Options

Finders Keepers

mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Until last night I had only found money here and there. I went on a walk to clear my head and was planning on flying Han Solo to the movies. On my walk over I looked down and discovered two unused Natalie Merchant tickets for a show that was set to start in under an hour. Not much of a fan, but I find it almost impossible to turn down free live entertainment (I say almost due to that damn donkey show I stumbled upon down in TJ). Anyways show was decent, she performed for 2 hours which surprised me. But thought it was a bizarre thing to come upon. So what kind of items have you found over the years?
"The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I found a book of stamps on the floor! There were no stamps in it...

:(
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    i found a dead body once

p.s.. greg brady and natalie merchant ??????? oh boy
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i found a dead body once

p.s.. greg brady and natalie merchant ??????? oh boy

You've been swimming in the Hudson again?!? Yes, I know. Brady and Merchant. Next weekend I'm planning on completing the rainbow trifecta by attending a Streisand tribute act. He calls himself Bentil.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    i found a dead body once

Did you step on it?

I found three cell phones, a laptop, a briefcase, two dogs, and lots of keys.

I was able to return everything except the keys.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,861
    wish i could find some free tickets to anything sometime, lucky you.

Most i've found was a couple bucks once or twice. I do win stuff off the radio all the time though heh, if that counts.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    mookie9999 wrote:
    You've been swimming in the Hudson again?!? Yes, I know. Brady and Merchant. Next weekend I'm planning on completing the rainbow trifecta by attending a Streisand tribute act. He calls himself Bentil.

u know im an east side boy,, i swin in the east river !!!

please get an extra ticket for me !!!!!!!
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    please get an extra ticket for me !!!!!!!

I'll try. But I hear the website you buy tickets off of goes down faster than 98% of the crowd.
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I found a book of stamps on the floor! There were no stamps in it...

:(
    I found a book of stamps once that was new and full of stamps! I was pretty excited.

I once saw a woman drop a ziplock bag that she had all her cash and credit/debit cards in. I didn't look at it close enough to see how much $$ there was exactly, but the outside bill was a $100. I went and picked it up as soon as I saw her drop it, she hadn't noticed she had dropped it and was walking away. I gave it back to her and she was very happy!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I found a €100 note one day. I was locking up the shop wher I used to work and it was just lying there in the middle of the car park. I kept it for a couple of weeks in case anyone claimed it, coz it was a big enough amount to lose. No one came for it so I spent it :)
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    6 years ago I found a pair of gold and diamond earings...not like just one. it was very strange...I didn't keep them, they were fugly, and diamonds...but they did get pawned to pay for an awesome party and pair of boots.

Mooks, I love Natalie Merchant...my bf once said that he would totally leave me for her (she is his Celebrity That I Would Be Allowed To Screw)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    6 years ago I found a pair of gold and diamond earings...not like just one. it was very strange...I didn't keep them, they were fugly, and diamonds...but they did get pawned to pay for an awesome party and pair of boots.

Mooks, I love Natalie Merchant...my bf once said that he would totally leave me for her (she is his Celebrity That I Would Be Allowed To Screw)

She is his celebrity that you would be able to screw? Sounds like your BF is getting a raw deal. :D I must admit that I was impressed by her vast collection of songs and styles she played along with a good backing band. But again, I was amazed she did 2 hours. I was expecting and hour and 15 or and hour and a half, max!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"

• Options
    LindaLinda Posts: 1,656
    money, always money! really, i do! :)
    i'm not happy yet.....
  • Options
    Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873

There are plenty of far hotter celebrities to choose from.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    She is his celebrity that you would be able to screw? Sounds like your BF is getting a raw deal. :D I must admit that I was impressed by her vast collection of songs and styles she played along with a good backing band. By again, I was amazed she did 2 hours. I was expecting and hour and 15 or and hour and a half, max!

hahahahaa...um, yeah I totally flubbed that one - my bf and i have this thing where we name celebrities (since the chances of us being called on it is slim) that we could have an affair with without any repercussions...a list of three, is what we have. Mine are: Barry Pepper, Layne Staley (yeah, after I invent a time machine, or a re-animation machine) and Johnny Depp (tho I am thinking of changing that to HBC) His are: Natalie Merchant, Angelina Jolie, and Selma Hayak (sp??) -so now, who got a raw deal?? :D

My ultimate song of Natalie Merchant is "Jealousy" but i also LOVE Carnival...
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    hahahahaa...um, yeah I totally flubbed that one - my bf and i have this thing where we name celebrities (since the chances of us being called on it is slim) that we could have an affair with without any repercussions...a list of three, is what we have. Mine are: Barry Pepper, Layne Staley (yeah, after I invent a time machine, or a re-animation machine) and Johnny Depp (tho I am thinking of changing that to HBC) His are: Natalie Merchant, Angelina Jolie, and Selma Hayak (sp??) -so now, who got a raw deal?? :D

My ultimate song of Natalie Merchant is "Jealousy" but i also LOVE Carnival...

Yeah, I figured that's what you meant. My gf and my list are ever changing. For the time being mine are Minnie Driver, Tea Leoni, and Eva Mendes. You need to get three live folks on your list or you're definitely getting the raw deal! As to Merchant, she opened with Carnival and closed with Thank You. I would give anyone a large sum of money if they could get either of those out of my head!!! Although it is better than the same 6 Randy Newman songs they kept playing for over an hour before she took the stage! I'm sorry, but when I hear him sing "You Can Leave You Hat On" I'm thinking the ladies are gonna be leaving a lot more than their hat on around you, fucker!
    "The leads are weak!"

"What's your name?"