Options

Beer Fans, British pit members:

reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
edited May 2008 in All Encompassing Trip
Do you know Fuller's London Porter??? I fucking love this stuff. Its a very rich, thick porter, but is so fucking smooth at the same time. At this time, I'll go ahead and say that this is my new favorite porter, replacing Black Butte Porter. The alcohol context seemed high too. Fuller's had some other beers I wish I had picked up too. Anyone familiar with it? The Brits must be the best at beer making. New Castle is the best in my book, I always go back to that one.

I was in Lubbock yesterday, so I also picked up Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter and Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale that I haven't tried before and Steam Anchor beer and porter that I have tried. I have the palate to be a beer connoisseur. Every beer tastes different to me and it my favorite drink. I just don't have access living in small town West Texas, so I'll have to be part time and just keep drinking my New Castle - I went to all kinds of lengths to get a local place to carry it. That London Porter stuff was $14.95 a six pack, but damn its good.
bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Peter CPeter C Posts: 238
    I'm the other way around, i can't stand Fuller's and beer like it, everytime i go to the States for a holiday i gotta drink Bud lite, and beer like that. My Dad on the other hand thinks its piss water.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • Options
    Peter C wrote:
    I'm the other way around, i can't stand Fuller's and beer like it, everytime i go to the States for a holiday i gotta drink Bud lite, and beer like that. My Dad on the other hand thinks its piss water.

Yeah, ya know that American Pilsner style is my least favorite. That and stouts, which I don't care for. Here in my part of the world its all Bud light, Natty light, Coors Original and thats the stuff that I wince at when it hits my lips. To see someone with a Hienikan or Sam Adams is very rare.
  • Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I just found some new Porters and Milk Stouts from The Duck Rabbit Brewery that are good. Love Left hands Milk Stout too.

Samuel Smiths Taddy Porter was my favorite for a while. I've been on a milk stout kick lately.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    If ya like good british beers/real ales, try these

Black Sheep and Black Sheep Riggwelter
    Hobgoblin

Good tasty smooth beers with real character too ;)
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Seriously, I'm in love with this beer. Best Porter ever.