Options

Mediocore Ed Solo Review

deadhead321deadhead321 Posts: 66
edited May 2008 in The Porch
a while ago someone was asking for any negative reviews for Ed's Solo Tour.
The following is from the final show of the tour in San Diego.

----For nearly two and a half hours, Vedder's baritone vocals reminded the capacity audience why they dig this famous frontman from that Seattle band. His guitar playing showed remarkable range for a guy mainly known for his vocals, employing acoustic and electric guitars, as well as the mandolin. However, overall his songwriting seemed to lack a certain depth. Yes, he did play the obvious solo hits "Society," "Rise" and "Hard Sun," which were pretty cool even if you have heard them a thousand times on the radio. But, other originals didn't really grab your balls. They just laid flat, existing rather than impressing.----

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/13665/Eddie-Vedder-04.16.08-San-Diego
Bonnaroo -- 2008
MSG II -- 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NYbenbenNYbenben Posts: 1,020
    this guy needs a set of balls...I saw two shows in LA and it hit the spot... it was NOT a Pearl Jam show... it was an accoustic show that rocked!!
    ok... so you got to see a couple of songs that are obscure... so what... made it all the more interesting.
    4/12/92, 8/11/92, 9/28/96, 9/11/98, 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 7/9/03, 4/30/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 12/9/05, 5/12/06, 5/17/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 12/9/06, EV LA 4/12-4/13/08, 6/12/08, 6,19,08, 6,20,08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 7/1/08

and still jonesing for another show....
    "the waiting drove me mad..."
  • Options
    drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    I do love it when songs grab my balls.
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Hard to care anything about some moron talking about ball grabbing music. Just what does grab his balls? curious

a while ago someone was asking for any negative reviews for Ed's Solo Tour.
    The following is from the final show of the tour in San Diego.

----For nearly two and a half hours, Vedder's baritone vocals reminded the capacity audience why they dig this famous frontman from that Seattle band. His guitar playing showed remarkable range for a guy mainly known for his vocals, employing acoustic and electric guitars, as well as the mandolin. However, overall his songwriting seemed to lack a certain depth. Yes, he did play the obvious solo hits "Society," "Rise" and "Hard Sun," which were pretty cool even if you have heard them a thousand times on the radio. But, other originals didn't really grab your balls. They just laid flat, existing rather than impressing.----

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/13665/Eddie-Vedder-04.16.08-San-Diego
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Once again someone has an opinion other than ED/The Band/Any of their CDs or shows are/is amazing and people jump on them.
  • Options
    the obvious solo hits "Society," "Rise" and "Hard Sun," which were pretty cool even if you have heard them a thousand times on the radio.

I'd love to know what station he's listening to where these "obvious solo hits" have been played thousands of times
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,500
    I'd love to know what station he's listening to where these "obvious solo hits" have been played thousands of times
    Struck me as a bit odd, too.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    VeddereenVeddereen Posts: 3
    Kingmidget wrote:
    Hard to care anything about some moron talking about ball grabbing music. Just what does grab his balls? curious

balls?where?see ain't no balls....wee pine nuts maybe...

eejit
  • Options
    Once again someone has an opinion other than ED/The Band/Any of their CDs or shows are/is amazing and people jump on them.

Just what do you expect? Notice that this is a Pearl Jam forum, which means Pearl Jam fans are going to be here. Fans that like the band a lot and do take it personally when someone disses on them, rather be be a outright insult or a medicore review, or something else that some may view as trivial. I don't go to a Bill O'reilly forum then bitch that everyone there agrees with him.
  • Options
    the review is not all bad... did anyone read it all?
  • Options
    ED/The Band/Any of their CDs or shows are/is

Woah you've pretty much covered the lot there. :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison