, got a lotta time for Izzard (said in style of self-rightous brothers)there's a clever one. I got a dvd of him in NYC, anyone want to borrow it?
  • Options
    stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    Its amazing how people's sense of humour can differ. Al Murray is painfully unfunny for me, as is Chris Rock who someone made a thread about recently. Eddie Izzard however is a genius in my opinion.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Options
    stu gee wrote:
    Its amazing how people's sense of humour can differ. Al Murray is painfully unfunny for me, as is Chris Rock who someone made a thread about recently. Eddie Izzard however is a genius in my opinion.

Chris Rock is like concorde to me. Way over my head...or a really piss weak excuse for alcohol..whichever, he fits both.