I am getting excited about Sweeney Todd

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited February 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
and I have a girl-crush (my therapist says it's healthy) on Helena Bonham Carter...and I love Alan Rickman's voice...and Tim Burton is just awesome (I have faith - even though Charlie and the Chocolate Factory sucked ass...and planet of the apes ugh)

So, who is with me??

Is this not going to be a return to the witty morose and wonderfully dark Depp/Burton collaboration of Edward Scissorhands? I say YEAH...
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    and I have a girl-crush (my therapist says it's healthy) on Helena Bonham Carter...and I love Alan Rickman's voice...and Tim Burton is just awesome (I have faith - even though Charlie and the Chocolate Factory sucked ass...and planet of the apes ugh)

So, who is with me??

Is this not going to be a return to the witty morose and wonderfully dark Depp/Burton collaboration of Edward Scissorhands? I say YEAH...
    wth???
    When is this coming out?
    And who doesn't have a crush on HBC???? Fight Club......
    I love that show. I can't wait.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    I cant wait for Sweeny Todd, anything Depp and Burton do together is awesome, and plus Depp is my favorite actor and Burton is one of my favorite directors.

I loved Charlie and the choclate factory.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • I'm totally pumped for this flick.

Burton/Depp combo = Movie loving bliss
  • this comes out December 21st, 2007

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408236/

and...I totally lied. I dont have a therapist...I just need one lol...still I think that Helena Bonham Carter is quite possibly the ONLY female that I would consider lesbianism for.

I was dragged to see the Harry Potter movie...and lo and behold THERE she was...YAY! totally wouldnt have had to drag me if he had TOLD me she was in it!

ahhh fight club...and who can forget her turn as Ophelia...(see I told you I was crushing!!)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • and I have a girl-crush (my therapist says it's healthy) on Helena Bonham Carter...and I love Alan Rickman's voice...and Tim Burton is just awesome (I have faith - even though Charlie and the Chocolate Factory sucked ass...and planet of the apes ugh)

So, who is with me??

Sweeny Todd is a great musical. Depp could be really good. I am a big fan of his more unusual stuff, such as the Ninth Gate. Is going to play the Barber?
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
  • okay, it's not enough that johnny is in it, but alan rickman too? oh HELL yeah!

and yes i am also looking forward to this, i love burton/depp collaboration
  • okay, it's not enough that johnny is in it, but alan rickman too? oh HELL yeah!

ahahahahaa!! I love SNAPE!!!!

and his Dogma performance is so kick ass!

sigh, Alan Rickman...
  • ahahahahaa!! I love SNAPE!!!!

and his Dogma performance is so kick ass!

sigh, Alan Rickman...
    have you seen 'truly, madly, deeply'? oh sweet mother of god how fucking romantic it is. i don't know what it is about that man, he's not conventionally handsome, but he has quality that i really dig
  • have you seen 'truly, madly, deeply'? oh sweet mother of god how fucking romantic it is. i don't know what it is about that man, he's not conventionally handsome, but he has quality that i really dig

no but I netflix'd it...can't wait...I absolutely love him...he isnt conventionally handsome but his voice makes up for that...

I also have a total crush on Gabriel Byrne...sigh the EYES...dunno why I brought that up...
  • no but I netflix'd it...can't wait...I absolutely love him...he isnt conventionally handsome but his voice makes up for that...

I also have a total crush on Gabriel Byrne...sigh the EYES...dunno why I brought that up...
    yeah his voice is delicious. just wait till you see it, i have a feeling you're gonna love it :D

ooh he also has lovely eyes too!
  • I like the wig

and then there is the face

have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZNoHdQjyHI
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I am curious about this movie too. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    okay, it's not enough that johnny is in it, but alan rickman too? oh HELL yeah!

You had me at Johnny Depp but count me in double then! I love Alan Rickman! :D Ever since Sherrif Of Nottingham. :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    You had me at Johnny Depp but count me in double then! I love Alan Rickman! :D Ever since Sherrif Of Nottingham. :D

He was also great as the terrorist in the first Die Hard movie.
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

"That's a repulsive combination of horrible information and bad breath."-Pickles

"Remember, death is a natural part of the workplace. So, when you see a dead body at work, don't freak out, just ring your death bell." "ting"-Toki Wartooth
    He was also great as the terrorist in the first Die Hard movie.

**waves**

Hi pie! How are you and am? :)

Yes! He was excellent in that. But there was just something so memorable about him as The Sherrif of Nottingham. He really stole the movie! :D
    I also loved him in Galaxy Quest! :D

To be honest, the man reminds me of my acting/vocal teacher from Uni, and I'm finding it kinda weird that he's going to be in Sweeney Todd because that's the name of my teacher's kid. There's such a similarity between them and now this. :)

pies :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Jeanie wrote:
    **waves**

Hi pie! How are you and am?

