I want a Divorce...You Stink !

Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
This is nasty

Egyptian Woman Files for Divorce Over Husband’s Refusal to Shower
Monday, November 19, 2007

An Egyptian woman has filed for divorce from her husband on the grounds that he has not showered since they married, AlArabiya.net reported Sunday.

The wedding took place two months ago.

It was a quick courtship for Yara Saad Al-Din, 23, and Aysar Ali, 31, who got engaged two weeks after meeting on an airplane, AlArabiya reported.

Click here for the AlArabiya.net report.

But a couple of months into the marriage and the honeymoon is over. Ali recently confessed to his blushing bride that he hasn't showered in all eight weeks of their union, and now the missus is ready to change her marriage vows to "till dirt do us part."

Ali claimed he could not bathe because of a skin disease which made him allergic to water. While a doctor confirmed Ali had a skin disease, he also said it had nothing to do with water, AlArabiya reported.

Al-Din filed for divorce. When Ali refused to grant her one, she filed for khol’a – an arrangement within Islam which will grant a woman a divorce if she renounces some financial rights.

An investigation into khol’a by AlArabiya.net turned up countless unusual reasons for divorce:

- An engineer in Port Said filed for divorce because her veterinarian husband insisted on keeping cats and dogs in the house.

- A civil servant divorced her husband because he had bad breath from eating too much garlic and because he did not wash his feet.

- An Egyptian housewife filed for khol’a after her husband refused to let her go to her father’s funeral.

- A sorcerer's wife filed for a divorce after he refused to give up his job.
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is this true? I wonder if these women were being beaten? ...Sorry, I am very cynical. :o
  • geniegenie Posts: 2,222
    Is this true? I wonder if these women were being beaten? ...Sorry, I am very cynical. :o

you never know you might be right.

hehe, i found this article quite interestinly funny. though i am very supprised how his wife hasn't noticed anything earlier, until he told her he didn't wash himself. because i would assume that even after two weeks of not washing it would be quite difficult to cover up greasy hair and bio, especially in such hot conutry they live in.

maybe they saw each other rarely. and what about sex?? when you're that close to a person it's hard not to notice smell, or do they have sex fully clothed over there?? :confused::D
  • genie wrote:
    you never know you might be right.

hehe, i found this article quite interestly funny. though i am very supprised how his wife hasn't noticed anything earlier, until he told her he didn't wash himself. because i would assume that even after two weeks of not washing it would quite difficult to cover up greasy hair and bio, especially in such hot conutry they live in.

maybe they saw each other rarely. and what about sex?? when you're that close to a person it's hard not to notice smell, or do they have sex fully clothed over there?? :confused::D

I don't know. Something doesn't add up to me. :D
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000

There are some who call me... 'Tim'
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• who got engaged two weeks after meeting on an airplane, AlArabiya reported.

Let that be a lesson to ya, kids. Take it slow! :D
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    Oh metsy
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Let that be a lesson to ya, kids. Take it slow! :D

That's what sucks arent their marriages Arranged ?

That be my luck some chic who doesn't shower or shave her cootch :(

• Danimal wrote:

There are some who call me... 'Tim'

that made me snort!
    iwas thinking the same thing!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • I am a germophobe. I can't get past the thought of the germs this guy must be carrying.
  • I am a germophobe. I can't get past the thought of the germs this guy must be carrying.

I can't get past the thought that it may be the only legal way the women can get out of abusive relationships.
  • I can't get past the thought that it may be the only legal way the women can get out of abusive relationships.

ok, well then there's that.

where does it say she was abused? I'm not seeing that. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm thinking I might be missing something.

The article said she met him on a plane, so I am not so certain about the "arranged marriage" theory for this one. Although I realize that is commonplace. :)
  • ok, well then there's that.

where does it say she was abused? I'm not seeing that. I'm not trying to be argumentative, but I'm thinking I might be missing something.

The article said she met him on a plane, so I am not so certain about the "arranged marriage" theory for this one. Although I realize that is commonplace. :)

It doesn't say that, I know. I could be wrong but surely no one get's divorced for that reason?

I just think and have seen that a lot of these women are in abusive relationships but are rarely, legally able to file divorce over it.

Just my opinion... It is just an opinion.

Come on, how many germs could their be from not cleaning your arse for 8 weeks !
    :eek:

The smell alone would be sickening

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I wonder if they're finally divorced ?

• LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :?: