Do You Show Gratitude ..

josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
edited December 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
to people who provide a service to you ,i tipped the

SANITATION MEN

MAILMAN

KIDS BUSSDRIVER ,anyone else do the same i know from experience it feels great to get something form people you provide a service too ....
jesus greets me looks just like me ....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• memememe Posts: 4,695
    to people who provide a service to you ,i tipped the

SANITATION MEN

MAILMAN

KIDS BUSSDRIVER ,anyone else do the same i know from experience it feels great to get something form people you provide a service too ....

I just prepared the envelops for our doormen, porters, and superintendent.

Not a service but... I also got a Starbucks card for the wonderful lady who sent me three shows on DVD
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • That's very nice of you, Jose. Around this time it was nice to see people's gratitude for the service I provided. I didnt expect it but was very appreciative anytime it happened. It was just nice to see someone notice that it was pretty hard damn work luggin those bottles up stairs, long driveways, down stairs, through bank vaults, into closets no bigger than the bottles themselves and countless other places. :)
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    meme wrote:
    I just prepared the envelops for our doormen, porters, and superintendent.

Not a service but... I also got a Starbucks card for the wonderful lady who sent me three shows on DVD

that is nice of you those folks won't forget you believe me ....:D
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    that is nice of you those folks won't forget you believe me ....:D

Well, we are moving out this summer, but apart for the superintendent they are all really nice people.
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Don't forget to tip your newspaper delivery person. :)
    meme wrote:
    Well, we are moving out this summer, but apart for the superintendent they are all really nice people.

oh yeah you did tell me that goodluck with the new place when that move happens ..
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I once showed gratitude for my neighbors wife. He then returned the favor with the worst ass-kicking I had ever received. ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • always. my favorite people are the dunkin donuts workers who give me coffee.
  • StellyStelly Posts: 170
    I really enjoy "tipping" when people don't expect it, and really appreciate it:

1) Newspaper Delivery Guy
    2) Cleaing Lady
    3) Woman who cuts my hair
    4) The library staff (I'm in there a TON)

It's fun!
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I once showed gratitude for my neighbors wife. He then returned the favor with the worst ass-kicking I had ever received. ;)

thats fucking hilarius thanks for the laughs :D
    thats fucking hilarius thanks for the laughs :D

Glad my pain is your pleasure! ;):D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    I know that Dunkman likes to really spoil the people that do things for him around the holidays. He lives to give prezzies and tips...what a guy.
    :)

I leave gifts for the mailman, garbage guys, recycle guys, teachers and staff at Holden's school.
    And I helped a guy out in Bath and Body Works today...poor guy was wandering around aimlessly. I thought about it and went over to him and helped him pick out something for his wife. Try it! Help a stranger today. :) It feels good.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I know that Dunkman likes to really spoil the people that do things for him around the holidays. He lives to give prezzies and tips...what a guy.
    :)

I leave gifts for the mailman, garbage guys, recycle guys, teachers and staff at Holden's school.
    And I helped a guy out in Bath and Body Works today...poor guy was wandering around aimlessly. I thought about it and went over to him and helped him pick out something for his wife. Try it! Help a stranger today. :) It feels good.

yes it does feel better to give than to receive glad i did today ...
    yes it does feel better to give than to receive quote]

That's exactly what I told the neighbors wife! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Sonja_SSonja_S Posts: 444
    Don't forget to tip your newspaper delivery person. :)

This will be the first time I'm actually doing that. I moved about a year ago and since then I wasn't awoken once by the delivery guy hammering against my door because he was too drunk to find the box on the door at the first try at 3AM and - lo and behold - my paper is actually delivered every day and not just when he feels like it! Plus he left me a Christmas card in the box a few days ago that was written in an unintentionally funny mix of misspelled German and English words, which made me appreciate the gesture even more.
    You can tell a man from what he has to say - Neil & Tim Finn
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    Sonja_S wrote:
    This will be the first time I'm actually doing that. I moved about a year ago and since then I wasn't awoken once by the delivery guy hammering against my door because he was too drunk to find the box on the door at the first try at 3AM and - lo and behold - my paper is actually delivered every day and not just when he feels like it! Plus he left me a Christmas card in the box a few days ago that was written in an unintentionally funny mix of misspelled German and English words, which made me appreciate the gesture even more.

thats nice of you specially if they are providing good service ...
    thats nice of you specially if they are providing good service ...

At the old place, I even got up once in a while, opened the door, took the paper out of the guy's hand and threw the door closed. The only time I heard the guy where I live now was because I had just come home from a festival screening of Diary of the Dead and was still awake. So I guess he really deserves a little thank you. The English part of the card he left me says 'heppy xis mis day' :D
    They love you so badly for sharing their sorrow, so pick up that guitar and go break a heart - Kris Kristofferson
    'heppy xis mis day' <<<< that should be the way to say it for everybody cool ...:D
    'heppy xis mis day' <<<< that should be the way to say it for everybody cool ...:D

The German part is even more creative. He didn't even manage to write the name of the newspaper correctly. I can imagine what an effort writing the cards must have been for him. I think I'll keep 'xis mis' though ;)
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    TrixieCat wrote:

thanks... not one person left me a xmas tip at my job... ergo why should i leave anything for my mailman/garbage guy/etc.. :confused:

its a cultural difference my dear... some other day i'll explain the word 'cultural' to you Americans ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Tips aren't customary here like they are in America.. anyway, I rarely have the money to keep tipping. If I tipped every place I eat at, I'd be broker than I already am. But if I've had a good meal/service, I'll always personally thank them for it.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Sonja_S wrote:

Christmas time is what you look forward to if you have a route. I miss the easy money you can make. But getting up every morning at 3am for 6 yrs was enough. We didn't expect a tip from everybody, but the ones that did. Well they got really good service. :D
  • to people who provide a service to you ,i tipped the

SANITATION MEN

MAILMAN

you tip these people often.....or just around the holidays?
    "It's all happening"
    you tip these people often.....or just around the holidays?

only at holiday time ,the sanitation i might tip on other occasions when i have a lot of trash for them to take specially when i do any construction to my home ..
    But if I've had a good meal/service, I'll always personally thank them for it.

I don't know about in England, but here in America the bank won't accept a "personal thank you" as a deposit. ;) I know this topic has been exhausted on here in the past, just felt like bustin' your chops!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

Christmas time is what you look forward to if you have a route. I miss the easy money you can make. But getting up every morning at 3am for 6 yrs was enough. We didn't expect a tip from everybody, but the ones that did. Well they got really good service. :D

It's mostly immigrants that deliver the papers here. The paper has to be here at 5am the latest, weekends on 7am or there's trouble (there are controls done regularly), so they start the routes pretty early. I got mine around 3am at the old place and get in at 4 where I am now. It's not common to have more than one job over here (the taxes would eat up the entire salary of one of those), but I do suspect that most of the delivery people do have another job during the day that the minister of finance doesn't know about ;) I'll tip on Dec 31 though because I don't know if my delivery person even celebrates 'xis mis' or is of some belief where he celebrates something else.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    I usually tip food servers, cab drivers, the people that help with luggage (except the guys on the shuttles at McCarran airport who drive the shuttles to the rental car center...those guys are assholes), newspaper deliverers, my barber,...and I think that's all of them.