London Crew Baby :D

Comments

• surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Irish Al wrote:
    Right I'm gonna own up.....my current guilty pleasure
    Nelly Furtardo's new tune....I feckin love it :o

I would feel guilty too if I liked that shite :rolleyes:
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    meme wrote:
    You guys are awesome! Booked the hotel for 49 pounds. I trust it's not toooooo much of a rat infested hole :D

Anyway, is anyone staying there by chance also going to see Muse the night before?

Cool, well done.

It looks alright and most of the reviews say good things.

No muse for me, sorry but they suck :p
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    meme wrote:
    You guys are awesome! Booked the hotel for 49 pounds. I trust it's not toooooo much of a rat infested hole :D

Anyway, is anyone staying there by chance also going to see Muse the night before?

its ok.. i've stayed at it before and its fit for purpose :)

i'll be there sunday night but not at Muse... i'm going oot drinking!! yummy!! :):)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    dunkman wrote:
    its ok.. i've stayed at it before and its fit for purpose :)

i'll be there sunday night but not at Muse... i'm going oot drinking!! yummy!! :):)

Someone talk me out of this Muse thing please... I don't even have a ticket :p
    Any of you going to Venice?
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    meme wrote:
    Someone talk me out of this Muse thing please... I don't even have a ticket :p
    Any of you going to Venice?

Muse have a great live show, and Wembley will be massive for them. I have heard that they are going to go all out, could be worth going but i am not.

Venice on the other hand, i am going to. Friday and Saturday, with a good chance for the thursday as well, but just for Maiden, gotta love the free ticket through work
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
    Muse have a great live show, and Wembley will be massive for them. I have heard that they are going to go all out, could be worth going but i am not.

Venice on the other hand, i am going to. Friday and Saturday, with a good chance for the thursday as well, but just for Maiden, gotta love the free ticket through work

I am really torn. I don't have my Venice ticket yet. I am not sure I can do all three.
  • BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    meme wrote:

I'm going to Muse the night before!!
    meme, I did not know you were going to be in London!! Cool!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
    Buru wrote:
    I'm going to Muse the night before!!
    meme, I did not know you were going to be in London!! Cool!!

You are?!

Are you staying at the Travelodge, too?
    meme wrote:
    You are?!

Are you staying at the Travelodge, too?

No, I'm staying at my aunt's place
    so somehow I have to get there after the shows :p
    (she lives close to Notting Hill Gate)
    Buru wrote:

Oh nice!

If I decide not to go you'll have to tell me all about it :)
  • meme wrote:

I'd like to, but I can't find any tickets. What hotel are you staying in, I haven't even booked one yet. :o
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Buru wrote:

nice!
    i used to live in notting hill gate...good times!
    :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

nice!
    i used to live in notting hill gate...good times!
    :cool:

fancy that! Lovely place :cool:
    dreamn, we will be partying together in a few months!!
    Cooooooooooool

Are you going to see Peter Gabriel, the 23rd june at Hyde park Calling?
    I am!! :D
  • ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Just a quick note, it may be old news but I haven't time to check as I gotta rush out this morning. Anyway (hello by the way haven't posted for an age!) Chris Cornell has been confirmed as playing Hyde Park on the 24th June, so the chances of him being in london the same time as Pearl Jam are very good if you get what I'm saying. I will literally wet my pants!!!!!!
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    eMMI wrote:
    haha. fair enough.

but now you've got me all intrigued. :o

a duet? slow? fast? tell me!! :p

Say it Right is the name of the song
    I would feel guilty too if I liked that shite :rolleyes:

Ah kiss my 60's nipples :p
    I need a coffee!
  • yorkieyorkie Posts: 32
    If anyone is travelling north to south and back again on the train the cheap advance tickets are now available for June 18th/19th. I got 2 singles for £21.30 (York to London on GNER) travelling down on Monday and home on Tuesday. I haven't checked other routes and train companies but now is the time to look if you want cheap fares. I got mine from

http://www.thetrainline.com

See you at Wembley!!!! :D
    Wembley 96 ~ Dublin 00 ~ Manchester 00 ~ Leeds 06 ~ Wembley 07 ~ Manchester 09 oh yes!
    yorkie wrote:
    If anyone is travelling north to south and back again on the train the cheap advance tickets are now available for June 18th/19th. I got 2 singles for £21.30 (York to London on GNER) travelling down on Monday and home on Tuesday. I haven't checked other routes and train companies but now is the time to look if you want cheap fares. I got mine from

http://www.thetrainline.com

See you at Wembley!!!! :D

not that it matters now dude, but GNER is offering 10% web discount and has no credit card fees.. could have saved all of £4.80 that way ;)

i just booked mine as well!!!! :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    I'd like to, but I can't find any tickets. What hotel are you staying in, I haven't even booked one yet. :o

The Travelodge thingy they talked about a couple of pages back.
    49 pounds for the night!
    dunkman wrote:
    not that it matters now dude, but GNER is offering 10% web discount and has no credit card fees.. could have saved all of £4.80 that way ;)

i just booked mine as well!!!! :cool:

I didn't pay a credit card fee so only would have saved £2.13 :o O well - live and learn!
    Wembley 96 ~ Dublin 00 ~ Manchester 00 ~ Leeds 06 ~ Wembley 07 ~ Manchester 09 oh yes!
    yorkie wrote:
    I didn't pay a credit card fee so only would have saved £2.13 :o O well - live and learn!

just think £2.13 could have bought you a half pint perhaps :p

• mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119

Or 3 1/2 yorkies :D
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

depends on where you go, some places you can get a pint for that at happy hour
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!

Yeah for happy hours :D

i went to this pub just off Shaftesbury Avenue where the price of a pint was £1.80 max... it was a Samuel Smiths own brewery pub and that was their standard price!!! :):):):)
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Irish Al wrote:
    Say it Right is the name of the song

ahh, nice! :D I like that song a lot meself!! :)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    dunkman wrote:
    i went to this pub just off Shaftesbury Avenue where the price of a pint was £1.80 max... it was a Samuel Smiths own brewery pub and that was their standard price!!! :):):):)

yeah, the Sam Smith's pubs are all relatively cheap because they stock a non-standard range of draught beers. some of it's quite good but it's all a bit disconcerting when you go to the bar and there're all these weird names on the taps...!

or is it just me being easily confused ? (no comments V!!!)
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
    I just booked a room at the Farringdon too so now I'm well sorted. Party in the bar after the show anyone? :D
  • Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    meme wrote:

I'm staying there too :) don't bother with muse... drink with us instead the Sunday night ;)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • belfast1belfast1 Posts: 788
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Just a quick note, it may be old news but I haven't time to check as I gotta rush out this morning. Anyway (hello by the way haven't posted for an age!) Chris Cornell has been confirmed as playing Hyde Park on the 24th June, so the chances of him being in london the same time as Pearl Jam are very good if you get what I'm saying. I will literally wet my pants!!!!!!

fucking get in

A.Smith and Cornell on the same bill - yeehar
    dublin 1996 london 2000 dublin 2006 prague 2006 copenhagen 2007 london 2007 rotterdam 2009 london 2009 dublin 2010 belfast 2010 vienna 2014 amsterdam 2014 london 2018
    belfast1 wrote:
    fucking get in

A.Smith and Cornell on the same bill - yeehar

Yeah I'm well exited about that, i already had my ticket before Cornell was anounced. What a bonus :D