Options

Crank

eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
is the movie any good?

I watched Transporter 2 last night and am looking for something in the same category for tonight. :D

so any comments will be welcome. should I watch Crank? :)
"Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    eMMI wrote:
    is the movie any good?

I watched Transporter 2 last night and am looking for something in the same category for tonight. :D

so any comments will be welcome. should I watch Crank? :)

Watch it, it's good. It a very loud and jittery movie they way it's filmed. Kinda like the Bourne movies. I enjoyed it. I liked it more than Transporter 2.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Watch it, it's good. It a very loud and jittery movie they way it's filmed. Kinda like the Bourne movies. I enjoyed it. I liked it more than Transporter 2.

coolness. :) thanks for that.

Jason Statham is almost tempting enough to make me watch a movie but thought a second opinion might be good.

Transporter 2 wasn't as good as it could've been maybe.. but that chick Lola or what was her name.. she was kickass. :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    Apparently Crank is sort of a farse.. a comedy which deliberately takes the piss out of the action movie premise. I've not seen it but sounds interesting from that perspective.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Apparently Crank is sort of a farse.. a comedy which deliberately takes the piss out of the action movie premise. I've not seen it but sounds interesting from that perspective.

never heard that.. :)

"Linkin Park lead singer Chester Bennington has a cameo in the hospital scene, where he tells the protagonist about the epinephrine in the nasal spray."

:D

also:
    "Jason Statham did all of his own driving stunts"

which I think is either admirable or fecking crazy!! possibly both. :D
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Awesome big dumb action movie. The adrenaline never stops pumping! And that's the plot too :D
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Awesome big dumb action movie. The adrenaline never stops pumping! And that's the plot too :D

:D

haha, yeah, I gathered that adrenaline part from the back cover. :D
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    It is worth a watch.
    The Transporter was so bad I never bothered to see the second one.
  • Options
    well Crank...

that was one good rumble. :D
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    well Crank...

that was one good rumble. :D

Was I right about the plot being so over the top as to be funny?
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    whatever turns your crank...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Yes.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options

aye. :D
  • Options
    I though it was good, a little stupid iat times but i thought that it would be going in. I have not seen any of the transporter movies though are they any good??
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    I though it was good, a little stupid iat times but i thought that it would be going in. I have not seen any of the transporter movies though are they any good??

well, I think most action movies seem a little stupid at times.. doesn't mean they're bad though. :)

well, I personally liked both Transporters.. it's been a while since I last saw the first one though. and it's better than the second one methinks. still, both good rumbles. :D
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,847
    I love crank! great movie full of action, not much to the plot though, but it works in how the movie was done. Filmed in an old school Grand Theft Auto video game feel as well.

I loved it, but if your'e looking for something with a deep meaning look elsewhere :)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?