Options

Ah, blasted insomnia...

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
It's 4:22am and I haven't been to sleep yet... arrghh almost no point in bothering now..
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Finally someone here you can't fucking sleep either!! Sorry dude..
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    jaysus.. that is late. I hate insomnia. Have you tried a nice herbal tea? What time do you have to be up? If you can get a few hours in you should try but coming on line isn't going to help :p... not that I am not glad to see you ;)
  • Options
    jaysus.. that is late. I hate insomnia. Have you tried a nice herbal tea? What time do you have to be up? If you can get a few hours in you should try but coming on line isn't going to help :p... not that I am not glad to see you ;)

Aww you're too kind... always a pleasure to see you too ;)

My ex liked herbal tea... but she's taken them all with her, wherever she's buggered off to :eek:

Grr yeah I have to be up again for 8-ish so I might give it a go, but I might not.. I know it's weird logic but sometimes I feel more awake in the mornings if I'm already 'up'
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Finally someone here you can't fucking sleep either!! Sorry dude..

Ahh I'm sure it'll pass.. it's been twice since the weekend.. hey ho

You ok mate? I need to be careful... I'm starting to get conscientious that all my threads are bollocks

• Options
    Ahh I'm sure it'll pass.. it's been twice since the weekend.. hey ho

You ok mate? I need to be careful... I'm starting to get conscientious that all my threads are bollocks

I'm all right! I just can't EVER fall asleep until maybe two hours before I have to get up...it isn't cool at all! I try Tylonel PM, ADVIL PM, AMBIEN makes me do some pretty crazy things (lol) and Benedryl drys me up! DAMMIT!!
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    Aww you're too kind... always a pleasure to see you too ;)

My ex liked herbal tea... but she's taken them all with her, wherever she's buggered off to :eek:

Grr yeah I have to be up again for 8-ish so I might give it a go, but I might not.. I know it's weird logic but sometimes I feel more awake in the mornings if I'm already 'up'

Nah I am not that nice :p

Well scratch the herbal tea than :eek:.... still have that can of cider ?? ;) Even three hours might help some. Try reading something boring, some rubbish and that might help.
  • Options
    I'm all right! I just can't EVER fall asleep until maybe two hours before I have to get up...it isn't cool at all! I try Tylonel PM, ADVIL PM, AMBIEN makes me do some pretty crazy things (lol) and Benedryl drys me up! DAMMIT!!

Dude that sounds hardcore.. when I was a teenager I used to have stints of 2 weeks each.. proper Fight Club-esque it was...

• Options
    Nah I am not that nice :p

Well scratch the herbal tea than :eek:.... still have that can of cider ?? ;) Even three hours might help some. Try reading something boring, some rubbish and that might help.

Hmm I do have the cider..... hmmm indeed......

Na, I'm picky enough with books as it is... I'll read four words and throw it away before I'm asleep :D

• Options
    Hmm I do have the cider..... hmmm indeed......

Na, I'm picky enough with books as it is... I'll read four words and throw it away before I'm asleep :D

You see I am the idea woman ;):p I got tonnes of them but I never do a thing with them :o

So what you just read Reader's Digest then :eek: ???
  • Options
    Dude that sounds hardcore.. when I was a teenager I used to have stints of 2 weeks each.. proper Fight Club-esque it was...

I'm a hardcore kind of girl!! :)
    "What a stupid lamb."
  • Options
    I'm a hardcore kind of girl!! :)

I'm sure you are..... :D

• Options
    You see I am the idea woman ;):p I got tonnes of them but I never do a thing with them :o

So what you just read Reader's Digest then :eek: ???

I've got my favourite books in the book thread, if you're interested....

• Options
    I've got my favourite books in the book thread, if you're interested....

Are you a closet Reader's Digest fan? and I have just insulted you :o:p

I might just read them but another time.. I think mine are in there too. I just started to read a new book about what they think is the first internet serial killer.. good times :eek: actually an interesting read thus far. A little bit more intense than the Mike Gayle book I checked out from the library too.

G'night, harm :)
  • Options
    I used to have a terrible time with insomnia. :( It's not quite as bad as it used to be, but it comes and goes in phases.

They say the best thing you can do is stay in bed with the lights off and just lay there...but, I always find that makes me more anxious. I usually just watch something boring on tv.
  • Options
    Well I got three hours... better than nothing...

• Options
    been there.....done that....

insomnia sucks monkey balls......

that said.....

i slept 14 hours this past saturday......
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    been there.....done that....

insomnia sucks monkey balls......

that said.....

i slept 14 hours this past saturday......

That's what i need... to go to bed like 8 pm on saturday and see what happens...

• Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656

5 hours sleep here.....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Linda wrote:
    5 hours sleep here.....

*yawn* :)

• Options
    I had about seven and I'm still tired. It's my fault though for playing on the computer before I went to bed.

*wags finger at harmless*
  • Options
    I had about seven and I'm still tired. It's my fault though for playing on the computer before I went to bed.

*wags finger at harmless*

LOL if that's not a loaded comment I don't know what is... My mum does that.. passive aggressive... 'If I hadn't done this or that, then'.... *evil eye*

• Options
    LOL if that's not a loaded comment I don't know what is... My mum does that.. passive aggressive... 'If I hadn't done this or that, then'.... *evil eye*

Well, I am a couple of years older than you...

Now straighten your tie. And did you remember to take your lunch money with you? :o
  • Options
    (I can't believe you said I sound like your mum. I CHOOSE to take that as a compliment)!
  • Options
    (I can't believe you said I sound like your mum. I CHOOSE to take that as a compliment)!

My mum is awesome...

• Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    sleeeeep what is that?

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    Try this: Zzzzzzzzzz
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    Is it recommended to count sheep 'cause it rhymes with sleep?

One sleep
    Two sleep

Just curious
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    I didn't sleep at all last night but I couldn't post on the pit so I just lay in bed until the morning. It fucking sucks.

I am going to end up a walking zombie. I need to go for christmas now, my old bed seems like the most bizarre comfort ever.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Bump...