Options

Any Chronicles of Narnia fans?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
The new Prince Caspian trailer is up... http://www.narniaweb.com.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,550
    I enjoyed reading one of those novels with my neice a few years back. The lion, the witch and the wardrobe. That is the same series by C.S. Lewis, no?
  • Options
    tish wrote:
    I enjoyed reading one of those novels with my neice a few years back. The lion, the witch and the wardrobe. That is the same series by C.S. Lewis, no?

Yup, that's the first one. I love em. Prince Caspian is second. Film coming out in May.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    My daughter got a 97 for a paper she did on this story.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    g under p wrote:
    My daughter got a 97 for a paper she did on this story.

Peace

Nice. Congratulations to her!

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Some sweet lookin' stuff....can't wait.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Sweet!

I was a huge fan of the books back in the day. A little let down by the first movie, but my expectations were set a little high. This looks pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the Dawn Treader movie though, that was probably my favorite book. I remember making a replica of the ship out of legos. :) I really hope they do all the books in this series too. It'll be interesting to see how they do the prequel one, Magician's Nephew was it?

On a side note and back to my childhood memories....anyone ever read Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, i.e. The Black Cauldron, etc??? Those were some awesome books. Slightly more mature than the Narnia books, but along similar lines.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Sweet!

I was a huge fan of the books back in the day. A little let down by the first movie, but my expectations were set a little high. This looks pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the Dawn Treader movie though, that was probably my favorite book. I remember making a replica of the ship out of legos. :) I really hope they do all the books in this series too. It'll be interesting to see how they do the prequel one, Magician's Nephew was it?

On a side note and back to my childhood memories....anyone ever read Lloyd Alexander's Prydain Chronicles, i.e. The Black Cauldron, etc??? Those were some awesome books. Slightly more mature than the Narnia books, but along similar lines.

Haven't read those, but I agree with you about the first film. It was OK, not good enough in places. Seems as if they will get better and better as the series goes on.

• Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    The SNL Cronic cals of Narnia is awesome!
  • Options
    sennin wrote:

Can I have a link?

• Options
    sennin wrote:

Lazy Sunday you mean ;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Lazy Sunday you mean ;)

WTF are you on about?

• Options
    WTF are you on about?

I tried to post a link from youtube but all the clips have been removed it looks like
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers