Options

Memory mattress/pad arrived!

failedpersephonefailedpersephone Posts: 3,424
edited January 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
YAY!

I am very happy about this!

it is going to be so awesome!

it will mold to me. YAY! doesn't that sound awesome!

a bed that molds to you like a soft glove...sigh...
IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    roarroar Posts: 1,116
    YAY!

make sure you get the accompanying pillows. mmm. the sleep of dreams.
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    that does sound like a good thing to get

is it costly ?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    I have the mattress and 4 traditional shaped pillows from Obusforme.

If it's the firmer 2.5 inch foam you're gonna love it.

It really can't get any more comfortable I think...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    YAY!

See, thats the problem with this country....everyone wants things to mold to them!

Selfish, I say!
    :)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    See, thats the problem with this country....everyone wants things to mold to them!

Selfish, I say!
    :)
    you bet your bippy I do!

I want it to form to ME so that I am not fighting springs every night as I try to get some sleep...

:D that is what the commercial said. and soon I will be able to verify the truth of that statement. ;)
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    you bet your bippy I do!

I want it to form to ME so that I am not fighting springs every night as I try to get some sleep...

:D that is what the commercial said. and soon I will be able to verify the truth of that statement. ;)

Well, I admire your conviction!

Enjoy it!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I hope you love it. I didn't however. I bought the tempur-pedic thinking it would be awesome, but I later found out there are a few drawbacks. Luckily I had 90 days free to test it and I have to say they were very nice about returning it.

The first thing I didn't like was the smell. They said it would go away but we had it for a month and a half and it still stunk.
    The second and most important for us was that it hardens in the cold and softens in warm weather.
    The third which we could have gotten around had we known before we called to send it back is that it needs to be "seasoned". My husband who is 230# seasoned his side just fine, but me who is 125# never got my side softened. It stayed hard as a rock. When I called to return it the rep said, "Just have your husband sleep on your side for a week or so and it should be fine." We had already ordered another bed at that point, the sleep number, which we love.
    Anyway, I do really hope you love yours. Just thought I'd share my experience in case it can help you or anyone else. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    smarchee wrote:
    is it costly ?

well, is it? i think i need one. and the pillows.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    They suck when it comes to getting your groove on. Too hard to move around and get freaky when you're sunk down in a mattress.
    "It's all happening"
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    roar wrote:
    make sure you get the accompanying pillows. mmm. the sleep of dreams.

I got the tempur-pedic ... took thema few weeks to deliver but they gave me the pillows right away ... and damn ... I never had a better night's sleep then the first night I slept with these. Wow.

I will agree with Wolfbear ... the stink took a while to get rid of (about a week in my case) and it does firm up in the cold ... but overall ... I love mine as does my lady ... :D
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    They suck when it comes to getting your groove on. Too hard to move around and get freaky when you're sunk down in a mattress.

See, that's what I would worry about.

I'd love to try one of those but...the last thing I want is to be pushed further and further down into the mattress! :D

Let us know how it works out, failedpersephone! I want a full review! :D
  • Options
    See, that's what I would worry about.

I'd love to try one of those but...the last thing I want is to be pushed further and further down into the mattress! :D

Let us know how it works out, failedpersephone! I want a full review! :D

again, it's not a problem if you know what you're doin' ....

ametuers. :p

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    again, it's not a problem if you know what you're doin' ....

ametuers. :p

What's the remedy to the situation,then?

(I've never tried this kind of mattress, so I don't know! Don't call me an amateur! Er...not that I'm a professional. Eww. :D )
  • Options
    What's the remedy to the situation,then?

(I've never tried this kind of mattress, so I don't know! Don't call me an amateur! Er...not that I'm a professional. Eww. :D )

just like anything, practice makes perfect .... lots and LOTS of practice. :D

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    just like anything, practice makes perfect .... lots and LOTS of practice. :D

Did my husband tell you to write that? :D
  • Options
    A couple inches of sweet body love mattress topping ain't robbing any mojo unless your arms and legs are missing...or you have less inches than the mattress does :p

I think I know which one ;)
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    Let me ask this: do you get stuck in one position all night on those mattresses?

edit: Just to clarify, I'm not talking sex position here! :D
  • Options
    Did my husband tell you to write that? :D

nope, but he sounds like a wise man, indeed.

• Options
    Let me ask this: do you get stuck in one position all night on those mattresses?

no ... and, uh ... no

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118

That's what I was wondering too. How long does it take to reform when you roll over at night?
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    That's what I was wondering too. How long does it take to reform when you roll over at night?

instant ...

all I can say is go into a local mattress store and check it out ... that's your best move if you're interested because me yammering about how great it is probably won't convince you ...

and make sure you try the pillows ... still think that was a better change then the actual mattress.