Options

Kimbo Slice Vs Tank Abbott

jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
edited February 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else going to watch this? Kimbo is a beast, but he's obviously never fought anyone like Tank. Who knows if Tank is too old now.

It will be on showtime tomorrow night so if you're into MMA watch it.
"There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    Anyone else going to watch this? Kimbo is a beast, but he's obviously never fought anyone like Tank. Who knows if Tank is too old now.

It will be on showtime tomorrow night so if you're into MMA watch it.

Dude, let me know what happens. I don't know who to root for, I don't like either one of them. Tank seems to be the bigger asshole though. Did you see the underground Kimbo Vs. Sean Gannon?
  • Options
    yeah, i'll be watching this one on the fight network here in canada. the pre-lims are also available to watch online at proelite.com

personally, i couldn't really care less about the main event, but hey, it's good for a joke. :D kimbo should win that one easily, but tank claims he has actually trained for this fight. we shall see...

i'm mostly looking forward to seeing how antonio silva handles ricco rodriguez in what could be the best fight of the night, and it's always good to see yves edwards on a card to add some excitement. the smith vs. noke match should also be excellent. oh, and the US debut of james "gong & dash" thompson! :)

anyway, here's the whole card, with weigh-in results from today...

EliteXC: Street Certified, February 16, 2008 - Bank United Center, Miami Florida - Showtime / The Fight Network

Main Card:

Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson (234) Vs. David "Tank" Abbott (263)
    Antonio Silva (259.75) Vs. Ricco Rodriguez (262.75)
    Scott Smith (184) Vs. Kyle Noke (184.75)
    Yves Edwards (160) Vs. Edson Berto (158.25)
    James Thompson (253) Vs. Brett Rogers (264)

Pre-lims:

John Doyle (203.25) Vs. Rafael Feijo (204.5)
    Yosmany Cabezas (184.25) Vs. Jon Kirk (183)
    Dave Herman (242.5) Vs. Mario Rinaldi (260.5)
    Eric Bradley (169.75) Vs. Mikey Gomez (170)
    Mike Bernhard (169.5) Vs. Lorenzo Borgameo (170)
    Jirka Hlavaty (210) Vs. Moyses Gabin (203.75)
  • Options
    I saw Edson Berto fight on the EliteXC before and he submitted the guy with an ankle lock right away. His brother Andre is a lights out power puncher as a boxer, and is a quickly rising prospect.

Antonio Silva I would think would dominate.

Is Kimbo vs. Sean Gannon the one where he like shatters the guys eye socket? I've seen Kimbos fights on youtube, and then I saw him on EliteXC but the guy he fought just cowered into the fetal position.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    jordn6971 wrote:
    I saw Edson Berto fight on the EliteXC before and he submitted the guy with an ankle lock right away. His brother Andre is a lights out power puncher as a boxer, and is a quickly rising prospect.

Antonio Silva I would think would dominate.

Is Kimbo vs. Sean Gannon the one where he like shatters the guys eye socket? I've seen Kimbos fights on youtube, and then I saw him on EliteXC but the guy he fought just cowered into the fetal position.

kimbo vs. sean gannon was the one that took place in a hall of some sort. it was a mess, with kimbo's friends trying to keep order (or get involved in some spots :D) and make up rules...typical messy "street" fight. i believe it's the only one that kimbo "lost".

gannon than went on to fight one fight in the ufc and lost badly to brandon lee hinkle. there have been rumours that elitexc was thinking about putting together a kimbo vs. gannon "rematch" at some point...

i'm definitely looking forward to berto vs. edwards! should be a good one! i didn't know edson's brother was a boxer. good training partner, i would guess, eh?

i'm with you on antonio. personally i think he's one of the most overlooked HW's right now, but ricco can be crafty and tough when he's on his game. silva's performance tonight should be a good gauge to see where he stands on the HW landscape.
  • Options
    Dave Herman Vs. Mario Rinaldi on now...

what a crazy fight in the first round! rinaldi spent three minutes at least trying to take herman down and herman showed incredible take down defense...spent the three minutes throwing strikes to rinaldi's head, avoiding the take down the whole time.

both guys gassed in the second, rinaldi STILL can't get the take down! he is beaten. they should really stop this fight.
  • Options
    finally, it's stopped. herman starts the third with a flying knee then proceeds to clinch and knee, elbow, and punch his way to an impressive win. showed that he was relatively inexperienced (or tired) by not taking advantage of a couple of dominant positions to finish the fight earlier, but a talented and promising looking HW.
  • Options
    holy shit! :eek: what a fight between yosmany cabezas and jon kirk. non stop sub attempts, reversals, relentless striking from start to finish! cabezas almost finished it with a triangle at the end of the first and kirk hung in there, but couldn't escape the rear naked choke in the second.

great action for a pre-lim! great action if had been on the main card! great fight. :)

one more pre-lim left...
  • Options
    rafael feijo is a LHW to keep an eye on! an impressive display of muay thai striking and take down defense. helps to have anderson silva and big nog in your corner i guess. :)

main card in a half hour...
  • Options
    james thompson gets ko'd in the first again. :( not much of a fight, pretty sloppy clinch. not a great start for the main card.

edwards vs. berto coming up though! :)
  • Options
    wow!!! :eek: that one is going to be on highlight reels for years to come!!!

yves throws a jumping knee while fending off the takedown (with his other leg already off the mat) and gets the ko with it!!! only seconds left in the first round! incredible! i've never seen anything like it! :)

yves!!! :)
  • Options
    noke outjabs smith to win the first, then smith gets a ko out of nowhere in the beginning of the second. threw a questionable extra punch, though.

i was hoping for a better fight in that one.

all knockouts so far on the main card.
  • Options
    disappointing HW fight. ricco looked sluggish and silva was way too passive for most of the fight. he had some good moments and did enough to win the split decision, but i've seen him perform much better in the past.

main event coming up...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    Kimbo wins
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    kimbo knocks tank down early but the fight is stopped momentarily after kimbo hits tank in the back of the head three times. a warning is issued and the fight restarts. tank is knocked down a couple more times but gets back up, eventually kimbo gets an early first round ko. all kimbo in this one.
  • Options
    Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson Vs. David "Tank" Abbott:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ehb8_elite-xc-ss-ks-v-ta-miracle_sport