Options

My Meow-Meow Kitty has turned yellow..

2»

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    So glad to hear she is home and doing well. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Excellent. Meow Meow's yellow adventures. Love those happy endings.
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    OK...so that nice calm kitty I brought home last night, turned into a mean spitting, clawing, biting WWE wrestling champion! Everything has been a fight. She started out OK, yowling for food...so I tried her regular food, some samples of other cat food, her regular treats, some new treats, AND a can of tuna - and she turned her nose up at everything. So with effort I shoved a couple of pills down her gullet, followed by many syringes of pasty food. It ended up everywhere!

Then she threw it all up this AM after I got up 5:30 to give her the damn pill she needs one hour before she eats, plus the appetite stimulant. Well, I wasn't going to rooting around in a pile of liquid cat food for the two pills, so I had to give her others. Gross. The next fight was keeping the dogs away from the cat puke!

So around 6:45am, she decided that she was hungry after all and started to pick at the solid kibbles in her bowl. This was a good sign, but then she just crowched there with her face in the food, and then in the water. She wasn't drinking any water, just putting her face in it...

Monty Pyton sketch comes to life at my house!

"She wouldn't keep still, wriggling about an 'owling!"

Out came the syringe and another 1/2 can of high calorie cat food, and out came her really really really really sharp claws. Did I say they were sharp? I was stunned at what a contorsionist she can be! So, had to get hubby to help me. I held Meow-Meow and her front legs, while hubby did the force feeding. But wouldn't you know it - her back claws are even sharper!! I ended up covered in this horrible smelling food, but we managed to get 1/2 a can into her. So that's a start.

I'm thinking of suggesting to my mom to just take her to our friend the vet and leave her at his clinic for the week we're away and have them feed her, just so she won't hate us...

And yes...she's still yellow. A patch of her fur was shaved off, and her skin was also a vibrant yellow...like a phonebook...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    sorry that she's tripping so hard, but i'm glad the vet said it was all okay. i hope she gets better and less yellow soon! :)
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i want a cat solely so i can call it "Chairman Meow"

that and that great jumping thing they do.. cats are awesomely funny!!

glad to hear its doing well :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    dunkman wrote:
    i want a cat solely so i can call it "Chairman Meow"

that and that great jumping thing they do.. cats are awesomely funny!!

glad to hear its doing well :)
    The committee wouldn't let me name ours "Mr. Bigglesworth" (could be cause it's a she)...but it's eventual nickname, 'Schmuttie', seems to be perfectly acceptable.

2000th post. History in the making people.
  • Options
    No pain no gain on this one MMK! Those back claws can eviscerate....I still have a couple scars from my first cat.

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Glad ole' yeller is better

:p

maybe she is just a scaredy-cat!!!!!!!!!!!

get it? yellow?

ha ha ha
    Ok, bye.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    maybe she turned yellow 'cause she wants to hear ledbetter.......
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Oh my gosh! This cat is....I don't know...she's been possessed or something! She still won't eat much of anything (except I bought some Wiskas dry food that looks like a big pouch of their treats so she's rather into that), so we still have to force feed her. We wrap her in a towel now, but she bites and her teeth are so sharp! She also likes to push her pills into her cheek and then spit them out - like, literally, spit them...

So, when she wants something, like up on the counter to eat treats, or wants to be on the bed, or would like some fresh water, she just yowls and yowls until she gets her way.

The yellow is slowly fading...and obviously she's feisty...so I'm not so worried now. But holy crap! Where's my cute and happy cat?

Today when we force fed, she was relatively calm and just growled a whole bunch. I can't believe that my mom is willing to take this on why we're away...Obviously I will owe her big time!
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    I can totally picture all that in my head. Poor thing. Let's hope she remembers all this next time she decides to stop eating!

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")