Any Mystery Science 3k Fans??

FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
:D I love this shit..
got a little toasted and watched "Manos: The Hands of Fate" which was possibly the worst movie EVER made. To my surprise they finally made a pearl jam remark on MST3K:D First time i ever came across one. If i had to ever recommend a Mystery science theatre to start with , id have to say "Mitchell" or "Soul Takers" would be a good introduction.

Leading Lady: Why don't we sing a song to pass the time?

Tom Servo: Let's sing something from Pearl Jam!

:D:D:D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I love Mystery Science Theatre! :D My favourite ones are the old 50's instructional movies... "How to Date a Girl" and stuff like that. They literally make me lol out loud.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Prince Of Space!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I LOVE this show!!!! Does anyone remember when they would do the marathon on thanksgiving...such an awesome way to spend a holiday:):)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    I remember when the 1st series came out in early 90's ..I used to get baked and watch it..i was hooked.

Mitchell!

:D
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    stickboy wrote:
    I remember when the 1st series came out in early 90's ..I used to get baked and watch it..i was hooked.

Mitchell!

:D

I watched the first series sometimes...
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    Early Saturday mornings on Comedy Central. I used to wake up early to watch it.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    aaah!! best show EVER!!

there's another pj reference on the movie "wherewolf", which was also filmed in my hometown and has some of my friends as extras. during one scene the wherewolf has this ridiculous long hair and is thrashing around in some mud. one of the bots says "Ah! Eddie Vedder?" I thought it was funny.

some other good ones:
    I accuse my parents
    time chasers
    the final sacrifice
    girl in gold boots
  • PatrickBatemanPatrickBateman Posts: 2,243
    I love A case of Spring fever
    NO SPRINGS hahahahahah

that show is hilarious
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    yaaaayyyy!!
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    oh my god!!!!!!!!!

i forgot all about that show! i LOVED it!

It is still on?!?!?!?when?!?!? what channel????
  • CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    oh my god!!!!!!!!!

i forgot all about that show! i LOVED it!

It is still on?!?!?!?when?!?!? what channel????

no i don't think it's shown on TV anymore. but you can buy the dvds.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Great show. I was only 12 or so when my sisters got me hooked on it, but I am going to have to pick up the DVD's now that I know they are out.
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    *loved* this show. wish it was still on!
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    if you have netflix you can order almost all of them.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    jammergirl wrote:
    aaah!! best show EVER!!

there's another pj reference on the movie "wherewolf", which was also filmed in my hometown and has some of my friends as extras. during one scene the wherewolf has this ridiculous long hair and is thrashing around in some mud. one of the bots says "Ah! Eddie Vedder?" I thought it was funny.

Just started that one!! Too funny.. :D:D:D
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    So San Diego Comic Con is coming up in a few days, and there is this panel on Friday Night:

Friday
    7:15-8:15 p.m.: Mystery Science Theater 3000 20th Anniversary Reunion featuring Trace Beaulieu, Paul Chaplin, Frank Conniff, Bill Corbett, Joel Hodgson, Jim Mallon, Kevin Murphy, Bridget Nelson, Mike Nelson, Mary Jo Pehl and J. Elvis Weinstein in a Q&A panel hosted by self-professed “MST3K nerd” and comedian Patton Oswalt. Room 6B

Which conflicts with a panel for one of my daughters favorite Nick shows, Avatar. I think I'll have to go with the Avatar panel, but I was really looking forward to the MST3K one. Grrr...
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam Posts: 1,102
    This thread needs to be bumped considering that new episodes of MST3K will be made next year. Really interested to see if any fans are on here in 2015
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    I just found out that there's an all MST3K channel on this Roku channel called PlutoTV. They even have channels for Onion,Nerdist,Cracked to name a few. Nothing but MST3K 24/7. :rock_on:
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited March 2016
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on