Options

So this is Goodbye from me for a while.

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Trust me, this is fucking difficult to say. But I think I need to walk away from this place for a while. It's become an addiction. It's overtaking my thought-life, started to risk costing my job last year, I'm not sleeping... Many of you know things have torn in two for me this last year. I've met so many fantastic people here and they've been a real source of support for me. But at the same time, it's been the bane of my life to be so dependent on this site: a support which is not real, physical, on-my-door-step. No-one here is going to sort me out. I need to heal by myself.

I can't just go 'cold turkey' (I use this phrase without a shred of exaggeration or irony); I have to ween myself off it. So I guess I'll be around until Monday, and then I'll be gone for a while.

Thankyou everyone for good times; if I've confused the fuck out of you, by all means PM me and I'll try and explain.

Mark aka Harmless
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    it's a new year.......hopefully a better one.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    awww

these things are distracting its true , i have weened myself off and get alot more done and then once in a while (like yesterday) i'll have a flurry!
    i was farily quiet over christmas being with family etc and will only touch in for the rest of the week

little by little Harmless none atall would be sad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Trust me, this is fucking difficult to say. But I think I need to walk away from this place for a while. It's become an addiction. It's overtaking my thought-life, started to risk costing my job last year, I'm not sleeping... Many of you know things have torn in two for me this last year. I've met so many fantastic people here and they've been a real source of support for me. But at the same time, it's been the bane of my life to be so dependent on this site: a support which is not real, physical, on-my-door-step. No-one here is going to sort me out. I need to heal by myself.

I can't just go 'cold turkey' (I use this phrase without a shred of exaggeration or irony); I have to ween myself off it. So I guess I'll be around until Monday, and then I'll be gone for a while.

Thankyou everyone for good times; if I've confused the fuck out of you, by all means PM me and I'll try and explain.

Mark aka Harmless

Nope you didn't confuse me, and yep i know what you're going through cause i can see it all in here....and how your thread count gone up.

But hey! don't be nuts man!! me and this board will miss you :) i agree you need some time to chill out and find yourself and so you should! just don't take long, cause i don't like waiting.

few months back i've had shitty time ( but it can't possibly compare to what you're going throught ), but during this time i've listened to this song. it's quite a popular song, and i've listen to it hundreds of times now and i can even play the intro part of it, but this song has not lost it's soothing affect on me and it's charm. so just listen to it and find your peace of mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hpv7-MIcNg

and come back to all of us better stronger person that you will be :)
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    He'll be back. He has to be :o
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    He'll be back. He has to be :o

he really has to be....
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    Makes perfect sense dude....we' all need to do it every so often, gives you back a bit of perspective :D

Best of luck dude and we're always here ;)
    I need a coffee!
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    why does Goodbye have a cap G? :confused:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    why does Goodbye have a cap G? :confused:

I thought it had more emotional punch. ;)
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Later doode.
    Take it easy on the ciders.
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    We'll hear from you next week then!
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I'll miss all those threads about how you just belched or a red car just drove by your place or there's dust on your computer screen, etc...
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    I'll miss all those threads about how you just belched or a red car just drove by your place or there's dust on your computer screen, etc...

Well take heart, those things'll still be happening, you just might have to imagine them for a while. ;)

• Options
    Irish Al wrote:
    Makes perfect sense dude....we' all need to do it every so often, gives you back a bit of perspective :D

Best of luck dude and we're always here ;)
    I agree... it does help to take a break from this place... and we'll be here when you're ready to come back :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    fair play. taking the initiative to sort himself, dont know harmless other than through reading his posts but he seems like a real nice guy with tons to sort out. new year & brighter tomorrow ... :)
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    take care Harmless

I hope you find whatever it is that you need and also that you are able to recharge your batteries, so to speak...
  • Options
    Could you not just do what I do and play on here until you get thoroughly fucking sick of us? I do that sometimes. I think 'not them again! And how much can one talk about Pearl Jam'??? ;):)

Or... just MAKE yourself only switch on at certain times of the day for maybe only a couple of hours?

I understand though. If you want to take a break, good luck and I hope you come back feeling better.
  • Options
    Could you not just do what I do and play on here until you get thoroughly fucking sick of us?

I wish I could answer that question here.. :)

• Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    I tried doing this. I failed.

Good luck dude.

Remember, an argument with a stranger is only a click or 2 away.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    cory wrote:

is it fuck... its at least 3 away
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    I tried doing this. I failed.

Good luck dude.

Did you just insult my mother? :mad:
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    WHHHATTTTTT THHHEEEEEE HHHHHHLLLLLLLFFFFFFF are you doing?!? Does this mean I have to admit my addiction as well? Fuck That! Best of luck to you HLF. I gotta admit I was taken aback when Corance did it, I thought "where will I get my latest ball jokes from?". Now this, which leads me to think "where will I get my latest photofuckit jokes from?". Well there's always that DroptheLeash kid having computer problems. I just hope he doesn't flunk out of school because of here! Take care HLF, we'll be here even if you're in invisible mode.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    WHHHATTTTTT THHHEEEEEE HHHHHHLLLLLLLFFFFFFF are you doing?!? Does this mean I have to admit my addiction as well? Fuck That! Best of luck to you HLF. I gotta admit I was taken aback when Corance did it, I thought "where will I get my latest ball jokes from?". Now this, which leads me to think "where will I get my latest photofuckit jokes from?". Well there's always that DroptheLeash kid having computer problems. I just hope he doesn't flunk out of school because of here! Take care HLF, we'll be here even if you're in invisible mode.

How do you go invisible? That Radiohead song isn't helping me.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    good luck buddy with whatever it is you are aiming for.
    i do understand.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677

I haven't figured it out yet. I've got a call into the designer of Wonder Woman's helicopter. I'll let you know when I hear back.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I haven't figured it out yet. I've got a call into the designer of Wonder Woman's helicopter. I'll let you know when I hear back.

:D

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    yeah harmless i recon most of us got
    some sorta lil addiction goin around here.

you'll be just fine dude.
    easy does it.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options

I was waiting for that. LOL. :)

Look. I have a very addictive personality and if I can walk away for two minutes :o I'm sure the rest of you can.

OMG I have a problem too!
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    mookie9999 wrote:

Dude that was a jet. An invisable jet.

(ducks and hides in shame that i used to watch that as a little lad)
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    I was waiting for that. LOL. :)

Look. I have a very addictive personality and if I can walk away for two minutes :o I'm sure the rest of you can.

OMG I have a problem too!

You can walk away? I'll believe that when I see it! :p You have an addictive personality too? Peas in a pod my friend.. Peas in a pod.

• Options
    You can walk away? I'll believe that when I see it! :p You have an addictive personality too? Peas in a pod my friend.. Peas in a pod.

It's a good job we're not dating then. That would be a recipe for disaster. ;)