Options

Man, holidays come and go so quickly!

harmless_little_f***harmless_little_f*** Posts: 8,005
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I was just starting to wind down, relax, sort my head out, when here we are, almost 2008 and another bloody year at work. Hopefully I can grab some motivation from somewhere to get out of my relaxed holiday state...
'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Awwww :(
    When do you go back? Hope you've had a great rest and a recharge on your break :)

and...................WTF has this year gone!!!!!? :eek:
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Hi, you been MIA for a few days buddy. Did you see that we had a rock star make a special appearance on you drinking thread last night? Go see.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    Hi, you been MIA for a few days buddy. Did you see that we had a rock star make a special appearance on you drinking thread last night? Go see.

Huh? WTF?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Huh? WTF?
    On your 'drinking tonight' thread, go see.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:

Robert Plant? Yeah that's pretty cool :D Best thread for it to've happened in, I'd say...

• Options
    jamie uk wrote:

I'd hardly call myself a 'rock star' Jamie.

Happy New Year to all of you! :)
  • Options
    I'd hardly call myself a 'rock star' Jamie.

Happy New Year to all of you! :)

Ah, yeah I almost forgot - Happy new year! Let's see what unfolds everybody.. 'sgotta be better than 07. :rolleyes:

• Options
    I'm actually looking forward to the end of this year. Not because it's been shitty but I just can't wait to stop all the over indulgence. I'm thoroughly sick of boozing, eating and opening/wrapping presents.

Besides, I discovered the message pit in 2007 so that's another good thing that's come out of this year.
  • Options
    I'm actually looking forward to the end of this year. Not because it's been shitty but I just can't wait to stop all the over indulgence. I'm thoroughly sick of boozing, eating and opening/wrapping presents.

Besides, I discovered the message pit in 2007 so that's another good thing that's come out of this year.

Here, here. I got on here in 06, but can't underestimate the support it's been.

• Options
    geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    man, i'm totally with you! last two days i've spent eating and sitting at home wondering what to do next. i still haven't come to some precise conclusion, of what i'm going to do.

and it's not like i'm deciding whether to have a brown or a white toast for dinner!!!

i need to make some decesions on my work, love life, and friends.....and that's fucking tough! cause i want to be free no matter what the consequences are :(
  • Options
    genie wrote:
    man, i'm totally with you! last two days i've spent eating and sitting at home wondering what to do next. i still haven't come to some precise conclusion, of what i'm going to do.

and it's not like i'm deciding whether to have a brown or a white toast for dinner!!!

i need to make some decesions on my work, love life, and friends.....and that's fucking tough! cause i want to be free no matter what the consequences are :(

Here's hoping we both figure some things out this year :)

• Options
    I was just starting to wind down, relax, sort my head out, when here we are, almost 2008 and another bloody year at work. Hopefully I can grab some motivation from somewhere to get out of my relaxed holiday state...

i'm already out of it. after all the food and drink at christmas, I'm dying to get back on schedule before new years. I'm really glad I'm not going out tonight!
  • Options
    i'm already out of it. after all the food and drink at christmas, I'm dying to get back on schedule before new years. I'm really glad I'm not going out tonight!

That's sort of how I'm feeling but I've got a couple more days of boozing.

I'm going to the inlaws and they drink at lunchtimes too! If I say no, they ask what's wrong, then nag and nag and pour a drink anyway.
    As far as lunchtime drinking is concerned, I don't really get a chance to sleep it off because I have a young baby. And once I have one drink, I can't stop myself. I've got no self discipline!

It's awful being me! ;):D
  • Options
    That's sort of how I'm feeling but I've got a couple more days of boozing.

I'm going to the inlaws and they drink at lunchtimes too! If I say no, they ask what's wrong, then nag and nag and pour a drink anyway.
    As far as lunchtime drinking is concerned, I don't really get a chance to sleep it off because I have a young baby. And once I have one drink, I can't stop myself. I've got no self discipline!

It's awful being me! ;):D

my friend wants me to go to a party called "drunken fest" with her tomorrow afternoon. ugh. I was like dude, isn't new years day supposed to be about detoxing?
  • Options
    my friend wants me to go to a party called "drunken fest" with her tomorrow afternoon. ugh. I was like dude, isn't new years day supposed to be about detoxing?

Oh God. I feel your pain. :D