Options

Heard "Rise" before Step Brothers

racecarracecar Posts: 13
edited July 2008 in The Porch
So I went to see Step Brothers and there's an ad before the movie for the fight against cancer. The ad practically features anyone who is anyone is Hollywood and the song playing throughout is Rise.
and i stare you back
oh blue eyes, i've seen it
if just once i could feel love
oh stare back at me, yeah..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    Saw the same thing before Hancock in early July
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    racecar wrote:
    So I went to see Step Brothers and there's an ad before the movie for the fight against cancer. The ad practically features anyone who is anyone is Hollywood and the song playing throughout is Rise.
    is the movie any good? I'm not sure if it's just me, but when Will Ferrel stars in a movie, it's usually not that good. I did like Old School (not really THE star though), kicking and screaming, and Elf though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    LukinFan wrote:
    is the movie any good? I'm not sure if it's just me, but when Will Ferrel stars in a movie, it's usually not that good. I did like Old School (not really THE star though), kicking and screaming, and Elf though

I think it's just you ;)

No, I like all of Ferrell's "Ferrell" stuff. Anchorman and Talledega Nights are on constant rotation for me. I didn't like them tremedously the first time I saw them, but you watch them enough times, you start to notice subtle little lines and moments you missed the first time. Now both those movies are on constant rotation at my house.

I suspect "Stepbrothers" is the same way. Plus, frankly, I think John C Reilly is funnier than Ferrell sometimes.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Saw that same clip before Hellboy and Dark Knight....

Also I just rewatched Old School 10 minutes ago...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......