Options

Cool symbol (tattoo) for soulmate???

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited July 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
My fiance and I are looking for a cool looking tattoo that means soulmate. I really want a sumarian symbol, but I haven't found many sumarian symbols. I don't really want a Chinese one. Any help from yall would be extremely appreciated.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    My fiance and I are looking for a cool looking tattoo that means soulmate. I really want a sumarian symbol, but I haven't found many sumarian symbols. I don't really want a Chinese one. Any help from yall would be extremely appreciated.
    Where? I always think the tattooed wedding ring was a very cool idea.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • Options
    lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    I think you 2 should create your own symbol for it...soulmate could be expressed as any two similar objects that are interlocking imo. I dunno...I think it's better than googling for some ancient symbol that didn't mean anything to you until you clicked on the thumbnail and viewed it online :P
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    A cow eating grass.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Lukin66 wrote:
    Where? I always think the tattooed wedding ring was a very cool idea.
    unless they get divorced....then it wouldn't seem so cool....
  • Options
    my gf and I love the number 8 and the infinity symbol. so we're thinking she gets the infinity of her choice and I'll get the PJ one.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    my gf and I love the number 8 and the infinity symbol. so we're thinking she gets the infinity of her choice and I'll get the PJ one.

I have a ring that is two celtic knots symbolizing infinity. it's sort of like the regular infinity symbol but it has knots inside. I've always thought it would make a decent tattoo.
  • Options
    her name on your face....you name on her taint..
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

how funny, i was *just* going to suggest the infinity symbol. i think more than anything, you have to find a symbol meaningful to you both.

just don't tattoo each other's names on each other. i think that is like the kiss of death for a relationship. matching tattoos are pushing it ;)...but far safer i think. and i say this as someone long married, but yea...no matching tattoos.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    CityMouseCityMouse Posts: 1,010
    how funny, i was *just* going to suggest the infinity symbol. i think more than anything, you have to find a symbol meaningful to you both.

just don't tattoo each other's names on each other. i think that is like the kiss of death for a relationship. matching tattoos are pushing it ;)...but far safer i think. and i say this as someone long married, but yea...no matching tattoos.

I dated this guy for a while (but he was also dating several other people, come to find out) and like a year later I came upon a photo of him online and he basically proposed to one of those girls, by name, via a full-sleeve tat.
    what if she said no?
  • Options
    comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    CityMouse wrote:
    I dated this guy for a while (but he was also dating several other people, come to find out) and like a year later I came upon a photo of him online and he basically proposed to one of those girls, by name, via a full-sleeve tat.
    what if she said no?
    My fiance used a tattoo as part of his proposal...not a full sleeve...but it's still pretty permanent! I guess he was pretty certain I'd say yes...which is safe to say since i'm in the process of moving to the other side of the world to be with him :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    urbanhippieurbanhippie Posts: 3,007
    A tattoo should be a personal thing. How about you both sit down and design something together?

Even if it's just a vague idea, a good artist should help you make it 'flesh' as it were.
    A human being that was given to fly.

Wembley 18/06/07

If there was a reason, it was you.

O2 Arena 18/09/09
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    My fiance used a tattoo as part of his proposal...not a full sleeve...but it's still pretty permanent! I guess he was pretty certain I'd say yes...which is safe to say since i'm in the process of moving to the other side of the world to be with him :p

Not THAT's commitment.
    On both sides :)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    comebackwomancomebackwoman Posts: 7,271
    meme wrote:
    Not THAT's commitment.
    On both sides :)
    or a willingness for him to chop off his arm if things go terribly wrong :eek: :p
    There's a light when my baby's in my arms :)
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    or a willingness for him to chop off his arm if things go terribly wrong :eek: :p

Well, still spells commitment to me ;)
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Ball & Chain
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Ball & Chain

:D

My fiance used a tattoo as part of his proposal...not a full sleeve...but it's still pretty permanent! I guess he was pretty certain I'd say yes...which is safe to say since i'm in the process of moving to the other side of the world to be with him

i remember seeing that! :eek:

and HELL YES, commitment on BOTH sides. :p

however, i still don't recommend it. ;) hahaha. i am really not a superstitious person, but for certain things..... i would never, ever get my husband's name tattooed on me....except perhaps in remembrance if something horrible happened and he left this earth way too soon. :( however, since i don't EVER want THAt to happen, yea...no tattoos in relation to him. although i will say, i did briefly consider some marker for our 12th anniversary b/c it was a particualry hard-won year, but yea.....hubby doesn't like pain. hahaha. probably better that way.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow