Options

INAPROPIATE...:confused:

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,315
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
is my home that's what i was told by a rabitt rescue society that i tried to adopt a rabitt from sheegzz ,i have two kids, a cat ,dog they said my house was inapropiate this after they came to my house and did a home visit for 2 fn hrs ,in wich they wen't over how to care for the pet and what not to do with it like they told my daughter she wouldn't be able to hold the rabitt untill she was 18 fruit cakes i call them, anyway i decided to just go to petden and bought her a bunny .........the bunny is doing great at our inapropiate house ...
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    yeah those pet people sometimes can be over the top.....

you tried :) kudos
  • Options
    Wuz it a willdd Rabitt?

If it wuz is quite posssible there are license lawz which wud explain ur daughter not beingg able to holdd the animal until she iz 18....
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    when i was looking for a dog i was looking at rescues and i noticed they all wanted to "inspect" my home.....in theory i understand their motivation for doing this but who are they to decided what is appropriate?.....i'm sure they probably would have found something they didn't like about my house and would have turned me down.......i love animals but these people are just nucking futs.....they care more about a bunny than a humans well being.....

congrats on the bunny, jose....:)
  • Options
    yeah those pet people sometimes can be over the top.....

you tried :) kudos

yeah we tried i mean hell my dog & cat were both from rescue shelters they just were totally over the top with what not to do with the rabitt plus we are saving a pet by going thru them ,but now i feel better because i can truly say we did rescue a pet by buying thru a pet store ..:)
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    There are bunny police?????? :rolleyes: wtf????? :confused:

Good thing they aint here! All kinds of things happen to bunnies here and I just know they would be appallingly "inapropriate" in the eyes of the bunny police! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    Wuz it a willdd Rabitt?

If it wuz is quite posssible there are license lawz which wud explain ur daughter not beingg able to holdd the animal until she iz 18....

no they are not wild rabitts they are rabitts that people just can't manage or just don't wan't anymore ,these folks were just looking for a reason not to give us a rabitt after the meeting was done they said to us we will have a meeting with the whole rescue society and decide if you meet the requirements totally nuts i say ....
  • Options
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    i can't understand why they would think that suddenly on her 18th birthday she would instantly mature and gain the knowledge to properly hold rabbits....interesting.

I do hope that they warned you that bunnies have very delicate backs and kids should be supervised while handling. Also, I would give the bunny about 48 hours to adjust to the new environment before I did much handling, as in particular baby bunnies can get diarrhea when stressed and it doesn't take much for their little bodies to dehydrate. Good luck either way, bunnies are neat pets.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    is my home that's what i was told by a rabitt rescue society that i tried to adopt a rabitt from sheegzz ,i have two kids, a cat ,dog they said my house was inapropiate this after they came to my house and did a home visit for 2 fn hrs ,in wich they wen't over how to care for the pet and what not to do with it like they told my daughter she wouldn't be able to hold the rabitt untill she was 18 fruit cakes i call them, anyway i decided to just go to petden and bought her a bunny .........the bunny is doing great at our inapropiate house ...

Did they tell you why your house was Inappropriate ?

Maybe because you have the dog ? I know my dog chases the rabbits in my yard all the time

I had a home inspection for a dog rescue they basically want to make sure what I put down on the application was the truth

Yard size,where the dog will be kept, that I had another dog blah blah blah
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    i can't understand why they would think that suddenly on her 18th birthday she would instantly mature and gain the knowledge to properly hold rabbits....interesting.

I do hope that they warned you that bunnies have very delicate backs and kids should be supervised while handling. Also, I would give the bunny about 48 hours to adjust to the new environment before I did much handling, as in particular baby bunnies can get diarrhea when stressed and it doesn't take much for their little bodies to dehydrate. Good luck either way, bunnies are neat pets.

yes they did explain all of that wich is great info to have, and we are making sure it's handled with care he is doing fine and my dog just sniffs at him very cool so far ,we do supervise all meetings between the pets he he he funny but true .....
  • Options
    Did they tell you why your house was Inappropriate ?

Maybe because you have the dog ? I know my dog chases the rabbits in my yard all the time

I had a home inspection for a dog rescue they basically want to make sure what I put down on the application was the truth

Yard size,where the dog will be kept, that I had another dog blah blah blah

no they didn't give any specifics as to why, they just eamiled us stating that after further review our house was inapropiate ,we had decided to just go the pet store route after the home meeting anyway but we waited for their response ....
  • Options
    Perhaps it was all the pictures of Elmer Fudd on the walls, jose :D
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    Perhaps it was all the pictures of Elmer Fudd on the walls, jose :D

he he he yeah i knew i should taken those down ,the only other thing it might of been is that my 13yr old son said" it wouldn't be hi's rabitt" to wich one of the interviewrs says "it's evrybody's rabitt" ....that might of sealed our fate as rabitt owners at least from this rescue society ...:eek:
  • Options
    INAPROPIATE...:confused:

you think YOU know inappropriate?
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zPVvbDaX4c0&feature=related
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,444

Sounds like they are on some sorta power trip...it ain't like you are applying to be a foster parent. They put Britney Spears under less scrutiny!

Hmmm...makes me think of Britney in a bunny costume!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Sounds like they are on some sorta power trip...it ain't like you are applying to be a foster parent. They put Britney Spears under less scrutiny!

Hmmm...makes me think of Britney in a bunny costume!

yeah that is exactly how they presented themselves bunny police..
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    what the hell is a rabitt?
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    Slip Kid wrote:
    what the hell is a rabitt?
    ok sorry rabit, bunny,big ears ..
  • Options
    yeah that is exactly how they presented themselves bunny police..

They can make a musical out of this!

"Yes his ears are floppy
    But your house is way too sloppy!
    Before we let him hop
    You'll have to use the mop!"

• Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    ok sorry rabit, bunny,big ears ..

i do like rabbits
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    They can make a musical out of this!

"Yes his ears are floppy
    But your house is way too sloppy!
    Before we let him hop
    You'll have to use the mop!"

yeah no kidding and to top it off the house was totally clean, organized, they didn't even ask to look at the house we just sat in my living room and talked they were there to really interview us as a family oh oh oh so that means that we are not apropiate to have a bunny ....damm :eek:
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    now i'm singing 'bunny police' to the tune of 'karma police' :o

congrats on your inappropriately-housed bunny :D
  • Options
    yeah no kidding and to top it off the house was totally clean, organized, they didn't even ask to look at the house we just sat in my living room and talked they were there to really interview us as a family oh oh oh so that means that we are not apropiate to have a bunny ....damm :eek:

The biggest victim here: THE BUNNY

The Bunnies always suffer!
  • Options

oh yeah now i'm thinking the same thing ,bunny police he he he ....
  • Options

"this is what you get when your house is a mess"
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    "this is what you get when your house is a mess"
    heehee :p
  • Options
    i'm glad though that we didn't get a bunny from them ,i could just see these people showing up at my house unannounced for a bunny inspection ....
  • Options
    Maybe b/c you live in a giant martini glass??? Huh? LOL
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2010: Hartford
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    isnt it more "inappropriate" to euthanize the rabbit? cause thats probably whats gonna happen if people dont adopt them. . .they should be happy to find a home for the rabbit
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1 wrote:
    Maybe b/c you live in a giant martini glass??? Huh? LOL

yeah that might of played a part in their decision or maybe they looked in my freezer and saw that big bottle of gray goose ....:D