Options

Please don't Litter!

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited September 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
How could someone litter in this day and age?
What the fuck is the matter with people. This morning I am driving and the guy in front of me throws his trash out his window! WTF? Who does that?
My fathers warehouse is in a bad neighborhood and I see people there just throw their trash on the ground all day long.
I just don't get it. Lazy fucking people.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smokers = litterers
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    Agreed!
    I don't even contemplate doing it. Like it seriously doesn't even cross my mind. It's not that hard to walk to a trash can :eek:

Yaaay earth! :D
  • Options
    I can't even imagine littering. So feckin' low class.

Also people that litter into the ocean??? WTF is that about?
  • Options
    emily18 wrote:
    Agreed!
    I don't even contemplate doing it. Like it seriously doesn't even cross my mind. It's not that hard to walk to a trash can :eek:

Exactly. It does not even cross my mind to do it! What goes threw people heads??
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    smokers = litterers

wow, i was just going to bring this up. it really pissed me off that they get away with this.

i guess size, or lack thereof, does matter when it comes to littering.

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    I think 10% of the population is human garbage.

sad but true...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options

Tell me about it! I live in Jersey and last weekend we had the news covering all the medical waste that has been washing up on the shore. That means some doctors office is throwing their trash in the ocean.
    Man that is so bad.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    catch22catch22 Posts: 1,081
    smokers = litterers

not all of them. i've carried butts for several blocks in order to make sure they get tossed in a can.
    and like that... he's gone.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    catch22 wrote:
    not all of them. i've carried butts for several blocks in order to make sure they get tossed in a can.

so many euphemisms in that post i dont know where to begin.

anyhoo.. you're in the minority... most smokers treat the streets like they treat their lungs.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    I think 10% of the population is human garbage.

sad but true...

Increase that to about 90% and I'll agree with you.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    KannKann Posts: 1,146
    dunkman wrote:
    so many euphemisms in that post i dont know where to begin.

anyhoo.. you're in the minority... most smokers treat the streets like they treat their lungs.
    That would be innuendos, but I agree, that post begs to be quoted
    I think smokers who throw their butts in the streets don't have much concern for littering with regular garbage as well. As a smoker I can't put my head around disposing properly of all of my garbage except my cigarettes.
  • Options
    JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    smokers = litterers

Um no, not all of them. I am not now, nor have I ever been a litterer and I smoke. My butts and ash are always put in an ashtray or a rubbish bin.
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Options
    smokers = litterers

HEY NOW!! Not of us .... ahem smokers were litterersrers... I can tell you how many stinky fiberglass tar infested "butts" Ive had in my pockets over the years til I got them to a garbage can.... ICK!
  • Options

Just dont get me started on that subject... people need to learn to reduce, reuse, recycle!!!
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    littering really grinds my gears, as does public spitting, get a fucking clue you disgusting little creature.

signed,
    proud recipient of the 1984, regional tidy kiwi award :D
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    1-866-litter1

to be used on litterbugs and californians.
    and mean people.
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    What's even worse is when litter hits your car when you're driving. I was on the highway the other day and this jerk threw a full can of pop out of his window and into oncoming traffic. I hate that!
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    its gross
    i hate it!!
    the worst is the cafeteria at my school- so luch crap, thrown on the floor. its absolutely disgusting!!
  • Options
    emily18 wrote:
    Agreed!

I really can't stand littering. As a little kid, those commercials with the Indian in the 60's really got to me. :D

If these people litter outside, imagine what they do in their houses. They are probably not any better.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    How could someone litter in this day and age?
    What the fuck is the matter with people. This morning I am driving and the guy in front of me throws his trash out his window! WTF? Who does that?
    My fathers warehouse is in a bad neighborhood and I see people there just throw their trash on the ground all day long.
    I just don't get it. Lazy fucking people.

Great point to bring up here. I travel the Baltimore-Washington Parkway everyday to work. Let me tell you I can't believe how littered the that Parkway gets. It's not accidental trash thrown out it's done on purpose. I gather the people that do this day in and out know that because it's a parkway it's going to be cleaned once a month.

When they do clean the parkway it's dozens and dozens of trash bags lines the parkway when they do clean up. Sadly it only stays beautiful for about a week. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Increase that to about 90% and I'll agree with you.

Amen. All the world's problems are created by ignorant people.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    We need to charge deposits on bottles and cans-people wouldn't be so quick to throw them on the ground and other people might be motivated to pick them up.
  • Options
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    Jammin909 wrote:

Man I love the sanctity of trees but this was a bit over the top. :) So I'll dedicate this song to them called THE TREES by Rush.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    well said.
    i hate litterers.
    i like telling them off too.

one time i told a guy about my age, "what? your garbage too heavy for you to carry to the bin tough guy?"
    fuck people piss me off.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • Options
    PISSES me off too

on a related issue, South Australia is now offering 10c a can/bottle for recycling

excellent
    wah
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,722
    edited November 2022
    My wife and I went to The American River for our walk today and the first thing I saw was a pile of orange peals thrown on the ground at the edge of the small parking lot and some in the weeds along the side.  I made some comment to my wife about people not realizing this is littering.  She told me that it wasn't until several years ago that she me me that she hadn't known that.  Now she knows better- it take orange peels take a long time to break down (as much as two years).  The same is true for other types of so-called "natural trash" like banana peels, nut and seed shells, even (to a lesser extent) apple cores.  And these things are frequently tossed on the ground in places where they are not native.
    Pure and simple, this is littering.  Please, pack it out.  Thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.