Options

CUSTOMER SERVICE? Fuck 'em

jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Well I just spent over an hour on the phone trying to get my xbox 360 fixed. Last week my when I tried to eject GTA4 the disc tray came out and the disc was still in the xbox. Disc ruined, xbox ruined.

This will be the 4th time I have to have it fixed. Three times through Best Buy warranty ($50 to renew the warranty each time). Now Microsoft says $100 to repair it. I talk to the supervisor and he says $75 to repair it, plus I have to replace the Grand Theft Auto disc ($60). Bullshit.

Why should I keep shoveling money to a company because their product sucks. I ask for the next supervisor, he tells me he's the top of the line. I'm pretty sure that wasn't Bill Gates, so he most likely has a supervisor.

Over an hour on the phone and not a damn thing accomplished. There is nothing more frustrating than talking to these customer service people. First of all I have to ask them to repeat themselves everytime they say something cause you can't hear or understand them. And then when you ask for a supervisor they tell you to verify a bunch of info just so you can repeat it to the supervisor. Alright, I'm done ranting, I will try Microsoft headquarters tomorrow.
"There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Put the controller down and go get some fresh air and exercise.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    get the name of the CEO and write them a letter. be detailed, explaining every issue and call you've made. Tell them that if this is the kind of product they sell, that you won't be returning as a customer....and even tell them who you're going with.

They might not do a thing but I've always found it satisfying to rip apart LOUSY customer service to the big boss.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    Put the controller down and go get some fresh air and exercise.

I haven't played video games for 5 days. AHHHHHH... I'm fiending

Nah, I go fishing and disc golfing almost everyday, but I need something to do when it's shitty out.
  • Options
    Whizbang wrote:
    get the name of the CEO and write them a letter. be detailed, explaining every issue and call you've made. Tell them that if this is the kind of product they sell, that you won't be returning as a customer....and even tell them who you're going with.

They might not do a thing but I've always found it satisfying to rip apart LOUSY customer service to the big boss.

That's what I told the customer service guys at the end of it. I said I would rather go out and buy a PS3 than pay $75 to fix my Xbox again. I asked him to explain to me why I should keep giving them my business.
  • Options
    Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I haven't played video games for 5 days. AHHHHHH... I'm fiending

Nah, I go fishing and disc golfing almost everyday, but I need something to do when it's shitty out.

I was just heckling you. Apparently there are some major issues with that system. I have a friend who has had to send it back twice as well.

I'm ready for the next generation Wii.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    wow something from microsoft broke

shocking! ;)