Options

Anyone On Here Ever Passed Out From Exhaustion?

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited December 2007 in All Encompassing Trip
I did last night for the first time. I was checking my emails on my blackberry and the next thing I know I was down for the count, at 8:15!!!!!!! I don't think my head has seen a pillow that early since I was 5. I guess the last few months of getting 4-6 hours of sleep at night finally caught up with me. Weird ass feeling! Woke up with a headache like I had been drinking (which I hadn't). So I probably won't get to sleep until 5 a.m. tonight!
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    no, but I almost passed out from doing alot of drugs, that was messed up

get some rest
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    mookie9999 wrote:
    I did last night for the first time. I was checking my emails on my blackberry and the next thing I know I was down for the count, at 8:15!!!!!!! I don't think my head has seen a pillow that early since I was 5. I guess the last few months of getting 4-6 hours of sleep at night finally caught up with me. Weird ass feeling! Woke up with a headache like I had been drinking (which I hadn't). So I probably won't get to sleep until 5 a.m. tonight!
    are you sure you didn't get hit by one of ana's balls but seriusly keep an eye on that to pass out like that i wouldn't just brush it off ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Yep. I get bad insomnia and will be awake for days and then I crash and am dead to the world for days.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    are you sure you didn't get hit by one of ana's balls but seriusly keep an eye on that to pass out like that i wouldn't just brush it off ...

:D That would explain the headache but there was no mark left! ;) I'll keep my eye on how I'm feeling. Hope all is well. Tonight at 8:15 I should be on a treadmill so hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    Man, I'm glad you're okay!! :)
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,353
    mookie9999 wrote:
    :D That would explain the headache but there was no mark left! ;) I'll keep my eye on how I'm feeling. Hope all is well. Tonight at 8:15 I should be on a treadmill so hopefully lightning doesn't strike twice!

take care :) it wouldn't hurt to get your vitals checked specially blood pressure ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Never from exhaustion but, I have some very close to having heat stroke on several occassions. That is not a pretty feeling. Your whole body goes cold, you tremble and vomit, then pass out only to wake up with a splitting headache.

Stay hydrated, kids :)
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Thats not much sleep at all but you might want to have a blood test done. They can tell a lot from a blood test.
  • Options
    It should also be noted that when I woke up the first time this morning at 5:30a.m. I had both Bushleaguer and R.E.M.'s Great Beyond in my head. Neither of which I have heard in ages. Not a bad combo though!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Does falling asleep immediately after sex count?
  • Options
    Does falling asleep immediately after sex count?

I think that's expected from us guys! Right ladies? ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Yes I have....Maybe you should take it easy at work for a few days. Try surfing the net and/or even posting on a message board as a form of relaxation..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Options
    The Champ wrote:
    Yes I have....Maybe you should take it easy at work for a few days. Try surfing the net and/or even posting on a message board as a form of relaxation..

Yeah. I just have to make it through Saturday at work and then I'll take it easy for a few. As to this posting on a message board you speak of, I'll have to give it a try. Although I am a little shy with posting things on the net. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    mookie9999 wrote:

I fainted once at band practice for holding a scream too long. And, I have come close to fainting on stage a couple of times for the same reason. That was fun... Oh, and Mookie, I just noticed the Bill Hicks' quote. Sweet!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Well not from exhaustion, but one time I had a severe asthma attack and didn't have my inhaler. I was walking down the stairs to get some water and woke up at the bottom of the stairs. I remember taking the first step down when all of a sudden....I woke in a pool of blood because I hit my head on the wall at the bottom. Had a nice scar for a while!

Funny thing was when I woke up my asthma attack had subsided.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Oh, and Mookie, I just noticed the Bill Hicks' quote. Sweet!

I had to edit it down or else it wouldn't fit. Wanted to do the Rush Limbaugh one in the bathtub, but that was even longer! :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    Danimal wrote:
    Well not from exhaustion, but one time I had a severe asthma attack and didn't have my inhaler. I was walking down the stairs to get some water and woke up at the bottom of the stairs. I remember taking the first step down when all of a sudden....I woke in a pool of blood because I hit my head on the wall at the bottom. Had a nice scar for a while!

Funny thing was when I woke up my asthma attack had subsided.

Holy shit! That sounds terrible! Glad you're ok after that!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Holy shit! That sounds terrible! Glad you're ok after that!

Thanks bro!

Never forgot my inhaler after that I can tell ya!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Wow! Take it easy Mr. Mookie! I kinda like you. :)
  • Options
    Wow! Take it easy Mr. Mookie! I kinda like you. :)

Thanks for the well wishes and the formality of referring to me as "Mr". Glad you got the memo Ms./Mrs. MattCameronKicksButt! ;)
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Thanks for the well wishes and the formality of referring to me as "Mr". Glad you got the memo Ms./Mrs. MattCameronKicksButt! ;)

I decided I thought it was funny. So I'll call you that all the time. (If you don't mind). :) It's like Mr. Moe - if you watch the Simpsons?

Anyway, take it easy.
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    mookie9999 wrote:

I haven't, but then again, both of my testicles are still attached, you little girl;)

I'm just fucking with you dude:)
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    cory wrote:
    I haven't, but then again, both of my testicles are still attached, you little girl;)

I'm just fucking with you dude:)

:D Had to use this smiley as there isn't one to represent me running into the corner to cry. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    So I'll call you that all the time. (If you don't mind). .

You can callllllllllllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeee Al. Call me Al.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You can callllllllllllllll meeeeeeeeeeeeee Al. Call me Al.

Okay Al. I like that song (but don't tell anyone). :D
  • Options
    Okay Al. I like that song (but don't tell anyone). :D

Bloody hell, that's a great song. Don't tell anyone? I'd shout if from the rooftops.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Bloody hell, that's a great song. Don't tell anyone? I'd shout if from the rooftops.

Yes but you a you like that Parl Jim band! ;)

(Kidding!) :D
  • Options
    dayum! Mookster Mookie Mook-cicle!! sometimes that is the way your body tells you to slow down and stop playing with sheep deep into the night!!!

I have actually passed out from exhaustion before, but it also was a side effect from fasting too...which is a really bad idea if you are going to be doing alot of busy stuff...you need to eat the protein...

lots of protein. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    dayum! Mookster Mookie Mook-cicle!! sometimes that is the way your body tells you to slow down and stop playing with sheep deep into the night!!!

I have actually passed out from exhaustion before, but it also was a side effect from fasting too...which is a really bad idea if you are going to be doing alot of busy stuff...you need to eat the protein...

lots of protein. ;)

I've been off of sheep for about two weeks now. But there's no way I'm giving up my burro's! As to "lots of protein ;) " I don't swing that way. :D
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Any number of times, mostly due to overwork as an intern.
    A couple of the most memorable are one time when I was the only doc in a country hosptial for two weeks, seeing evrything and everyone. I was a bit unwell myself, went in at about 7pm top admit an emergency patient, sat in a chair to ask him some questions and woke up the next morning in a hospital bed. Apparently I had passed out while talking to him. The patient rang for a nurse, who put me to bed for the night.

Another time I was on night duty, and was building a deck at home as well. I worked a lto on teh deck during the days and then at night. It was all ok until after teh last night duty I spent about 6 hours nailing down timber boards. Eventually my arm went into spasm. I dropped the hammer, and passed out for about half an hour.

Overwork sucks and is bad for the body and spirit. I don't so it anymore.
    Music is not a competetion.