Options

My 12ft x-mas tree fell over!!!

acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
My wife, daughter and I went to a tree farm last week and of course my wife has to pick the biggest freakin tree there. We have very high ceilings so it looks nice with a big tree but come on! Not necessary, but she wanted it and I did not want to argue about it. So we bring it home, it took an hour to set it up, very heavy and wide. A few days ago we trimmed it. Well last night, my wife was putting my daughter to bed, I was on my lab top on the couch, in the corner of my eye I see this giant thing come toppling over! Not slow either, fast like someone pushed it! bang! Ornaments broken all over the carpet, Lights busted, the tree branches boke and snapped. It was ruined.
Thank god my daughter was not on the floor playing. Thank God.
Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
Sweep the Leg Johnny.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    thats why fake charlie brown trees are the way to go

glad everyone is ok
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    I too am glad everyone is ok, but this thread is useless without pics. ;)
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    Is going for the big tree the same as compensating like getting the big sports car?
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Is going for the big tree the same as compensating like getting the big sports car?

Ha!
    Only you Roland, only you.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    I too am glad everyone is ok, but this thread is useless without pics. ;)

I did not even think about it.
    Sorry.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,228
    Had a tree fall over a few years back (not 12 feet, like 6 or so). Wife called me at work, it landed on top of the glass coffee table, smashed several ornaments including some expensive Radko glass Disney ornaments and my beloved Eric Cartman (Luckily Jim Morrison was spared).

The funny thing was when I got home to stand it back up, the parakeet was out of his cage, and the first thing he said was "Merry Christmas". Made me laugh, the wife not so much.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    My wife, daughter and I went to a tree farm last week and of course my wife has to pick the biggest freakin tree there. We have very high ceilings so it looks nice with a big tree but come on! Not necessary, but she wanted it and I did not want to argue about it. So we bring it home, it took an hour to set it up, very heavy and wide. A few days ago we trimmed it. Well last night, my wife was putting my daughter to bed, I was on my lab top on the couch, in the corner of my eye I see this giant thing come toppling over! Not slow either, fast like someone pushed it! bang! Ornaments broken all over the carpet, Lights busted, the tree branches boke and snapped. It was ruined.

Yikes! I'm glad everyone's ok. But that sucks about your ornaments and the mess that I'm sure you had to clean up. That's a drag!
  • Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Happened to me when my oldest was only 1. She was in the other room though.

12 footer? Jaysus! How'd ya get that thing in the door???
    I love to turn you on
  • Options

12 footer? Jaysus! How'd ya get that thing in the door???
    Todd: Hey Griswold. Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Clark: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Todd: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that Griswold.
    Clark: I wasn't talking to you.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

I"m going home and watching that tonight. Can't wait.
    I love to turn you on
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I"m going home and watching that tonight. Can't wait.
    Saw a commercial for it today too.
    If I don't see that and A Christmas Story, it isn't Christmas.
    I also need a 'leg' lamp....
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    I also need a 'leg' lamp....
    It's a major award

• Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Got a thirty-five foot real one growing out of the ground, right outside the house. There's no fucking way I'm putting lights on that sucker.
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

That is a bummer! Sorry
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    omg. a 12 foot tree. I'm glad no one was hurt. I gather its back up, and secure now? I have a 5 foot (artificial) tree at my fitness center, and that's as big as I go.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    I am laughing out loud right now~!
    Funny.
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    thats why i always secure my tree to the wall....

there is no fucking way that thing is fucking falling over.....

sorry to hear about your disaster...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    thats why i always secure my tree to the wall....

there is no fucking way that thing is fucking falling over.....

sorry to hear about your disaster...
    Dude, I was gonna ask you if you teathered your tree to the wall after seeing those pics you put up yesterday. Now I know. And knowing is half the battle

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    How wide was the base? That was probably your problem.
    Try salvaging it by keeping the top 6 feet, use the lower part and make wreaths and use a regulation tree base.
    Merry Christmas.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Glad all is OK...I pulled a similar stunt once. Fortunately, we caught the monster as it was tipping over and I nailed the damn base to the floor. Not a great may to maintain hardwood floors....
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    save a tree, christmas flowers are the way to go!
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Got a thirty-five foot real one growing out of the ground, right outside the house. There's no fucking way I'm putting lights on that sucker.
    Don't be such a wimp Richard.

jeez.... ;)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Honey how bout that normal sized tree?

pffftt...it's 6 feet too short ;)

No way baby...this year we slay the beast...!

grr....fucker bit me in the ass!

funny shit bro...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")