Options

The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Regardless of it being Gudas, I do not think he was aiming for his head. It's a fast game out there and watching it on slo-mo replay over and over again makes it look completely different.
    Vesey peeled back at the last second which changed his hit target. Knowing how the game is today, yeah, Gudas prob should have tried to hold up a little, but thats easier said than done, esp as you can see, Gudas had already committed to a hit.
    Plus it's Jimmy Vesey...F him.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I dont like Vesey or the Rangers, but sometime before long, Gudas is going to seriously injure someone who matters. I just hope it isnt Eichel or Reinhart
  • Options
    Pre season over.
    Long term injuries to Del Zotto(again) and Laughton.
    Provorov and Konecny should both absolutely make this team. They deserve to and I'll be pissed if they both dont.
    Is it me or does Giroux look really slow and ineffective again? I know its preseason but he does not look like the same player from a couple years back. He looked bad at times last year too.Unless he's hampered by another injury but he seems very slow out there, especially compared to Voracek. I fear he got his payday and now is basically a Power play player. Pretty concerning.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Pre season over.
    Long term injuries to Del Zotto(again) and Laughton.
    Provorov and Konecny should both absolutely make this team. They deserve to and I'll be pissed if they both dont.
    Is it me or does Giroux look really slow and ineffective again? I know its preseason but he does not look like the same player from a couple years back. He looked bad at times last year too.Unless he's hampered by another injury but he seems very slow out there, especially compared to Voracek. I fear he got his payday and now is basically a Power play player. Pretty concerning.

I really wished he didn't play in that World cup.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    whats the excuse for Gudas on this one?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited October 2016
    MayDay10 said:

He did it again? I was away this weekend and didn't watch much tv.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

MayDay10 said:

He did it again? I was away this weekend and didn't watch much tv.
    http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2016/10/08/report-nhl-reviewing-shoulder-to-the-head-gudas-hit-on-bruins-czarnik/
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

I gotta say, the irony of someone with your username who keeps bringing up complaints of Radko Gudas incidents is pretty humorous.

Anyway,I think he def gets some time served today. Will be good for him.
  • Options
    Brad May was an excellent fighter. He had a couple of poor decisions over a nearly 20 year career that ended up in a suspension. A tough player in hockey, that is going to happen.

This scrub here is otherwise worthless and has one or two incidents a week at this point... and never seems to answer the bell.
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

Brad May was an excellent fighter. He had a couple of poor decisions over a nearly 20 year career that ended up in a suspension. A tough player in hockey, that is going to happen.

This scrub here is otherwise worthless and has one or two incidents a week at this point... and never seems to answer the bell.

C'mon!!! Hahah, a couple of poor incidents?
    So Gudas doesnt get any benefit of the doubt but Brad May does? Steve Moore might have something to say about that.
  • Options

MayDay10 said:

C'mon!!! Hahah, a couple of poor incidents?
    So Gudas doesnt get any benefit of the doubt but Brad May does? Steve Moore might have something to say about that.
    Until he gets a lawsuit thrown at him, I think he's ok. Hopefully he'll learn from this play to smarten up on some hockey plays.
  • Options
    That was Bertuzzi.... and that whole thing was created by Steve Moore playing the part of the Chicken-S cheap shot artist and that was the unfortunate culmination of that. Bertuzzi punched him with his glove and it was a freak thing he was knocked out and Bertuzzi landed on top of him TBH. May was named in the lawsuit, but he was dismissed due to "conspiracy theories" not being admissible in courts.

For May, a couple poor decisions is when he sucker-punched Johnson... and that high stick incident with Phoenix. Immediately after both incidents, he contacted Johnson and Heinze to apologize respectively.

I'm a fan of tough hockey. What Gudas is does not fit that definition. He seems to pick his spots and takes head shots and/or un-guarded opponents.

