The Xbox 360 Upcoming Game Thread

RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
edited September 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
With all the console bashing going on these days, I figure a positive thread about my favorite system's games (it's MY favorite system, I don't expect it to be everyone's) is in order!

First off, Lost Planet.
This game looks damn sweet. I downloaded the demo and it is quite impressive. A third person shooter made by Capcom, with sweet graphics and pretty darn good controls, it takes place on a world of ice covered with aliens and snow pirates (there are underground stages, and rumor has it you'll be getting deeper and deeper into the planet as you go along, but we'll see).
Due date: Early January '07

Assassin's Creed.
This game looks sweet. It's coming out for the PS3 as well (was supposed to be a PS3 exclusive, as were the new GTA and RE5) and looks very good, as good as the PS3 version if rumors are anything to take stock in. Takes place in the time of the Crusades, looks quite action packed and reminds me of Thief, which I loved.

Bioshock.
Got the trailer for this, looks good and weird. Haven't seen any gameplay, but it is supposed to 'redefine the shooter'....again. I don't really know what it is about, but my brother won't stop talking about it.

Forza Motorsport 2.
The first one absolutely sucked. I'm still kicking myself for getting it at full price. The cars, customization and tracks were all great, but the gameplay was 100% crap. If they fix their oh so realistic physics, this one will be worth playing.

And of course, there's Resident Evil 5 and GTA as previously mentioned, and Halo 3 and all that good stuff, Stranglehold, etc...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Assassin's Creed is going to the 360? Hot damn, I need one of those systems! :D

I really want a 360 for BioShock, Oblivion, Madden, RE5, and now, Assassin's Creed.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    DOSW wrote:
    Assassin's Creed is going to the 360? Hot damn, I need one of those systems! :D

I really want a 360 for BioShock, Oblivion, Madden, RE5, and now, Assassin's Creed.

You should be able to find a sweet deal on a 360 at this time of year. With the PS3 and Wii releases, Futureshop and some other stores up here have been doing crazy things with 360's.

I have Oblivion for PC, great game.
  • How about the "games of the last month or so" thread? Between F.E.A.R., Gears of War, COD3, and R6:Vegas, there's simply not enough hours in the day when you have a pretty busy schedule. But I'm playing as much as I can and simply love those games.

Throw in the fact that I'm a hardcore sports junkie who has to find time for the occasional game of NHL 2K7, NHL 07, NBA 2K7, CH2K7, and Madden, I'm pretty screwed...lol
    How about the "games of the last month or so" thread? Between F.E.A.R., Gears of War, COD3, and R6:Vegas, there's simply not enough hours in the day when you have a pretty busy schedule. But I'm playing as much as I can and simply love those games.

Throw in the fact that I'm a hardcore sports junkie who has to find time for the occasional game of NHL 2K7, NHL 07, NBA 2K7, CH2K7, and Madden, I'm pretty screwed...lol

Recently released games are good for discussion as well. I have FEAR for the PC, so I probably won't buy it for the 360 (although the demo was fun!). GoW is an absolutely amazing game, I've played that through on normal and insane so far, haven't done much for online.
    Vegas and COD3 are on my list (but I have a feeling COD3 isn't much different from 2, graphics and gameplay-wise, which I played the crap out of, broke a wireless controller over vet difficulty too, hehe).

Have you played much of NHL 2K7? I got the demo and it blew. I have played a good bit of NHL 07 though, that was good despite the unadjustable game speed.
  • Rygar wrote:
    Recently released games are good for discussion as well. I have FEAR for the PC, so I probably won't buy it for the 360 (although the demo was fun!). GoW is an absolutely amazing game, I've played that through on normal and insane so far, haven't done much for online.
    Vegas and COD3 are on my list (but I have a feeling COD3 isn't much different from 2, graphics and gameplay-wise, which I played the crap out of, broke a wireless controller over vet difficulty too, hehe).

Have you played much of NHL 2K7? I got the demo and it blew. I have played a good bit of NHL 07 though, that was good despite the unadjustable game speed.

Since I don't play PC games, FEAR was totally new to me and I really dig it. COD3 is basically "more of the same", but to me that's a good thing.

NHL 2K7 can be great with the proper tweaking, even though it doesn't look as nice as NHL 07.