Yes! He was excellent in that. But there was just something so memorable about him as The Sherrif of Nottingham. He really stole the movie!
    I also loved him in Galaxy Quest!

To be honest, the man reminds me of my acting/vocal teacher from Uni, and I'm finding it kinda weird that he's going to be in Sweeney Todd because that's the name of my teacher's kid. There's such a similarity between them and now this. :)

pies :)

***waves to you too***

am and I are just fine. In fact, I think I saw her back a few posts :)

I completely forgot about Galaxy Quest! That is one funny movie, especially if you are a Star Trek fan. He was hysterical as the "spock" character. I have to go buy that movie this weekend. Thanks for reminding me of it. See, I think he would make a great barber. Your acting teacher named his/her kid Sweeney Todd! What is this child going to think the first time they see the musical (Hide the knives.) That was a nice story. I love how the down under folk call school uni. That is so cool. People here can really boring about it. "I am going to school." Sounds so much better to be off to uni.

pie (from the northern sky) :D
    To pie I will reply
    But mr. justam
    is who I am

• Alan Rickman isn't going to be the title character that is Johnny Depp - but wait...someone named their kid Sweeney Todd??? that is cool! I know a couple that named their kid "Forest Ranger" but this is even cooler...
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    TrixieCat wrote:
    wth???
    When is this coming out?
    And who doesn't have a crush on HBC???? Fight Club......
    I love that show. I can't wait.

wth? Yea I heard about it. At first insiders said it wouldn't translate well as a movie. But htey showed it at one of those festivals and it got a good review. I also like HBC.
    I miss igotid88
  • I like the wig

and then there is the face

have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZNoHdQjyHI
    nice pics! :D

i haven't seen that clip before, i started watching it but i think it's somehow lost on me (i've never heard of that skit before :o lol )

:D
    everything she said!
    i just saw a movie poster for it at the theatre...first i saw ANYthing about it and was like....hmmmm...intriguing! now hearing all this....very cool! definitely interested!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• :D
    everything she said!
    i just saw a movie poster for it at the theatre...first i saw ANYthing about it and was like....hmmmm...intriguing! now hearing all this....very cool! definitely interested!
    i was just about to ask you if you saw this thread :D heehee

yeah, the combo of depp and burton already had me. now with rickman....i'm seeing it full price baby haha
  • I'm really excited about this movie...but when the HELL is he going to do the Rum Diary?!
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I will be there the first night it plays - I love that musical!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • nice pics! :D

i haven't seen that clip before, i started watching it but i think it's somehow lost on me (i've never heard of that skit before :o lol )

the 4 yorkshiremen I know that Monty Python did it but its older than that...basically they top each other with how miserable their childhood poverty was...funny!
  • i was just about to ask you if you saw this thread :D heehee

yeah, the combo of depp and burton already had me. now with rickman....i'm seeing it full price baby haha

i know!
    alan...fucking...rickman! :D
    excellent!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

***waves to you too***

am and I are just fine. In fact, I think I saw her back a few posts : )

Glad to hear it! Sorry, I did see am a few posts back and forgot to say hi, so **waving madly** Hi girl! :)
    I completely forgot about Galaxy Quest! That is one funny movie, especially if you are a Star Trek fan. He was hysterical as the "spock" character. I have to go buy that movie this weekend. Thanks for reminding me of it. See, I think he would make a great barber.

I love Galaxy Quest and he was just brilliant in it! I'm not a massive Star Trek fan, well not a complete nerd about it anyway. I love Next Generation with Jean Luc Piccard, Data, Troy, Rieker, and all the amazing stories that came along with them. I don't mind the other series, but that one is my fav.
    And yes, he would make an excellent barber. :)
    Your acting teacher named his/her kid Sweeney Todd! What is this child going to think the first time they see the musical (Hide the knives.) That was a nice story. I love how the down under folk call school uni. That is so cool. People here can really boring about it. "I am going to school." Sounds so much better to be off to uni.

pie (from the northern sky) : D

I think it's just Sweeney, but after Sweeney Todd. I'm pretty sure he's been indoctrinated into musicals from a young age. His father has an amazing singing voice. He's going to be a very smart kid I'm thinking. :) Chip off the old block!
    Yeah, I say school too, but mostly uni. You say "I'm going to school" when you're in primary school. :D

pies (under the Southern Cross) :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Alan Rickman isn't going to be the title character that is Johnny Depp - but wait...someone named their kid Sweeney Todd??? that is cool! I know a couple that named their kid "Forest Ranger" but this is even cooler...

Tis cool isn't it? :) Not sure if it's Todd too but the Sweeney is definitely because of the musical. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    saw it finally last nite.....LOVED it! but hot damn is it bloody lol

seeing burton's vision is always a treat, i loved how it looked. dark but really beautiful.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I loved the way it looked too. The scene of her beach vacation dream was especially nice.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Said no one ever