Options

News Flash

corycory Posts: 736
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Santa God is quite simply an awful fucking song. It should have been on Riot Act to drive it even further into the ground.
Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Oh I so disagree. I happen to love it. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    Oh I so disagree. I happen to love it. :)

I won't argue with you but I feel like you may have a different song than what I got.

Did your record sleeve say "Warning: worst song in the history of all times"?

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    cory wrote:
    I won't argue with you but I feel like you may have a different song than what I got.

Did your record sleeve say "Warning: worst song in the history of all times"?
    :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    I like it.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    I like it.

Did it grow on you? Maybe I haven't listened to it enough. I just remembering it being something that was not memorable.

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,435
    cory wrote:
    Did it grow on you? Maybe I haven't listened to it enough. I just remembering it being something that was not memorable.

from the start.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 wrote:
    from the start.

Listening right now and it's just not grabbing me. Oh well....I tried.

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i liked it! plus it was nice to hear brand new PJ too :)
  • Options
    i liked it! plus it was nice to hear brand new PJ too :)

I'm all for new PJ, as we all are, but it was pretty poor. Then again, it is a Christmas song.

I'm just giving it an honest assessment. There are very very very few songs they've done that I don't like. This is definitely one I don't though. Surely other people feel the same way I do. Believe me, Ed doesn't read this or give a fuck what I think anyway.

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    cory wrote:
    I'm all for new PJ, as we all are, but it was pretty poor. Then again, it is a Christmas song.

I'm just giving it an honest assessment. There are very very very few songs they've done that I don't like. This is definitely one I don't though. Surely other people feel the same way I do. Believe me, Ed doesn't read this or give a fuck what I think anyway.
    it's all gravy baby, god knows there are some PJ songs i've only listened to once or twice!
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    it's god aweful
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    it's god aweful

And Slip Kid goes on the Buddy List.

Thank you sir.

• Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    cory wrote:
    And Slip Kid goes on the Buddy List.

Thank you sir.

i did like Jingle Bells though.
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    I love this song and the lyrics are pretty cool...

Kinda reminds me of that Bruce Springsteen "Radio Nowhere" song...vocal style very similar, in a good positive way...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    cory wrote:
    Santa God is quite simply an awful fucking song. It should have been on Riot Act to drive it even further into the ground.

I agree

I thought Ed's voice really sounded awful
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Just to clarify...It's okay to trash Pearl Jam's music, but not yours? Have I got that right?
  • Options
    Just to clarify...It's okay to trash Pearl Jam's music, but not yours? Have I got that right?

It's cool to trash my stuff. Some of it is good. Others are bad. I just do it as a hobby. Regardless of what you think about some of my songs, Santa God isn't particularly good. Why pick a fight at midnight over a Christmas song. Seems a little pathetic.

I would love to hear some of your stuff.

• Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    i'll agree its no Let Me Sleep.

i like the lyrics, but the song is not my favorite.

unfortunately, kinda how i feel about the entire Avocado album too.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    I've just always found it funny when PJ fans come to the PJ board to say that a PJ song sucks. I'd let it go, but you just had a diatribe complaining about people that didn't like your stuff. That didn't seem pathetic, it was pathetic
  • Options
    I've just always found it funny when PJ fans come to the PJ board to say that a PJ song sucks. I'd let it go, but you just had a diatribe complaining about people that didn't like your stuff. That didn't seem pathetic, it was pathetic

I think you missed the point. I don't mind criticism. It's actually helpful in a lot of ways. But it was the particular people who were ragging on me and it had nothing to do with the music. For whatever reason, they just don't like me. So when I asked to hear some of their stuff with just them, a guitar, and their voice, they got quiet all of a sudden.

Look dude, I'm not a great guitar player. I have a decent singing voice. I don't play complicated stuff. I just like playing. I have no aspirations of becoming anything other than a husband and a father. I guess I just don't like people who talk big shit on a fucking message board but don't back it up. That's the nature of the beast. For the record, there are a lot of simple songs that are really good songs. And there are a lot of people on this board who like my songs. Like I said, it's strictly a hobby for me. I've been playing for 5 years and I might play 30 minutes a week because I don't have the time to be in a band. That's why I don't see where all the hate comes from.

And yes, I bashed a PJ song that I didn't think was very good but I still love the band. I think the people I was referring to genuinely hate me which is fine. They're afforded that oportunity through their cyber-anonymity. I guess I'll continue to play and share it and they'll continue to bitch about it. That's basically it.

• Options
    Ok, fair enough.
  • Options
    I can't stand it either.
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    For sure it should have been called Santa God Awful. It sounds like what it probably is, a hurried, obligatory, and really quite substandard offering. I wish half these loonies on here would stop kissing Ed's arse, he's not the fucking messiah, he can suck, that's what's so great about him at times.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    jamie uk wrote:
    For sure it should have been called Santa God Awful. It sounds like what it probably is, a hurried, obligatiry, and really quite substandard offering. I wish half these loonies on here would stop kissing Ed's arse, he's not the fucking messiah, he can suck, that's what's so great about him at times.

Wow! That's really well said! *Bows to Jamie* (Not really). :p
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Wow! That's really well said! *Bows to Jamie* (Not really). :p
    Oh, go on, I need cheering up :). And just to prove we're all different, unlike cory, I am very fond of Riot Act.
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I still haven't heard it coz I don't have a record player.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

You're better off

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVjUMzPu7lw
  • Options
    My3rdEye wrote:

nope. i still don't like it!
  • Options
    My3rdEyeMy3rdEye Posts: 926
    nope. i still don't like it!
    Can't say I care for it much myself. Just posted it for Hitch since he hadn't heard it. I do like mccready's take on jingle bells though.