I Haven't Had A Drink Since...

Comments

• mookie9999 wrote:
    GOD DAMMIT!!! I thought I told you not to share that pic of me with anybody!!!!

well I am in there TOO!! I mean, seriously mooks, you can clearly see the top of my head and a foot!!

:Dseriously, I love your style!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    :eek:

dunkie...sweetie, darling, liver-paste salad o' my heart...

what is with all of the "fat american" jokes?? is it because of the fried twinkies??

or is it because of your inner fears?

mmmmm... deep-fried twinkies

i'd try them so i would..

i've only ever done 3 fat american jokes... c'mon... i've had about 474389 man in a skirt jibes at me.. its not like i'm lying or anything... 87% of american male have never seen there own genitals.. nothing to do with gut circumference more to do with shrimp-cock :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • dunkman wrote:
    mmmmm... deep-fried twinkies

i'd try them so i would..

i've only ever done 3 fat american jokes... c'mon... i've had about 474389 man in a skirt jibes at me.. its not like i'm lying or anything... 87% of american male have never seen there own genitals.. nothing to do with gut circumference more to do with shrimp-cock :)

mmm, shrimp flavored...oh wait! :mad:

I get it!!! hahahahaha ;)

I thought the Scots called it a kilt...and I thought they wore them to keep from intimidating people from their HUGE members...ahhhh freeeee ballin'!

(pssst, my Grandpa was 1/2 Scottish - so the Hermaphroditic side of me is pretty impressive!) ;);)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    chadwick wrote:
    you can do it if you really want to.
    if you wanna you will.
    btw, my last drink of alcohol was back in December.

December 24, 2006............
    One year and 11 days ago i think if my math is correct.
    Nicely done.

(July 1990 for me)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • corycory Posts: 736
    tuesday...3 days...the shakes are setting in.

I was drinking when I read this.

Have a drink. Stop shaking.
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    well I am in there TOO!! I mean, seriously mooks, you can clearly see the top of my head and a foot!!

:Dseriously, I love your style!

I know you're in there! You're lucky you can make a good milkshake or else I wouldn't have let you out!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • good for you! Shakes will go away, I promise :-)
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I saw Hard To Imagine LIVE at MSG!
  • HA! NICE! I did once drive naked, but that was another lifetime ago. And yes it was planned by me...need to dry out and lose weight...booze is the first thing to go.

it will work. Last year I managed to drop 65 pounds. All I did was stopped drinking beer and soda pop completely, and cut way back on my salt intake. I didn't work out, nor did I starve myself....ate a lot of crappy food still but still lost. Good luck with it.
    "It's all happening"
  • Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    it will work. Last year I managed to drop 65 pounds. All I did was stopped drinking beer and soda pop completely, and cut way back on my salt intake. I didn't work out, nor did I starve myself....ate a lot of crappy food still but still lost. Good luck with it.

holy dogshit man - that is awesome! last night was my biggest temptation yet, as i was going to try and give the mrs a good rogering but she would have none of it. so i was oh so close to cracking a cold one.

and yes cory the shakes have subsided a bit. only due to carpal tunnel numbness! i just twitch a bit now in the crotch.
    I love to turn you on
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I Haven't Had A Drink Since...

two seconds ago...

Ahhhhh.

4,192 more sips before the Steelers game.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I haven't had a drink in almost 9 years. Wasn't an alcoholic, just needed to put down the bottle. Came close on NYE but backed down. Don't think it will last forever for me, but to all the others on here best of luck and keep up the good work!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    I have not had a drink since 30 seconds ago.
    Opps............there it goes again. :0
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • I just had a beer tonight with my meal.

Before that a couple at Christmas. Nothing for New Years.

I like sober, never had a drinking problem. Got wasted hundreds of times years ago. I prefer just being me.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    intake of carbs and sugar in bevarages are HUGELY related to a persons weight. if you cut those out and eat properly, you will lose a lot of weight. its a lifestyle change. the first couple weeks are tough, but once you get into a pattern it snowballs and you lead a healthy life, just stick with it, until your thoughts have just changed to doing healthy things, yknow? good luck....ive been eating salad and running for like 3 or 4 months and feel great!!!

choose your circumstances.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
    6 days
    I love to turn you on
    2 1/2 weeks...oh lawd!!! :eek:
    I love to turn you on
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    2 1/2 weeks...oh lawd!!! :eek:

wow! good for you......cheers! ;):D:D
  • 2 1/2 weeks...oh lawd!!! :eek:
    Good Job, Master Dunne!

I havent had an alcohol-drink since 11:30 pm last night.

but that means it hasnt even been 12 hours. :p
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Good Job, Master Dunne!

you can do it....40 more minutes....stay strong....:p :D
    Good Job, Master Dunne!

ah ya tease! i'd drink the barsweat off your socks!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • roarroar Posts: 1,116
    new year's day?

not a big drinker, though.
    my liver is lovely.
  • Good job!

I'm trying to give up regular soda once and for all, for the same reason. It's tough though. I crave that sugary goodness! :D
    Good job!

I'm trying to give up regular soda once and for all, for the same reason. It's tough though. I crave that sugary goodness! :D

coke/pepsi - my same vice. i don't drink coffee, so this is a bubbly wake-up beverage. very prominent in the south.

i feel your pain!! :)
    I love to turn you on
  • cutback wrote:
    you can do it....40 more minutes....stay strong....:p :D
    :D

thank LORD for Coffee bean and Tea Leaf!

their iced tea blend is like crack!

*sigh* Fridays at work always make me want to get a drink at lunch it is SOOOOO boring.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    ....since lastnight around midnight. my shakes are starting to set in! it's been a loooong week at work.
  • coke/pepsi - my same vice. i don't drink coffee, so this is a bubbly wake-up beverage. very prominent in the south.

i feel your pain!! :)

I always feel compelled to drink it with meals. When I'm actually thirsty, I drink water. But when I'm eating dinner, I always want the sweet juice! :D

We can do it! :D
  • how about diet pepsi? i've found it tastes the same as the regular version.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    holy hell. 25 days. i'm shaking right now. my wife is currently hosting a fucking 'Stamping' party. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm trapped right now with my 2 girls watching spongebob, drinking water after water out a smitticks glass stolen by a friend who won't even talk to me anymore, and my hand is burnt from sticking it too far into the fireplace!!!
    aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • holy hell. 25 days. i'm shaking right now. my wife is currently hosting a fucking 'Stamping' party. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm trapped right now with my 2 girls watching spongebob, drinking water after water out a smitticks glass stolen by a friend who won't even talk to me anymore, and my hand is burnt from sticking it too far into the fireplace!!!
    aaaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what in god's name is a stamping party? :D

I accidentally had a soda tonight. :o Oops.
  • Poncier wrote:
    Nicely done.

(July 1990 for me)

excellent, my sobriety date is February 4, 1989. I will have 19 years in another week.
    the whole world will be different soon
    the whole world will be relieved