Options

Off to Maui tomorrow...

vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
if anyone gives a crap....gonna try some paddle surfing...never been to Hawaii before - never flown over an ocean before. Scared and excited. Going with hubby's family in a big group of 14. I think it will be a SCREAM!!!

Paddle surfing and drinking...that's all I wanna do...obviously not both at the same time, but you get the idea....

Aloha, everyone....

Have a great Christmas, New Year's, Hannakuh, Kwanza, or any other type of celebration you have!
be philanthropic
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969

Paddle surfing and drinking...that's all I wanna do...obviously not both at the same time, but you get the idea....

Why not? :confused:
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    enjoy hawaii. i got to go there for a couple weeks a few years ago for work and while i barely made it off the resort, it's impossible not to take in hawaii's beauty with every breath. don't put too much pressure on yourself, do what you want to do...but just 'hang loose'.
  • Options
    Why not? :confused:
    hmmmm i bet GreenTeaDisease scared her with that story. if you cant eat an almond while drunk then how in gods name are you gonna paddle surf and drink. just goes to show ya the power of alcohol.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    hmmmm i bet GreenTeaDisease scared her with that story. if you cant eat an almond while drunk then how in gods name are you gonna paddle surf and drink. just goes to show ya the power of alcohol.

That's a REALLLLLLLLLLLLLY good point!
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    have a wonderful and safe trip, and happy holidays...mahalo!
  • Options
    Thanks all!!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Have fun for me!
    NERDS!
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,084
    if anyone gives a crap....gonna try some paddle surfing...never been to Hawaii before - never flown over an ocean before. Scared and excited. Going with hubby's family in a big group of 14. I think it will be a SCREAM!!!

Aloha, everyone....

Have a great Christmas, New Year's, Hannakuh, Kwanza, or any other type of celebration you have!

you shouldn't drink and surf, you might hit a wave and spill your drink...
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    You know it, man! I'll have a few dozen drinks for you....
    be philanthropic
  • Options

Aloha, everyone....

Have fun in Hawaii!! it's the best place in the world, you will fall inlove with it. I saw people paddle surfing when i was there and i wanted to try it so badly, it looked sooo much fun, i just stuck with the regular surfing though, im not that cordinating to paddle surf :)

and the plane ride is not bad at all, take a tylenol PM or something with antihistamine and you will be there in no time ;) i took an ambian and i dont even remember flying to hawaii :)

Have a great trip!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    Have fun in Hawaii!! it's the best place in the world, you will fall inlove with it. I saw people paddle surfing when i was there and i wanted to try it so badly, it looked sooo much fun, i just stuck with the regular surfing though, im not that cordinating to paddle surf :)

and the plane ride is not bad at all, take a tylenol PM or something with antihistamine and you will be there in no time ;) i took an ambian and i dont even remember flying to hawaii :)

Have a great trip!!!! :D:D
    ohhh...tylenol pm is a must. or just go for it and booze it up!! it's quite the long flight, of course.

i went to the big island...i didn't think that i was going to come back at all. it was pretty much my life-long dream to visit hawaii...i thought it was all over once i saw humpback whales and black sand beaches and walked through volcano craters and saw an erupting kilauea. highlight of my life thus far.

you're going to have soooooooo much fun!!
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965

Aloha, everyone....

Have a great time! Hope you worked out Meow-Meow's babysitter situation. :) I know you will have a great time. It's a beautiful place and you will have a wonderful time. :) Be sure and give us a recap when you get back.
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    killer situ...enjoy.!
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Got to Maui about an hour ago...It's 5am PST (my normal time zone) and 3am Maui time!

Took many ativan's on the plane, with one glass of wine...slept a little bit - kept having horible nightmares that I was on a plane...I'd wake up yelling - and there I was - ON A PLANE!

Utterly knackered now, so hitting the hay...Tomorrow will be an alcohol fueled day!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    ur in maui for an hour and come on here ????????
  • Options
    PorchsitterPorchsitter Loganville, GA Posts: 1,069
    you shouldn't drink and surf, you might hit a wave and spill your drink...

Dude: Careful, man. There's a beverage here.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    have fun, I'll be there in about a month...
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    p.s. if u get drunk and go into "jaws' u probably wont ever post here again

so dont do it
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,779
    Hope you have a great time. Look forward to hearing about your trip.

Happy holidays!!

If you see Lori, say hello for me :)
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    is meow meow eating or is she still yellow?

tell her i'm hoping she is better!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    Maui was AWESOME!! We even saw a guy driving on the Hana Highway that looked like Ed - even my hubby said so! The guy was obviously a local - and he was heading in the opposite direction...

Aside from that - wow! Wow! Paddle surfing was so much fun! The hike out to Jaws (without surfboards) was rather long and somewhat interesting, but once we got to the trail to the beach, there were no big waves or ANYTHING...so we just hiked back to the car...I think Laird Hamilton's house is was on the other side of the ravine we walked along. Anyway, it was really cool being there!

Saw some sea turtles in the wild, swam a lot, drank a lot, got a MASSIVE sunburn - it was all good!

As for Meow-Meow kitty - she's no longer yellow! My mom did an amazing job looking after her....yay! Kitty is back to normal! She's on the bed purring and seems happy to be home. The dogs, too! They were SO excited to see us!!

But we are SO going back to Hawaii!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,664
    Glad you had a safe and fun trip. Does that mean you didn't paddle surf?
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Glad you had fun and very glad meow meow is better! Welcome home. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    i'm glad meow meow is happy and well!

did you post a pic of her?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    For people who wanted to see my former beachball of a cat...

http://picasaweb.google.com/vedderfan10/MeowMeowKitty

She's much thinner now, but seems to have a happier face. Hubby used to call her "Mad-Mad Kitty" cuz she always looked pissed off...but she's never been an unpleasant cat...

Anyway - thanks for all your well wishes!

And yes, I did actually paddle surf whilst on Maui...My husband became an instant expert, of course...I stayed on my knees, but paddled out way far and managed to "catch" one wave...it was cool! We just didn't paddle surf at Jaws...too much effort to get there...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    sooo jealous! hope you're having fun. i was on oahu last december...but couldn't make it out again this year. :(
  • Options
    lol

beachball

:)

how cute!
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867

Aloha, everyone....

I went to Hawaii last year for the first time ever. I saw Honolulu, Waikiki beach is so cool. And then I went to the big island and got to see my kids take some surf lessons, they went to the top of some famous mountain there that the altitude is so high that only kids of a certain age can go there as well as you can't be unhealthy to go there. It was beautiful. I hate you.

no, have a great time. I am jealoius though.

But once my bracelet making skills sharpen, I too will live by the ocean, selling bracelets, or whatever art I can develop.

where no one gets old........
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........