Options

After discussing this with my father for years....

stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
i'm finally saying out loud that Brett Favre is an overrated player. my dad and i agree that while he's still a good player, he's put up on a pedestal as if he's some football god. he's not. and i've told this to my friends before, and of course like the typical anchors on ESPN, they all bash on the idea that maybe he isn't a god. i'm very happy he lost today so i dont have to hear the football guys on tv slobber on his jock anymore.
6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    big game players dont cough up interceptions in OT.
  • Options
    big game players dont cough up interceptions in OT.

true, but i just didn't post what i did because of today. i was just tired of hearing about "the man, the legend, BRETT FAVRE!"
    6/11/08 WPB

• Options
    Overrated? I don't know about that. He's 38 years old, playing in a very competitive sport, and still producing.

He may not have huge numbers or a fist full of rings, but he's still a quality QB. He's made a CRAZY amount of consecutive starts in the NFL, at one of the hardest positions on the body (O/D Line and Running backs arguably take much more of a beating than QBs).

Honestly there are maybe 4 QBs in the NFL over the last 20 years that I would rather have than him.

True, people do talk about him like he's Joe Montana and Tom Brady combined, but that was never Favre. He may be overrated in the fact that he gets so much media hype when he plays in big games.. but does he not deserve it?
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    ryan198ryan198 Posts: 1,015
    The frustrating thing with Favre is that you can't be critical of him without someone sticking up for the guy. Yeah he is a good qb, who had vike problem (performance enhancing drug?), and has choked more than enough times with the pressure on. But say that to a Pack or Favre fan and your toast...they think he's god or something. In reality he's Tony Romo with a ring and a brunette wife that's hot.

As a Cowboy fan, I uneasily see the same thing going on with Romo, he's a gunslinger (without Favre's arm), who will get your team places they shouldn't by winning games out of sheer luck, and lose games they shouldn't by doing stupid things like throw the ball up to Terry Glenn. The funny thing is that both QBs have fans who will make excuses for them (like I found myself doing last week by blaming Patrick Crayton, and last season by blaming Jason Witten for running a 9 1/2 yard pattern instead of 10 or whatever it was).
  • Options
    ryan198 wrote:
    The frustrating thing with Favre is that you can't be critical of him without someone sticking up for the guy. Yeah he is a good qb, who had vike problem (performance enhancing drug?), and has choked more than enough times with the pressure on. But say that to a Pack or Favre fan and your toast...they think he's god or something. In reality he's Tony Romo with a ring and a brunette wife that's hot.

As a Cowboy fan, I uneasily see the same thing going on with Romo, he's a gunslinger (without Favre's arm), who will get your team places they shouldn't by winning games out of sheer luck, and lose games they shouldn't by doing stupid things like throw the ball up to Terry Glenn. The funny thing is that both QBs have fans who will make excuses for them (like I found myself doing last week by blaming Patrick Crayton, and last season by blaming Jason Witten for running a 9 1/2 yard pattern instead of 10 or whatever it was).

as a Cowboys fan i know EXACTLY what you mean. i also think the pass play calling should've been more underneath plays so Romo could get some confidence and not put our rather suspect pass defense on the field. and yes Crayton should've caught that, very frustrating.
    6/11/08 WPB