Options

Funny "Brownie" Story

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
The thread on the Dead in the Porch reminded me of this story.

Years ago when I was in my early twenties my friends were making pot brownies. They called me on the phone, I told them to save me some.
A while later I got there and they were gone. I was pissed! There they were all laying around stoned aout there minds not caring that they ate them.
So I go over to the pan, grab a knife and scrap off the hard burnt crunchy pieces from the bottom of the pan. I eat it all up.........
Well, to make them right you need to saute the weed in the butter first in the bottom of the pan then mix it in the batter. Well what I ate was pure Concentrated strong ass brownie from the bottom!!

Hooooooly Shit.........I was so high I thought I really was gonna loose my mind.
Brownies are different then smoking b/c it makes your whole body high from the inside out.
I could not do anything but lay on the bed and wimper like a baby. Hahahaha
So, the lesson today is, get a piece from the top of the batch not the bottom.
LOL

My friends still tell this story how I called them from home freaking out.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    maybe they'll throw in the 'proper' recipe for pot brownies in the next issue of DEEP.

:D
  • Options
    how does eating something have the same effect as smoking it? obviously i have heard of the brownies before, but if you ate a cigarette, would you still fill your nicotine craving and whatnot? smoking = eating ?
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    how does eating something have the same effect as smoking it? obviously i have heard of the brownies before, but if you ate a cigarette, would you still fill your nicotine craving and whatnot? smoking = eating ?

I am not sure of the reason why but all I can tell you is that it is way more powerful.

Not sure if you just eat it plain.....but cooking it like that, look out.
    I am sure their are people in here who know what I am talking about.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options

When you eat it you get 100% of it. You have to heat process the herb to release the THC in the oils (resin) which then collects and combines into butter which you add to it. Then you cook with it like any butter. It's called Cannabutter.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    When you eat it you get 100% of it. You have to heat process the herb to release the THC in the oils (resin) which then collects and combines into butter which you add to it. Then you cook with it like any butter. It's called Cannabutter.

I knew someone would have the answer. LOL
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Probably if you cooked up the tobacco in butter before you at it!
    My girlfriend came home once after we made some REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY strong brownies, we were all sitting outside, she walked in and saw brownies, at a HUGE one, and FREAKED OUT! She was not a smoker!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    Probably if you cooked up the tobacco in butter before you at it!
    My girlfriend came home once after we made some REAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY strong brownies, we were all sitting outside, she walked in and saw brownies, at a HUGE one, and FREAKED OUT! She was not a smoker!

Soaring...ear ringing...I find the buzz lasts a lot longer as well in and around the 3 to 4+ hours range.

back in the day.... :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Soaring...ear ringing...I find the buzz lasts a lot longer as well in and around the 3 to 4+ hours range.

hell yea, it lasts a really long time. I remember thinking it would never end. LOL as I think about it.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026

this is true. I'm not a big smoker but on occasion............anyway, we traveled from Amsterdam to Belgium last summer and happened to have some SPACECAKE in our van from Amsterdam. I was starving and ate the whole muffin (spacecake). I was done for, for about ohhhh..........8 hours. I past out on the front row rail at ROCK WERCHTER. Passed the eff out.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    this is true. I'm not a big smoker but on occasion............anyway, we traveled from Amsterdam to Belgium last summer and happened to have some SPACECAKE in our van from Amsterdam. I was starving and ate the whole muffin (spacecake). I was done for, for about ohhhh..........8 hours. I past out on the front row rail at ROCK WERCHTER. Passed the eff out.

Passed the eff out.[/quote]
    Funny as hell
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    The thread on the Dead in the Porch reminded me of this story.

Years ago when I was in my early twenties my friends were making pot brownies. They called me on the phone, I told them to save me some.
    A while later I got there and they were gone. I was pissed! There they were all laying around stoned aout there minds not caring that they ate them.
    So I go over to the pan, grab a knife and scrap off the hard burnt crunchy pieces from the bottom of the pan. I eat it all up.........
    Well, to make them right you need to saute the weed in the butter first in the bottom of the pan then mix it in the batter. Well what I ate was pure Concentrated strong ass brownie from the bottom!!

Hooooooly Shit.........I was so high I thought I really was gonna loose my mind.
    Brownies are different then smoking b/c it makes your whole body high from the inside out.
    I could not do anything but lay on the bed and wimper like a baby. Hahahaha
    So, the lesson today is, get a piece from the top of the batch not the bottom.
    LOL

My friends still tell this story how I called them from home freaking out.

This may be a long shot.....
    but, do you know or even remember how much weed to put in the butter and how long i need to saute it? And also do i use the same amount of butter the recipe calls for or do i double it? I so much want to start eating it instead of smoking it. My lungs don't like it!!
    Any info would be helpful!
    Funny story btw!
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:

I was was going to say 6 hours (or longer) I kinda remember it more like 6+ hours. Hard to tell when you have 2 pans of them and you keep snacking on them :D

I even remember going to sleep for a while waking up still really baked. Totally different scenario those brownies are :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    that episode from That 70's Show where the parents eat the pot brownies was hilarious :D
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    This may be a long shot.....
    but, do you know or even remember how much weed to put in the butter and how long i need to saute it? And also do i use the same amount of butter the recipe calls for or do i double it? I so much want to start eating it instead of smoking it. My lungs don't like it!!
    Any info would be helpful!
    Funny story btw!

http://www.puffmama.ca/recipes/c-recipes.html

Go with the water method. I find it's too easy to ruin it (overheat) with the frying pan method.

happy trails....hehe

edit: almost forgot. Get some rubber gloves and really squeeze out the mash well a few times with your hands in hot water to get all the oils out. collect and add that to your main mix for cooling and separation.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    http://www.puffmama.ca/recipes/c-recipes.html

Go with the water method. I find it's too easy to ruin it (overheat) with the frying pan method.

happy trails....hehe

edit: almost forgot. Get some rubber gloves and really squeeze out the mash well a few times with your hands in hot water to get all the oils out. collect and add that to your main mix for cooling and separation.

hahahahahaha!
    Oh man he is in for it hahahahahahaha!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    hahahahahaha!
    Oh man he is in for it hahahahahahaha!

On second thought...I should have maybe asked for a signed disclaimer before providing that information hehe :D

Off we go into the wild blue yonder
    Climbing high into the sun! :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I've done it a few times in my day.
    One time I got so freakin' messed up I couldn't even talk. I was at work (at that time in college I worked at a Chrysler plant and basically drove cars off of the assembly line and put them on trains, trucks, etc...good money) and a buddy gave me two brownies. I'm thinking "oh big deal". About 30 minutes later it hit me like a ton of bricks! I finished up the night not saying a word to anyone (because I couldn't LOL) went home, passed out, and was high the entire next day! I was basically high for 24 hours straight!
    It would have been awesome to do elsewhere...but NOT at work!
  • Options
    http://www.puffmama.ca/recipes/cookbook-cover.gif

I like the part "what to do if you get too stoned"

*howl* :D

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")