Of the games you mentioned, I am looking forward to Lost Planet the most only because I've played it and I know it's coming out soon, whereas I have a feeling the others will be delayed before they see the light of day.
    Since I don't play PC games, FEAR was totally new to me and I really dig it. COD3 is basically "more of the same", but to me that's a good thing.

NHL 2K7 can be great with the proper tweaking, even though it doesn't look as nice as NHL 07.

Of the games you mentioned, I am looking forward to Lost Planet the most only because I've played it and I know it's coming out soon, whereas I have a feeling the others will be delayed before they see the light of day.

Don't get me wrong, FEAR is a great game. I just wouldn't pay to have it in two formats.
    I'd still buy COD3, it's just on the list for now is all :P
  • BubbaBirchBubbaBirch Posts: 1,977
    I kept my PS2 for the sports games. I dont like the look and the gameplay of Madden/NCAA football on the 360 so I took the games back and traded them in for the PS2 version.

Im waiting for a new racing game like maybe the F1 game Ive been seeing that looks amazing on the PS3 or maybe even Nascar since the PS2 version of Nascar sucks and the driving control is horrible for the past two years.
    Bubba wrote:
    I kept my PS2 for the sports games. I dont like the look and the gameplay of Madden/NCAA football on the 360 so I took the games back and traded them in for the PS2 version.

Im waiting for a new racing game like maybe the F1 game Ive been seeing that looks amazing on the PS3 or maybe even Nascar since the PS2 version of Nascar sucks and the driving control is horrible for the past two years.

Check out GTR for the 360, which is coming in March, I believe.
    It LOOKS very good, but we'll have to wait and see.
    edit: it is FIA racing.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i cant wait for Assassin's Creed
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • When did RE5 lose its exclusiveness to PS3?!. That game was one of the reasons why I wanted a PS3, looks like I wont need one now. Its a long shot I know but hopefully Metal Gear Soild 4 comes for 360 too.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
    When did RE5 lose its exclusiveness to PS3?!. That game was one of the reasons why I wanted a PS3, looks like I wont need one now. Its a long shot I know but hopefully Metal Gear Soild 4 comes for 360 too.

RE5, GTA4 and, a handful of other games all lost their exclusive PS3 releases due to 'Kaz Hirai's slowness to finalize deals' with developers, game sites are reporting.
    Hirai is prez and COO of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc.
    A few updates on the upcoming 360 games thread..
    Lost Planet - I grabbed this on release and it was pretty much the same as the demo. Some of the unique enemies are very interesting.
    All in all the game is quite good, but for one reason or another I don't spend a lot of time on it.
    Got the newly released GRAW 2, and while gameplay and quality of content look improved a fairbit on the first one, length looks rather disappointing and a buddy told me the ending was cheesy. Gameplay alone though makes it worth it.
    Also grabbed the Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth 2 game, which isn't a new release by any stretch of the imagination, but it's pretty fun besides crappy camera control.

Forza 2 is looking more and more like it'll be crappy.
    GTR was delayed until the fall, as was Sega Rally Revo.
    Oh, and where I said COD3 and Vegas were on my list, yeah, got em both and made short work of them. I'm average at best at multiplayer Vegas but I'm running away with things for COD3, just like 2 :P

I grabbed a, uh, copy of GTR 2 for the PC and I think the GTR for the 360 is just going to be a port for this one, which is fine because it runs pretty good. The races are going to be long and somewhat repetitive but you can save mid-race (for the PC anyway) and it works real good with my 360 controller.
    It even works good with the MS wheel thanks to the wireless adapter for the PC. If Forza 2 sucks this will help with a severe lack of decent racing games.
    I am also assuming that Sega Rally will be good. I hope they do a Rallisport for the 360..
  • lamperti77lamperti77 Posts: 365
    Rygar wrote:
    Got the newly released GRAW 2, and while gameplay and quality of content look improved a fairbit on the first one, length looks rather disappointing and a buddy told me the ending was cheesy. Gameplay alone though makes it worth it.

brother-in-law just picked this up and said the single player was short and thought the primary focus was on the multiplayer feature. He loves the live play though.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
    lamperti77 wrote:
    brother-in-law just picked this up and said the single player was short and thought the primary focus was on the multiplayer feature. He loves the live play though.

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet, but I think your brother in law is correct. The multiplayer is expanded, and there is a quick game achievement I saw on my friend's list that looks like there are single player quick games so that is another aspect I'll have to look at.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    whats the latest on halo 3 ?
    I BrisK I wrote:
    whats the latest on halo 3 ?

