Anyone see the Tom Petty Doc. "Running Down a Dream"?

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited November 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Really, really good. Even if you are not a fan of the music, you will become one after watching it. Vedder makes an apperance also.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• No one saw this? Pitty.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,473
    No one saw this? Pitty.

The Jeagler did.....and he loved it! AWESOME DVD!!! Plus it was on hbo or starz or something right around when i saw him in concert back in june. watched it multiple times. good stuff.
    www.myspace.com
  • A friend gave it to me for my birthday last year. It is great....I watched the entire documentary straight through (little over 4 hours isn't it?) and never got bored. I think it would turn a so-so fan into a big fan, really well done
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • The Jeagler did.....and he loved it!quote]
    Who are you that guy from seinfeld....Jimmy? LOL
    Jimmy likes this....Jimmy likes that..Hahahaha :)
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • A friend gave it to me for my birthday last year. It is great....I watched the entire documentary straight through (little over 4 hours isn't it?) and never got bored. I think it would turn a so-so fan into a big fan, really well done
    Yea, its was long but really good.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Isnt it like 4 hours long?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • petrocs wrote:
    Yea but its great all the way threw.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381
    It's a great docu.... I'm really irritated that there is a new, longer release of it.
  • petrocs wrote:
    Like AG said and I said before it doesn't seem that long once you start watching. I could not stop even though I had other shit I needed to be doing that day

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Like AG said and I said before it doesn't seem that long once you start watching. I could not stop even though I had other shit I needed to be doing that day
    LOL
    For me its like the Godfather. If you happen to find it on TV, the rest of your day is shot. You will be glued.
    It just came out on DVD 25 bucks, not bad
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Never saw it! I'm in the process of looking for The Last Waltz at the mo... saw it in Oslo and it blew everybody away... think we're all buying it now :D
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Never saw it! I'm in the process of looking for The Last Waltz at the mo... saw it in Oslo and it blew everybody away... think we're all buying it now :D
    Don't know that one. I gotta look it up. Who is it about?
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
    Yea but its great all the way threw.

I'll have to track it down...is it on DVD?
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • petrocs wrote:
    I'll have to track it down...is it on DVD?
    Yea, just came out a few days ago.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Don't know that one. I gotta look it up. Who is it about?
    The Band

It was their last concert directed by Martin Scorsese... and features people like Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell... this is my absolute favourite track:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AKl9ZmS0NmQ

FANTASTIC :)

watch right through to the end... makes me wanna cry!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • Don't know that one. I gotta look it up. Who is it about?
    It's about The Band and their final concert. It has documentary footage in between performances, which include appearances by Joni Mitchell, Dr. John, Neil Diamond, Clapton, Neil Young and Bob Dylan, as well as Ronnie Hawkins who they started out with.
    It is the best concert/documentary ever....hands down. Runnin' Down a Dream is up there though

• Here's my other favourite from it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=BLjNjSpZxzg&NR=1
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
  • The Band

It was their last concert directed by Martin Scorsese... and features people like Bob Dylan, Neil Young and Joni Mitchell... this is my absolute favourite track:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AKl9ZmS0NmQ

FANTASTIC :)

watch right through to the end... makes me wanna cry!
    One of the greatest moments in music history right there

• TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,381

It came out last year through BB as a 4 disc set. The one just released was a 6 disc set (so I've heard).

well then...I'll have to make a blockbuster run tonight
    Shows:
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Really, really good. Even if you are not a fan of the music, you will become one after watching it. Vedder makes an apperance also.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

I liked it too.

I watched this last week. I especially liked the first disc with the early European TV appearances and how they began.

They got in a car and drove out to LA and started knocking on doors!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    hmmmm... i'm gonna have to check this out
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Trailer wrote:
    hmmmm... i'm gonna have to check this out

It's great you will like it. :)

I own it also.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I have it, watched it a couple times. I am one of the biggest Petty fans on this forum I believe.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • I have it, watched it a couple times. I am one of the biggest Petty fans on this forum I believe.

I like Petty also just not when he has PJ open up for him. lol
  • go prego pre Posts: 662
    watching this right now. i'm a little more than half way through, and i don't want to stop watching, but i really should be getting to sleep. i'm gonna have a 2-year-old waking me up in about 6 hours.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.