Options

Indiana Jones 4 or The Dark Knight?

coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
which will be a bigger or better movie in 2008? I think Indy 4 will make more money... but The dark knight will be a better movie. I hope Indy 4 rocks though... i am a little worried about Shia Labeef and Mr. Lucas adding aliens to an Indiana Jones movie.

Heath ledger looks great as the Joker!
Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    19 years off for Indy.. 3 years off for the "new" Batman series. Not sure how that will either help or hurt, but I see TDK doing better as far as money goes. I have high hopes for both but am a bit skeptical about Indy, mostly because of the age of the actors.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    indy. hands down *Whoooo-Pish!*
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    The Dark Knight by far. Infact, I'll go ahead and proclaim it best movie of 2008.
  • Options
    The Dark Knight by far. Infact, I'll go ahead and proclaim it best movie of 2008.

That's a bold statement... with "Step Up 2-the streets" coming out in 2008!
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I'm waaay more excited for Indy 4. I don't know how anyone couldn't be.. I still think The Dark Knight will be awesome though.

The Dark Knight will probably be a better movie. Indy 4 will beat it out at the box office though.
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Both will get some of my money. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    I'm waaay more excited for Indy 4. I don't know how anyone couldn't be.. I still think The Dark Knight will be awesome though.

The Dark Knight will probably be a better movie. Indy 4 will beat it out at the box office though.

definitely agree.

growing up i remember when The Last Crusade and Batman came out....ohhh what a year!!!

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    It's just Batman is the coolest mother fucker of all time. Yes, cooler than Indy.
  • Options
    id say batman just cause what lucas did with star wars after all those year in between. sadly i can see indy sucking(i sure hope thats not true) but i think at worst batman will be a decent movie.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    id say batman just cause what lucas did with star wars after all those year in between. sadly i can see indy sucking(i sure hope thats not true) but i think at worst batman will be a decent movie.

I am a massive star wars fan but oh man i hate what Lucas did with disastersodes 1, 2, & 3.

The Dark Knight is gonna be awesome. Heath Ledger as the joker is going to be bad ass. Can't Wait! :)
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Indy 4 will probably be the biggest grossing movie of next year. I think Dark Knight may be the better movie, but both will make lots of money and hopefully both will be very entertaining movies.
    Brian
  • Options
    Yeah but Lucus isn't directing.. Spielberg is directing!
  • Options
    having never seen Indiana Jones....and having seen every Batman movie....this isn't much of a decision for me
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    having never seen Indiana Jones....and having seen every Batman movie....this isn't much of a decision for me
    Oh geez, thats almost as bad as saying you've never seen Star Wars, or Back to the Future.. Indiana Jones has a much greater replay value than Batman. I saw Batman Begins once. GREAT movie, but I might only watch it again maybe one more time.. I've seen the Indy movies hundreds of times and will never get sick of them.
  • Options
    Oh geez, thats almost as bad as saying you've never seen Star Wars, or Back to the Future.. Indiana Jones has a much greater replay value than Batman. I saw Batman Begins once. GREAT movie, but I might only watch it again maybe one more time.. I've seen the Indy movies hundreds of times and will never get sick of them.

I've never seen Star Wars either. on the other hand, I could probably recite every word of Back to the Future from the beginning of the first one to the end of part three.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I've never seen Star Wars either. on the other hand, I could probably recite every word of Back to the Future from the beginning of the first one to the end of part three.
    You need to do some catching up. I don't think I've ever meet anyone who didn't see any of these movies. Even my dead grandparents have seen Star Wars.. And having a liking to Back to the Future, I don't think you'll be let down.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    no question
    for shure
    the dark night
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    only batman movie i cared about was the first one. bring on indy baby :D

*edit* clicked on that link above, and just hearing the music got me pumped, woohooo!
  • Options
    what about Rambo 4?
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    dark knight 100%

but i am really pulling for indy too... love the original 3
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    was there anywhere to go but up from the shit that was batman begins?
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    was there anywhere to go but up from the shit that was batman begins?

The hell? Begins was fucking awesome.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    what about Rambo 4?

JAN 25 BABY!!!!!

i dont think doing joker again was a great idea, nobody can top Nicholsons! i felt the preview was filled with a lot of one liner crap. i did like the last batman though.

where the preview is people at a party filming and something happens and the statue of libertys head rolls by and all hell is breaking loose? that one looks creepy!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    that would be "cloverfield"... looks like it could be fun?
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    TDK by far. I don't believe I have ever been so excited about a movie coming out before. The only thing that could top this is a "Arrested Development" movie.

Did the poster a few posts back "Batman Begins" confused with "Batman Forever"?
  • Options
    The hell? Begins was fucking awesome.

yea liam neeson as the bad guy?

katie holmes trying to act?

what a snooze fest
  • Options
    nope i didnt like batman begins it didnt hold a candle to batman
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    that would be "cloverfield"... looks like it could be fun?

Cloverfield tops the list for me. well, that and The Incredible Hulk.

the viral campaigns for Cloverfield are cool and any movie that isn't a remake is always a good thing....i hope.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks