Options

my streak continues

deadhead321deadhead321 Posts: 66
edited June 2008 in The Porch
my streak of getting amazing seats despite not being a 10c member continues!

it started at Philly 05, where I was about 15 rows off back end of stage.

continued here and there at various shows, but last night was my greatest accomplishment.

i took full advantage of lackluster MSG ushers/security, and found my self comfortably in section 61, 5 rows off of the back/side stage (stage right if looking at stage) directly over the tunnel where the band entered/exited.

the sound was amazing, and anybody sitting in the lower bowl will tell you....the arena was literally rocking up and down. there were times where i simply stood still and soaked up the magic.

amazing show many highlights
Bonnaroo -- 2008
MSG II -- 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    my streak of getting amazing seats despite not being a 10c member continues!

it started at Philly 05, where I was about 15 rows off back end of stage.

continued here and there at various shows, but last night was my greatest accomplishment.

i took full advantage of lackluster MSG ushers/security, and found my self comfortably in section 61, 5 rows off of the back/side stage (stage right if looking at stage) directly over the tunnel where the band entered/exited.

the sound was amazing, and anybody sitting in the lower bowl will tell you....the arena was literally rocking up and down. there were times where i simply stood still and soaked up the magic.

amazing show many highlights

I hate dudes who squat in others peoples seats. Happy you got away with it, but it is pretty annoying. Maybe I am reading your post wrong and that isn't how you ended up there, but it sucks. Also sucks when a bunch of people try and cram into your row.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013
    mjb wrote:
    I hate dudes who squat in others peoples seats. Happy you got away with it, but it is pretty annoying. Maybe I am reading your post wrong and that isn't how you ended up there, but it sucks. Also sucks when a bunch of people try and cram into your row.
    I agree- that is messed up. Same shit happened to me in WPB and Columbia. Both times the seats were open and you could tell that it wasn't their seats. In WPB though, they were booted about half-way through when the owners showed. On a side note, how can one show up late to a PJ show- 16 rows back, dead center
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    mjb wrote:

That's how I read it as well. I really don't mind too much the people who
    can find an empty seat and lay claim to it, all the more power to them
    for that.
    What I can't stand is the low lifes that cram into your space when there
    is clearly no room.

I paid for my seat - all the seats in my row, behind me and in front of me
    are occupied so what gives you the right to think you can drag your
    pretentious ass down to where I am and get so close to me that i can
    smell your breath, which usually has the stench of cheap alcohol on it.
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    I'll share one quick story - LA1 on the eV solo tour. I am sitting 7th row center section on the aisle and two drunken douches trip their way down to the floor during Liam's set. It was obvious to everyone around us that they were looking for somewhere to sit/squat. They moved about 9 times until settling in behind me. To the right of the floor was a small "open" section which was for wheelchairs, etc. All of a sudden, I sense some shit going down behind me and see these two guys pull out a knife and cut the plastic ties connecting the seats. They proceed to carry their two seats over to the wheelchair area and set up their own private living room. They peel the seat numbers off the back of the chairs and continue watching the show. WTF?! No one says shit to them. A few mins later, the people who have tickets to those seats show up to find NO SEATS! They were totally cool about it (which I probably would not have been) and alerted the ushers who scrambled to find replacements. Anyhow, the idiots who stole the seats can't sit still, they start moving the chairs around to different vantage points on the floor. FINALLY security decides to ask to see their tickets and I see the usher pointing up to the balcony while the frat boys make the obligatory "confused face" (as though they inadvertently though they had a ticket which allowed them to roam around the floor with a folding chair until they found a spot which suited their tastes). I then saw them try to sneak back down at least 10 times - simply buddying up beside me on the aisle and trying to push me in. The point is that I am amazed at the level at which people can conduct themselves as such complete and utter assholes. I am not saying this poster did anything close to that ridiculous, but unless the show is well underway, be mindful of the fact that no one wants to arrive at their seats to find someone sitting in them purposefully. Also, arenas and seats are already designed to squeeze the maximum no. of our fat asses into a small confined space - don't make it worse.
  • Options
    i was ready to move if the seat owners were to show up, but they never did.

yes i took advantage of the situation. especially the ushers/security who were just not doing there job. i breezed through the entrance to the lower concourse without anybody even looking at my ticket.

it wasnt my plan all along, but once i got into the concourse with ease i tried to push my luck. it just so happens there were also no ushers in the section where i chose to sit.
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    lluukkiinnlluukkiinn Posts: 93
    You should still join 10c, so you know the secret handshake to get you backstage.
    denver 7/2/06 & 7/3/06, chicago 8/5/07
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    Where I was sitting there were 7 people for 5 seats on one side and 8 people for 6 seats in front of me.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    If it were me... and I had shitty seats... I may do it to. But if I said it here. I would expect to get flamed.
    tacos
  • Options
    i'd hardly call this a flaming
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013

yes i took advantage of the situation. especially the ushers/security who were just not doing there job.

hahahahahaha
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    If he could sneak to an empty seat... thats not so bad.

