I'm so wet right now.

AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Damn weather!

It's like slush everywhere, I walked to the coffee shop and everything in my pockets was destroyed and my shoes probably won't dry out for 3 days.
I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    You need a raincoat and some gumboots by the sound of it. :)

If it makes you feel any better it's raining here too today. But it's hot though.
    And there's thunder and lightning, which the dog is highly unimpressed about.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Jeanie wrote:
    You need a raincoat and some gumboots by the sound of it. :)

If it makes you feel any better it's raining here too today. But it's hot though.
    And there's thunder and lightning, which the dog is highly unimpressed about.

ooh snap! its thundering and raining here too. aah nothing quite like a summer storm. i love it!!! :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ooh snap! its thundering and raining here too. aah nothing quite like a summer storm. i love it!!! :D:D

Well I'm always glad of the water, so I don't get pissed off when it rains, but I could see why Ahnimus would, I mean I doubt there's a drought in Canada. :D

I love summer storms ESPECIALLY up in the North. Just an amazing experience and well worth standing out in and getting completely drenched in a nanosecond. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,560
    It's just too much here, I wish you could see it.

I started off trying to avoid puddles, but in a matter of seconds I was soaked so it didn't matter.

The worst is, it's not just rain, there is snow from yesterday which turns into slush and prevents the rain from draining properly. The entire street is a puddle, the sidewalks worse than the roads. Chances are the plows are out clearing up the rich neighbourhoods and my neighbourhood is probably last on the list.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
    Jeanie wrote:
    Well I'm always glad of the water, so I don't get pissed off when it rains, but I could see why Ahnimus would, I mean I doubt there's a drought in Canada. :D

I love summer storms ESPECIALLY up in the North. Just an amazing experience and well worth standing out in and getting completely drenched in a nanosecond. :D

yeah but just cause were getting it, doesnt mean the catchment areas are too. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    It's pretty wet here as well. The snow from yesterday is melting, it's raining and we're supposed to get up to 5" of rain in the next few days. It's been really windy too, so I'm just hoping we don't lose power. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    yeah but just cause were getting it, doesnt mean the catchment areas are too. :)

We've been getting a fair amount in the catchment over the last couple of months. The only hassle is all the blue green alge thats been washed down to the dam.

One of my favourite sites

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.shtml
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
    Ahnimus wrote:
    It's just too much here, I wish you could see it.

I started off trying to avoid puddles, but in a matter of seconds I was soaked so it didn't matter.

The worst is, it's not just rain, there is snow from yesterday which turns into slush and prevents the rain from draining properly. The entire street is a puddle, the sidewalks worse than the roads. Chances are the plows are out clearing up the rich neighbourhoods and my neighbourhood is probably last on the list.

I can imagine. :eek: I've only really been "to the snow" a few times so when it is cold and wet and icy and snowy it's still a bit of a novelty for me. BUT I'd hate to live in it!!! :eek:

I guess we just haven't had that kind of water around here for a while Ryan, so I'd always be glad of it, but if I was where you are, probably not so much. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    It's raining here in the Nation's capital and it's needed cause it's been dry all year. Damn gobal warming.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Yeah, I know but we've been doing ok with that lately too, so hopefully they'll tell us tonight that the catchments are up a bit more again. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Austicman wrote:
    We've been getting a fair amount in the catchment over the last couple of months. The only hassle is all the blue green alge thats been washed down to the dam.

One of my favourite sites

http://mirror.bom.gov.au/products/IDR033.shtml

thanks ted. im such a suburban girl. :)

mmm algae. so pretty. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    oooh weee... you shoulda felt that thunder rumble. it rolled right through me. :D:D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    btw Jeanie, I saw you did something to Mestophar's cereal. What's the deal with that?
    Ahnimus wrote:
    btw Jeanie, I saw you did something to Mestophar's cereal. What's the deal with that?

No clue. Obviously I'm annoying or something??? ;):p:D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    No clue. Obviously I'm annoying or something??? ;):p:D

Like this?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NrX9cumFrgw
    Ahnimus wrote:

:D I wish! haha! :D

Perhaps I'll have to try harder or something?? ;):p
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    MAN!!!! It is BUCKETING DOWN out there!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i have a dirty mind. . .wash my love
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    Ahnimus wrote:
    Damn weather!

It's like slush everywhere, I walked to the coffee shop and everything in my pockets was destroyed and my shoes probably won't dry out for 3 days.

Move to Western WA, it never rains here.
    I am dry as a bone these days soaking up the sun.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    What I had on my mind after reading the title of this post is sooooo much different than what the actual post is about
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    What I had on my mind after reading the title of this post is sooooo much different than what the actual post is about

Yeah, me too. :D haha!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    And according to the 4.30pm news we got flash flooding in Ferntree Gully and Knox and we should brace for more over night.

I wondered how come the Police chopper was circling the house. Tree musta come down or a smash or something. Unless there's flooding somwhere nearby, I'm so glad I live on a slope. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Ahnimus wrote:
    Damn weather!

My mind was in the gutter and I was starting to get excited. Then I realized you might be a dude and it was a major buzzkill.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • i have a dirty mind. . .wash my love

Same here.

Poor Ahnimus though. I'm feeling in a sympathetic mood today. :rolleyes:
  • Same here.

Poor Ahnimus though. I'm feeling in a sympathetic mood today. :rolleyes:

I actually thought the title of the thread was supposed to be deliberately funny.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Must.

Bite.

My.

Tongue.

Soooooooooooooooo many wet people on the board :eek: :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    Must.

Bite.

My.

Tongue.

Soooooooooooooooo many wet people on the board :eek: :)

All dry here! ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    Yeah, me too. :D haha!

yea me too. lol
    yea me too. lol

You got Snugglers too? ;):D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    It's been raining here all day and my left foot is soaked as I stepped in a puddle earlier.
This discussion has been closed.