Options

Disneyland

_Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
Anybody else going to Disneyland on Sunday or early next week? I can't wait!
I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I AM!

Oh wait. I'm not.
  • Options
    :( bummer.
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,425
    I was at Downtown Disney last week for the Travis show at the HOB & dinner at Catal. I wonder if parents ever try to cheap-out, and try to convince their little kids that Downtown Disney is really Disneyland??
    :)
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    i have been to Disney World at least a dozen times...but never Disneyland. For those of you that have been to both...which is better? and why?
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    mensane wrote:
    i have been to Disney World at least a dozen times...but never Disneyland. For those of you that have been to both...which is better? and why?

well one is in beautiful southern california and the other is in a swamp....:)
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

i have driven through anaheim. um. no.
  • Options
    StellyStelly Posts: 170
    mensane wrote:

Great question! My wife has been to DisneyWorld about 10 times, I have been 4 or 5. We love it, and will probably never vacation anywhere else.

We visted my wife's sister in LA in the spring, and went to DisneyLand. We both agree that World is better. Although still very nice, and lots of fun, the World is much better to us. Land is smaller, and not as grand feeling as World. It feels more like you're in a local theme park than a ginormous destination vacation. We found the cast members in World to be more friendly and helpful, and the food is better in World as well.
    8/22/98 - Toronto
    8/26/98 - Cleveland
    10/7/00 - Detroit
    4/25/03 - Cleveland
    6/23/06 - Pittsburgh
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

:D

you bet your ass!!!

One is the Original and the other is a bad copy...

Disneyland is one of my favorite places! I have the pass!!!

when I was in highschool I worked there! (and I still like it, despite having to wear a wool costume in the summer)

I do hate "California Adventure" I think it's a bit nickel and diming to charge as if it's a whole different park...besides, something about my Mexifornian-ness makes me angry about rides celebrating orange groves and agriculture that are built on the bones of former groves and fields...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    (and I still like it, despite having to wear a wool costume in the summer)

Hey, you could've shaved, used some nair and the wool would have gone! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,141
    mensane wrote:
    i have driven through anaheim. um. no.

Shit .....Anaheim is nice you should try Crenshaw! :p
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    :D

you bet your ass!!!

One is the Original and the other is a bad copy...

Disneyland is one of my favorite places! I have the pass!!!

but have you been to disney world?
  • Options
    mensane wrote:
    but have you been to disney world?

yeah, when I was 12 - and it was big and very steamy-hot. I didn't like the air it smelled like sulfur, and my hair kinked up from the humidity.

Also I remember that the lines for the rides were crazy long and that whole epcott thing was totally stupid.

In DisneyLand - the experience was totally doable in a weekend...whereas at DisneyWorld it was like too much to chew.

did I mention that the weather was miserable?????

it was horrible!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    i love disney world :D but, i'm a bit biased...and i've never been to cali!

a tip for all florida tourists...don't even think about coming in the summer!! the weather is truely miserable...and there is pretty much a thunderstorm every day a 3-4pm. when this happens, the theme parks have to shut down the rides if there is lightning in the area. so there's a chance that you won't get the full experience.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • Options
    xscorchoxscorcho Posts: 409
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I was at Downtown Disney

what is downtown disney? ive never heard of it.