What sucks is (as was stated) when people cram a bunch of people into one or 2 seats. For one of the VFC shows in Boston I had 2 extra tickets next to me. Gave them away for free outside. I had decent seats sidestage too.

So people arrive... about 6 people for the 2 seats as the lights go down and PJ gets on. They box me out, someone has the nerve to try to tell me Im in the wrong seat... Just total scum.
  • Options
    svenstephysvenstephy Posts: 182
    i always say something to ppl cramming into seats. i don't care if they get annoyed at me. i'm small and i ALWAYS get stuck between big guys who want their bigger friends in their seats.

i just tell them i dont' care if they are here, i'm just not moving for them and if they're gonna be dicks about it all night, i got no problem getting security.

most of the time i get stared at for actually saying something and the extra body inevitably moves after a few "can you move down PLEASE"s.

i've stubbed people into my section in my life time, but again, i'm small, and i've always made sure we stood in front of each other so we were really only taking 1 seat. now i don't even know if i'd do it b/c i hate it so much.

but if the seat's empty, and you can sit there, then go for it. i bet some of you complainers have sat in other ppls seats in baseball games. if the owners come, you just move. it's no sweat off anyone's back. i don't see the big deal.
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    yeah, im kind of smaller too. Its just they all came in right when Pearl Jam hit the stage so it was loud and chaotic. I could hardly hear the guy who said I was in the wrong seat. I didnt want to miss the show trying to get security to do something, piss these people off next to me, etc. I thought I did a nice thing giving away 2 tickets, but it bit me in the ass. I spent pretty much the whole show sideways crammed between people.

With that said, lesson learned. if that happens again, I am getting security.
  • Options
    Vedderman51Vedderman51 Posts: 606
    mjb wrote:
    I'll share one quick story - LA1 on the eV solo tour. I am sitting 7th row center section on the aisle and two drunken douches trip their way down to the floor during Liam's set. It was obvious to everyone around us that they were looking for somewhere to sit/squat. They moved about 9 times until settling in behind me. To the right of the floor was a small "open" section which was for wheelchairs, etc. All of a sudden, I sense some shit going down behind me and see these two guys pull out a knife and cut the plastic ties connecting the seats. They proceed to carry their two seats over to the wheelchair area and set up their own private living room. They peel the seat numbers off the back of the chairs and continue watching the show. WTF?! No one says shit to them. A few mins later, the people who have tickets to those seats show up to find NO SEATS! They were totally cool about it (which I probably would not have been) and alerted the ushers who scrambled to find replacements. Anyhow, the idiots who stole the seats can't sit still, they start moving the chairs around to different vantage points on the floor. FINALLY security decides to ask to see their tickets and I see the usher pointing up to the balcony while the frat boys make the obligatory "confused face" (as though they inadvertently though they had a ticket which allowed them to roam around the floor with a folding chair until they found a spot which suited their tastes). I then saw them try to sneak back down at least 10 times - simply buddying up beside me on the aisle and trying to push me in. The point is that I am amazed at the level at which people can conduct themselves as such complete and utter assholes. I am not saying this poster did anything close to that ridiculous, but unless the show is well underway, be mindful of the fact that no one wants to arrive at their seats to find someone sitting in them purposefully. Also, arenas and seats are already designed to squeeze the maximum no. of our fat asses into a small confined space - don't make it worse.

Dude! I can totally vouch for this story. I was sitting 5th row center and saw this whole thing go down. A similar story on night two, I had about the same seats as night 1. There was a vacant seat next to me. This guy sneeks up during Liams set from the upper bowl and just plops down next me. It really didn't bother me too much until he started yelling stupid shit during Eddie's speeches.
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    i was ready to move if the seat owners were to show up, but they never did.

yes i took advantage of the situation. especially the ushers/security who were just not doing there job. i breezed through the entrance to the lower concourse without anybody even looking at my ticket.

it wasnt my plan all along, but once i got into the concourse with ease i tried to push my luck. it just so happens there were also no ushers in the section where i chose to sit.

my (363xxx) and my friend (163xxx) got screwed in Night 1 with sec 70 last row so we went down to sec 69 first row right by soundboard/railing to enjoy the view. we found out that those seats were never sold since the railing is a hazard but we stayed behind it and rocked out

its one thing to try and sit in vip seats or floor seats but i say stand where you want until ur asked to move or unless u become a drunk asshole
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I noticed a few empty 10C seats at both MSG and camden
    the no transfer rule in effect.

as long as the person is cool about it and moves along when confronted I dont care if you try to upgrade your spot.

be a dick about it and I will sick security on you or even a state trooper-those pockets better be empty jagoff
  • Options
    my (363xxx) and my friend (163xxx) got screwed in Night 1 with sec 70 last row so we went down to sec 69 first row right by soundboard/railing to enjoy the view. we found out that those seats were never sold since the railing is a hazard but we stayed behind it and rocked out

oh ok, that makes sense.

im preety sure there were others in the row doing the same as my companion and I
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008