Still due for a November release I think. Nice trailers. Hopefully gameplay is improved.
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    looking foreward to virtua fighter 5 , and the new virtua tennis, and pgr 4 myself

forza 2 will be awsome, appeaently it supports multiple monitoirs (seen some you tube clips), so i might have to get another one.
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    Duff_Man wrote:
    looking foreward to virtua fighter 5 , and the new virtua tennis, and pgr 4 myself

forza 2 will be awsome, appeaently it supports multiple monitoirs (seen some you tube clips), so i might have to get another one.

I couldn't stand Forza 1, the game play was garbage. My buddy is obsessed with 2 even though it isn't out yet, and is trying to convince me that they're fixing this and that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

PGR is fun but gets old real fast.
  • Duff_ManDuff_Man Posts: 150
    Rygar wrote:
    I couldn't stand Forza 1, the game play was garbage. My buddy is obsessed with 2 even though it isn't out yet, and is trying to convince me that they're fixing this and that, but I'll believe it when I see it.

PGR is fun but gets old real fast.

i see what you mean with pgr, but i play on it a lot beacuse of xbox live,

forza is a lot like gran turismo, you complete it once and there is no replay value, unless they do some really good online modes, we'll have to wait and see i suppose
    We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    Duff_Man wrote:
    i see what you mean with pgr, but i play on it a lot beacuse of xbox live,

forza is a lot like gran turismo, you complete it once and there is no replay value, unless they do some really good online modes, we'll have to wait and see i suppose

I looooooved Gran Turismo. I've played 3 and 4 twice, each (currently playing 3 again, even with my 360 buzzing away). I found the gameplay way better in the GT series over Forza. The only thing Forza had going for it was car damage.

But yeah, we will have to wait and see. I didn't do much online PGR.
  • Guitar Hero 2 in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Did any of you play Mercenaries for the old xbox? That game fucking ruled! Anyways, I read that they are creating a second one for the 360! I can't wait!
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    I guess Bioshock, Mass Effect, Shivering isles and command and conquer 3 are the ones i'm looking forward to the most. If anyone hasn't got it yet GRAW 2 is great.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    i used to be like top 30 in the uk at halo 2 on xbox live at its peak
    PJPOWER wrote:
    Did any of you play Mercenaries for the old xbox? That game fucking ruled! Anyways, I read that they are creating a second one for the 360! I can't wait!

That one was indeed pretty fun. I don't think the new one is going to be on the 360, but I could be mistaken.
    Mass Effect looks avoidable, seeing as it is the exact same regurgitation of Knights of the Old Republic. Jade Empire was basically KOTOR3, so we'll see what hits stores first, actual KOTOR3, or Mass Effect :P
    I heard they fudged the package release they scheduled for half life 2 (I mean they took a bunch of games out of it...sigh)
  • While I am happily staying in the last generation for a while (MLB-The Show and GTA Vice City Stories will keep me busy for a while) I do admit I am starting to think the new systems look awesome.

I played MLB 2k7 for 360 at the store today and I think it looks a billion times better than 2k6 did. I thought the regular XBOX 2k6 looked better than the 360 version. I think they jumped a little to quickly into the new gen, but they are definitely flexing their muscles now.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Rygar wrote:
    That one was indeed pretty fun. I don't think the new one is going to be on the 360, but I could be mistaken.
    Mass Effect looks avoidable, seeing as it is the exact same regurgitation of Knights of the Old Republic. Jade Empire was basically KOTOR3, so we'll see what hits stores first, actual KOTOR3, or Mass Effect :P
    I heard they fudged the package release they scheduled for half life 2 (I mean they took a bunch of games out of it...sigh)
    Yes, definitely going to be on XBOX 360 :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/766/766680p1.html
    PJPOWER wrote:
    Yes, definitely going to be on XBOX 360 :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/766/766680p1.html

I stand corrected, thanks for the link!
  • faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    have any of you watched the video download for battlefield: bad company ? pretty humorous, interested to see what the gameplay will be like. the ingame engine looks sick!

i just picked up lost planet but havent played it much due to my current god of war II addiction.

also curious about that new star wars game they're working on, i think its called "the force unleashed"? looks like a great concept with great graphics, again, wonder about gameplay.
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08