Whis is the most EXPRESSIVE smiley?

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I vote this one:

:eek:

It just screams out shock.
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I vote this one:

:eek:

It just screams out shock.

ooh, good choice. :)

I also like :o cause you can apply it to many situations. don't ask for examples though, can't think of any. :o and I might be typing shite. :o

lol.
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    i went with :D
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • eMMI wrote:
    ooh, good choice. :)

I also like :o cause you can apply it to many situations. don't ask for examples though, can't think of any. and I might be typing shite.

lol.

Actually :o was my first choice... till it got beaten, just, by :eek:

Crap, I realised I said 'Whis is the most...'

What's Whis?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

Actually :o was my first choice... till it got beaten, just, by :eek:

Crap, I realised I said 'Whis is the most...'

What's Whis?

fabulous. :D

lol. nevermind that, everyone knows what you mean anyway. possibly.

Whis.. hmm. sounds like it could be a soft drink in the Simpsons. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • eMMI wrote:
    fabulous. :D

lol. nevermind that, everyone knows what you mean anyway. possibly.

Whis.. hmm. sounds like it could be a soft drink in the Simpsons. :D

Haha yeah it does don't it.

Or like a character in a fantasy novel. Whis the dark elf.

• i went with :D

Good choice urbanhippie!

What does this smilie mean to YOU? Share, for the benefit of the class?

Haha yeah it does don't it.

Or like a character in a fantasy novel. Whis the dark elf.

lol. if I ever write a (good) fantasy novel, I just might have to steal "Whis". :D

though Whis doesn't sound dark. maybe good elf gone bad?
  • eMMI wrote:
    lol. if I ever write a (good) fantasy novel, I just might have to steal "Whis". :D

though Whis doesn't sound dark. maybe good elf gone bad?

No you're right... sounds more like a good elf who fell into the wrong crowd.

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    :o obviously
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    :o obviously

Oh, so :o has edged ahead, with another vote!

• I use :D the most, but :eek: is prolly the best response to a post of mine...I feel like I have accomplished something if I get a :eek:

I also like ;) because it's like "you are in the know"

I think Whis is something a drunk does when he doesn't hit the toilet seat with his piss.

"wai righ here I gotta go whis..." *stumble stumble stumble* :D
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    sorry that's my favourite:
    http://www.pjbootstrading.org/forum/images/smiles/icon_twisted.gif
    it expresses a lot of things ;)
  • I use :D the most, but :eek: is prolly the best response to a post of mine...I feel like I have accomplished something if I get a :eek:

I also like ;) because it's like "you are in the know"

I think Whis is something a drunk does when he doesn't hit the toilet seat with his piss.

"wai righ here I gotta go whis..." *stumble stumble stumble* :D

LOL yeah... some good ideas about the Whis......

Thank God I'm permanently sitting down....

I think we need some more smilies. maybe a :i'mpissedsoignoreallmypoststonight: smilie.

I'd use that one the most :p

And seriously.....The smilie limit sucks :mad:

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I think we need some more smilies. maybe a :i'mpissedsoignoreallmypoststonight: smilie.

I think you'll find you wanted this one:

:Isn'tthisthe5thnightinarowHarmless?:

• LOL yeah... some good ideas about the Whis......

Thank God I'm permanently sitting down....

that is what I sound like when I have to peeeeeee!!!

;) *that gets filed in the too much info drawer*
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
    I think you'll find you wanted this one:

:Isn'tthisthe5thnightinarowHarmless?:
    Aaaah! So that's where it is :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Aaaah! So that's where it is :D

Yeah, it's a good one.. if you ever need the keyboard instructions let me know. :D

Yeah, it's a good one.. if you ever need the keyboard instructions let me know. :D

Maybe I don't need a smilie, maybe just one of those signs over my head...:D

Or a badge.....:rolleyes:

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
    No you're right... sounds more like a good elf who fell into the wrong crowd.

aye. :D

I know I should post this on your holiday thread but don't have time for two posts. :o anyway, have a fantastic holiday, I'm off home to eat that ice cream. :D

g'night!
    Can I change my vote?
    I really like this one now :rolleyes:
    I may make a point of using it everyday :D

Wembley 18/06/07

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • I'm not sure but these two are my favourites: :eek: :mad: (The latter is really cute!

I don't like this one though :) because it can be interpreted as a sarcastic smile. Hmmph :mad:
  • I'm not sure but these two are my favourites: :eek: :mad: (The latter is really cute!

I don't like this one though :) because it can be interpreted as a sarcastic smile. Hmmph :mad:

Yeah you're right.... that IS a glitch with that smilie. Well no one's put in a vote for it yet, so... but yes the other ones are good.

• I like the smilie w/ braces:

:E
  • Saturnal wrote:
    I like the smilie w/ braces:

LOL

• Saturnal wrote:
    I like the smilie w/ braces:

That's... excellent. :)

;)
  • That's... excellent. :)

;)

Thankth! :E
  • Saturnal wrote:
    Thankth! :E

Say it. Don't spray it. ;)
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I like this one....

:p
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    on this board I really fell like I'm 5 again and have a very limited vocabulary!!

seriously, lots of arguments and misunderstanding could be avoided if we had more emoticons to nuance our posts.. especially us europeans, let alone brits!

one I hardly use is :mad:...because most of the time it's mock mad but there's nothing to show it.
    and yeah, the limit is ridiculous because you can't quote people properly! :mad:

(that one I meant ;))

there should have at least the limit lifted in AET (but you can't do that)