Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
11 Stanley Cups between them!!!
I love to turn you on
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    congrats to the captain.

i enjoyed " all day messier " on the MSG Network yesterday.

also congrats to the other entrants.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Scott Stevens is the man. Best defenseman, behind Ray Bourque, of our time.

Also congrats to the other inductees. All deserving of the honor.
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • what a class!

Growing up in Pittsburgh I am a HUGE Ronnie Francis fan, and believe that he is one of the truly underrated players in the history of the NHL.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • mammasanmammasan Posts: 5,656
    Here is a little montage in honor of Stevens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wqjEM4SmE
    "When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads." - Ron Paul
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Back when Francis was with the Almighty Whale, I went down to the GHO to caddie during the Celebrity Pro-Am. It was volunteer gig, and I was about 13 I think. Well I get the nerve up to go ask Francis if needs a caddie, and he says that he already has one - Kevin Dineen. So I go and find 2 other schmucks and get their bags ready for the first hole. A bit of lull occurs, and out of nowhere Francis comes running up to me and asks if I can still caddy because Dineen won't get there until the 2nd or 3rd tee. I was shocked, almost pee'd my pants, in awe. He sees the other bags at my feet and says 'Looks like you're taken already, but thanks for offering to help'. I almost puked up my wavering 13 year old morals and left those 2 bags right there. He winks at me and says, 'You're doing the right thing...have fun out there today and good luck kid'.

I trudge through 9 holes with these bastards and get $40. I go home that night and Francis and Dineen were all over the news about how much fun they had out on the course. I could've cried.

Go Whalers. Congrats Ronnie!
    I love to turn you on
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    that has to be the best class of all time.

can't wait for messier to become the GM of the rangers one day.
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    My favourite player of this group is Ron Francis he could pass better then anyone except Gretkzy, Stevens getting inducted in the same week as Lindros retiring is kinda unique since after Stevens hammered the Big E he was never the same, Messier was the best Leader of the group winning two more cups without Gretkzy, Al MacInnis struck fear in goalies with that slap shot.

Great class of HOF this year
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • had the good fortune to meet both francis and messier (along with stevie y) all incredibly nice guys. they deserve all the honors they get.
    this has to be one of the greatest induction classes ever.
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Ron Francis. Niiiice
  • shepshep Posts: 5,763
    rival. wrote:
    that has to be the best class of all time.

can't wait for messier to become the GM of the rangers one day.

Good luck with that... :lol:

From what I hear Messier has too much fun down in the Caribbean serving drinks to come back and GM the rangers! :P

(Legend has it Messier bought part ownership in a resort in one of the Caribbean islands, and he regulars goes to the resort and bartends to kill time/he enjoys meeting all the canadians that turn up)...

Nice class all the same. Too bad this is the most exciting thing to happen with hockey this year though... :roll:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,425
    Great class although if Stevens played today he'd be considered a head-hunter and dirty player and would be suspsended every week.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    pjhawks wrote:
    Great class although if Stevens played today he'd be considered a head-hunter and dirty player and would be suspsended every week.

I love me some Stevens.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    pjhawks wrote:

I doubt many would try to pick a fight with him for the hit like what happens nowadays as well, he would smoke them
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539