Options

Young Frankenstein on Broadway!

NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I went to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway on Saturnday night... i have to admit that they did the damn thing justice...

one of my all-time favorite movies on the stage was just awesome... although this is a musical it was still a great show... a lot of the same jokes from the movie...

if you live in NY or are planning a trip, go see the show.
4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
"the waiting drove me mad..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    I went to see Young Frankenstein on Broadway on Saturnday night... i have to admit that they did the damn thing justice...

one of my all-time favorite movies on the stage was just awesome... although this is a musical it was still a great show... a lot of the same jokes from the movie...

if you live in NY or are planning a trip, go see the show.

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a Broadway fiend and this one has been on my radar for a while (since it was in previews, in fact). What else is looking good?
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    daystar143 wrote:
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm a Broadway fiend and this one has been on my radar for a while (since it was in previews, in fact). What else is looking good?

GF and I went to see Cymbeline last week. Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't bust down the door to see it!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    GF and I went to see Cymbeline last week. Wasn't bad, but I wouldn't bust down the door to see it!

Cymbeline isn't my fav of the Bard's works. What about the new King Lear? Ian MacKellan is Lear, I think.
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    daystar143 wrote:
    Cymbeline isn't my fav of the Bard's works. What about the new King Lear? Ian MacKellan is Lear, I think.

I think that run is over. You're talking about the one at BAM, right? Tickets were impossible on that bastard! Wish I would've went!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I think that run is over. You're talking about the one at BAM, right? Tickets were impossible on that bastard! Wish I would've went!

I heard tix were a bitch. I'd have loved to have seen it, too. He's perfect for that role.

I used to get to NYC about twice a year, but I haven't been for over a year now. It's driving me crazy!
    The Daystar

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    daystar143 wrote:

i dont get to see many shows... but the last one i saw, WICKED... was awesome as well. I would like to catch Spamalot too...
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    NYbenben wrote:
    i dont get to see many shows... but the last one i saw, WICKED... was awesome as well. I would like to catch Spamalot too...

Wicked is my current fav! Poor Tybird had to listen to "Defying Gravity" last night...for the 100th time. I have Spam-a-lot tix for the touring company, would have loved to have seen it in NYC with the original cast.
    The Daystar