Options

I forgot my IPOD and am now in a Coworker's Pandora HELL

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited April 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
It is hell listening to what Pandora thinks my coworker would like, musically.

I have not heard this much pop music since I was ten years old...

I mean seriously?? Janet Jackson!?!?!!! I thought Michael had eaten her back in 1996 to keep him forever young and white.

what the holy hell kind of bullshitery is this!!!

I have heard SUBLIME, Janet Jackson, Stevie Wonder, The BeeGees (I think) Chicago, Led Zeppelin (but she skipped it. *and the knife plunged deeply in my back*) the backstreet 98 degree boys....I think Pink, and then...oddly enough the Stooges.

it's like a psychotic monkey on Methadone is selecting her music.

OH god daaaaaamnit.

she is singing along to the Doobie brothers...China Grove....and those are NOT the lyrics...

holy hell -let this be a lesson to me...never EVER forget the ipod....damned garbage dudes...they came early and i had to take the trash outand I left my pretty pretty black music bank on the table next to my lunch which I am not so sorry to have left behind....DAMNIT!
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Wait, did you just diss Stevie Wonder??
  • Options
    Number 18Number 18 Posts: 132
    Man, that sucks. You have my sympathies.

You should always keep a couple of PJ bootlegs or albums on your computer as back ups for such an occasion - think of it as contingency planning.
  • Options

I mean seriously?? Janet Jackson!?!?!!! I thought Michael had eaten her back in 1996 to keep him forever young and white.

I have heard SUBLIME, Janet Jackson, Stevie Wonder, The BeeGees (I think) Chicago, Led Zeppelin (but she skipped it. *and the knife plunged deeply in my back*) the backstreet 98 degree boys....I think Pink, and then...oddly enough the Stooges.

OH god daaaaaamnit.

she is singing along to the Doobie brothers...China Grove....and those are NOT the lyrics...

holy hell -let this be a lesson to me...never EVER forget the ipod....damned garbage dudes...they came early and i had to take the trash outand I left my pretty pretty black music bank on the table next to my lunch which I am not so sorry to have left behind....DAMNIT!

Fight back man! Blast your own shit. Sing the wrong words loudly to Even Flow, Adam Sandler style.

Seeqpod.com is a pretty cool site for streaming music, make yourself a playlist of music you love but she'll hate.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    Wait, did you just diss Stevie Wonder??
    nope - didn't diss, but I mean the mix up is giving me a headache...I just heard woodie guthrie! in a mix with Britney Spears...

the randomness is scaring me. hahaa

I don't have speakers on my computer - because I have too many other applications that need plug ins... cheap ass work computers! hahahaa

I think she doesn't understand how Pandora works...she should be rating music and thus - a pattern will emerge.
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options

OH god daaaaaamnit.

HAHAHAHHAHAHA :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    You didn't learn your lesson from the last time? :p:)

Is this the same girl who you borrowed the ipod from before?
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    :p:p:D:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Janet Jackson's "If" is a good song.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    you work in bostonlou's office? his pain in the ass and yours must be related ;)

and what kinda freak listens to 98 degrees AND the stooges? maybe it's time to call the authorities......or at least the ghostbusters :o
  • Options
    i love my pandora. but i have put enough time into it where i get good music. stuff i like and stuff it recommends that i end up liking. i started listening to the band "Stars" after that.
    my pandora is awesome. you would like it. lotsa PJ.
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    You didn't learn your lesson from the last time? :p:)

Is this the same girl who you borrowed the ipod from before?
    yes!

I can't believe how much good music she "pans" on!!!

she passed up 2 AIC songs...it's like someone is stabbing me repeatedly in the ears with a dull plastic butter knife.
  • Options
    yes!

I can't believe how much good music she "pans" on!!!

she passed up 2 AIC songs...it's like someone is stabbing me repeatedly in the ears with a dull plastic butter knife.

Probably because she doesn't know who AIC are. Led Zeppelin though, if you like some of their songs, you're obviously a rock chick and get to wear the best clothes and have the best attitude and you're different from the rest... and I'm not grumpy at all! ;):o:D

...or maybe she just likes music that she knows... :)
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i got a mp3 memory card in my cell phone! :cool:
    full of PJ tunes!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    meme wrote:

that site doesnt work over here.. but it looks excellent
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    the music they play at my gym is far worse than that. at least those are all kind "classic" pop songs. I don't know *what* is going on at my gym. I've got that umbrella song, and I heard something that I'm guessing is Daughtry...Avril Lavigne, Ashlee Simpson, really horrible, horrible hip hop, some WICKED annoying song that goes "does the DJ know what he's doing to me?" (this song I thought would be sung by some teenage girl, but I looked at the tv, and it was like a 30 year old woman), horrible, horrible "rock" music- I don't even know what on earth it is. Like there was song about girl catching a wave or something? It's just all around BAD. I think 6th or 7th graders would probably enjoy it, which is fine, but hello CHILDREN DO NOT GO TO THE GYM! Everyone there is over 18, and I'm sure MOST people are over 22 (the college kids nearby have free gyms on campus). sometimes it's so loud, I have to take off my headphones because I just can't fight it volume wise.
  • Options
    I have just heard "hey MR. DJ" or whatever from Madonna.

madonna
  • Options

madonna

my friends in college LOVED madonna. Every weekend for 4 years it was the same every friday night...we have to get drunk and dance to madonna...every friday night...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,362

madonna

Music
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    dunkman wrote:
    that site doesnt work over here.. but it looks excellent

It is absolutely fantastic. I can't listen to anything else anymore. You pick the artists, they give you suggestions on artists you may also like, they play all of the albums, no commercials, and the sound quality is stellar :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:

and what kinda freak listens to 98 degrees AND the stooges?
    Some people aren't so selective and have a wide range of musical taste. We all have guilty pleasures. Just thank God that she wasn't listening to Nickelback all day.
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Some people aren't so selective and have a wide range of musical taste. We all have guilty pleasures. Just thank God that she wasn't listening to Nickelback all day.

i was just kiddin'.....:o
  • Options
    I completely sympathize. About a month ago I was doing some temp work and I was in a file room just filing papers. We we're allowed to play music and my first day, no one volunteered to play music. So I hooked up my IPOD and have at it. About 3 hours go by and no one complains and we have a few people singing along, except this one hell of a bitch who tells me I listen to honky music, by the way I'm brown and this is coming from a black person. Ironically, Jimi Hendrix is playing and another co-worker points out that this artist is black, and she replied he's not really black.

And even though I'm brown, I turned red in anger at such a ignorant response.

I asked her what she listens to and she said Club music, you know Trance, progressive, and anything I can dance to. I replied, so Shitty Music.

The rest of my time there was dedicated to making her life a living hell, by always playing my music.

By the way she tried to play a CD and our boss came in and asked who put on this crap? And mentioned how he enjoyed coming in more often then he should and hearing awesome music.

And apparently when I left to go to a full time job, she was shit talking the whole time about me...she ended up getting fired.
    San Diego, July 07, 2006
    Los Angeles, July 10, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 21, 2006
    Bridge School Benefit, October 22, 2006
    Lollapalooza, August 5th, 2007
    eV., Los Angeles April 12, 2008
    eV., San Diego April 15, 2008
    Given to Fly___..