What benefit of the doubt does Gudas deserve? He has had something like 6-7 alarming incidents in less than a season's-time.
  • Options
    Stop. May was named in the Moore lawsuit for the bounty on his head in the whole Bertuzzi fiasco. Shall I throw out the antics of one Patrick Kaleta or the cheapshots of Barnaby?
    Gudas plays tough, and makes borderline hits from time to time. Been suspended 1 time prior to this likely suspension. Once.
    Maybe he will learn from it. The guy can play hockey, he's def not a scrub.
  • Options
    Kaleta was a cheap shot artist. He was a dangerous player.... but the NHL worked to legislate him out of the league, to the point where near the end, he knew he had to change to remain in the league, and he was getting large suspensions for relatively minor infractions.
    He would also fight. It was kind of sad. He did seem to try to play cleaner, but had a huge target. He was actually a decent PK player... but he also kept getting hurt.

Barnaby was more of an agitator than a player who was a predator and tried to injure people.
  • Options
    As a repeat offender, I'll say he gets 3-5 games today.
  • Options
    Per Hextall: Provorov and Konecny both have made team.
    BREAKING: Hexy confirms Provorov and Konecny will be on Flyers and he believes it's for the entire season. "They earned it."
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,201

Per Hextall: Provorov and Konecny both have made team.
    BREAKING: Hexy confirms Provorov and Konecny will be on Flyers and he believes it's for the entire season. "They earned it."

great to see.

as for Gudas at best he is reckless and at worst he is dirty. I'm not a fan of his. i hated re-signing him for 4 years.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Cooooots
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Nice win.
    Konecny should have had 3 assists
    Seriously, how far has Matt Read fallen. Hes so bad now.
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on
  • Options
    Scary cut on Ghost's face from that guys skate blade.
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    Is Tkon best on the team? Yet?
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    nice win last night. i fell asleep during the 2nd period though :lol:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    this team definitely has more talent and depth than last year. should be fun to watch.
  • Options
    Officiating last night was awful.
    Flyers more than likely got jobbed on that disallowed goal as well as the goalie interference review on the Arizona goal.
    Then in OT, Voracek gets his stick ripped out of his hands, no call. Flyers get called for a ticky tac penalty right after. Arizona wins it in OT.
    Voracek received 22 minutes in penalties after the goal.
    3 out of 4 points isnt bad though,
  • Options

Flyers more than likely got jobbed on that disallowed goal as well as the goalie interference review on the Arizona goal.
    Then in OT, Voracek gets his stick ripped out of his hands, no call. Flyers get called for a ticky tac penalty right after. Arizona wins it in OT.

there were some shaky calls for sure. i didn't think it was goalie interference though. he didn't really touch him and i didn't think it hindered Mason at all on the play. hard to overturn the flyers one too since you couldn't see the puck against smith's pads but it sure looks like smith pulled it back with his glove at one point.

why the hell is Matt Read out there 3 on 3? he stinks. throw your talented players out there.

I really like this team though. two really good lines, solid defense and two solid to good goalies.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:

why the hell is Matt Read out there 3 on 3? he stinks. throw your talented players out there.

I really like this team though. two really good lines, solid defense and two solid to good goalies.
    No idea why Hakstol sends him out there in OT.
    Lines will strengthen after Schenn gets back after the next game.
    Moves Raffl down to the 3rd line where he belongs.
    How about the play of Brandon Manning this year...he's continuing his strong play from the end of last year.
    Konecny has been real good and Provorov up and down but thats to be expected from young D.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Team looked good -- good enough to make me shut off the TV after the 2nd period Friday night. I root for the Flyers except when they play the Kings. Bastards beat the shit out of us that period.
    Glad Ghost Bear is OK -- that was indeed a nasty cut from Clifford's blade.
    Tickets for the Kings when they come to town Super Bowl weekend. Hopefully Quick is back by then.
    Impressive young talent on the Flyers. Hextall working well.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    that was nasty. of course if this was the 1990s and that was Scott Stevens against Lindros they would blame Lindros and Stevens would get put into the Hall of Fame. :confounded: