Wearing shoes inside

timrothtimroth Posts: 215
edited January 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Just wondering if everyone wears their shoes indoors? I was watching some TV show and it occurred to me that people on TV never take off their shoes. They just walked inside and go about their business. There could be gum, dirt, dog sh@t in their soles.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Shoes off in my dojo. Including guests.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    timroth wrote:
    Just wondering if everyone wears their shoes indoors? I was watching some TV show and it occurred to me that people on TV never take off their shoes. They just walked inside and go about their business. There could be gum, dirt, dog sh@t in their soles.

Shoes off in my house even with wood floors and in Florida too with tile floors.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I pull a Mr. Rogers and put my inside runners on when I get home.
  • doogdoog Posts: 59

Do you also swap your sport coat for a cardigan? :)
  • KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    I never wear my shoes inside my own house, but leave them on when visiting others. It is just not a custom here. I went to Thailand and loved taking my shoes of in restaurants. I felt so comfortable...haha
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • arielariel Posts: 191
    Shoes off in this house, shoes on really skeeves me out. I have a couple of friends who just walk on in, and the minute they leave I have to wash my floors again. I fucking hate it, and it's rude when you know most houses here are shoes off unless you're told to leave them on. When you follow the owner in, and they take their shoes off, or they come to the door with no shoes on, why wouldn't you just do the same? I don't get it.
    Creating walls to call your own
    So no one catches you?
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    i wear nothing but my tempur-pedic slippers indoors.
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Nah its weird> You cant put your feet up etc as your shoes might be dirty and it's just more weight on the end of your feet.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Always wear my shoes. Too cold on wooden floors and there are normally mats inside the doors of houses to wipe your shoes on
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Slippers in winter, barefoot in summer. Indoors of course.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I never take mine off in our house unless they are really muddy, etc. But, we also always have animals so it would be a futile attempt to keep the floors cleaner. ;) I'd say it's about 50/50 here, 100% in Alaska and I never even heard of it when we lived in San Diego. I think it's a regional thing. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    if i am covered in mud, twigs, moss, and shit, then i would remove my boots only to put on my other pair or some slippers.
    i think i like my feet being in something.

my mom's friend knits me socks.
    i wear them in the house all year 'round.

gimmie winter, gimmie my fireplace, gimmie thick ass socks and i am very pleased.

btw, house rules always apply.
    if a person goes to another's house then yes they should follow house rules.
    remove shoes if asked or if you know it's the way they live.

respect is the word.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    first thing that comes off when i enter my house are the shoes....but then i hate wearing shoes so it really isn't a cleanliness thing....and i'm in la, not exactly tracking mud or snow into the house :p:)
  • timroth wrote:
    I was watching some TV show and it occurred to me that people on TV never take off their shoes.

You know, I hated "Mad About You," but they always seemed to take their shoes off. Odd that I actually noticed that.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    a friend of mine thinks i am a barbarian (she's not the only one who thinks this about me either)
    because i might not take my shoes off in my house.
    that's funny to me.
    i guess i just don't give a fuck about much of anything like some people think i should.
    i'm just a simple dude wearing my boots.
    who gives a fuck?
    i sure as hell don't.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    When I get home the first things to come off are shoes, socks (unless it is cold), underwear, and any jewelry.

When visiting someone's home, I usually leave my shoes on, unless I know they don't wear shoes in the house.
    When I get home the first things to come off are shoes, socks (unless it is cold), underwear, and any jewelry.

When visiting someone's home, I usually leave my shoes on, unless I know they don't wear shoes in the house.

but the underwear still comes off though :eek: :p:D
  • Some people's houses are just too dirty for white socks.

I remove 1st time...second time (1 pair down) I wait to see if it's an issue...
    Progress is not made by everyone joining some new fad,
    and reveling in it's loyalty. It's made by forming coalitions
    over specific principles, goals, and policies.

http://i36.tinypic.com/66j31x.jpg

(\__/)
    ( o.O)
    (")_(")
  • cutback wrote:
    first thing that comes off when i enter my house are the shoes....but then i hate wearing shoes so it really isn't a cleanliness thing....and i'm in la, not exactly tracking mud or snow into the house :p:)

Totally agree... I can't wait to get my shoes off. Usually i just walk around in barefeet because slippers and socks are too hot.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    cutback wrote:
    but the underwear still comes off though :eek: :p:D
    Depends whose house it is ;)
    Depends whose house it is ;)

well in that case, you're welcome at my house anytime! :p:D
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    No shoes indoors here...but I'd rather be barefoot anyway!

I let the rule slide foor guests... Its really not a rule so much as I just don't like wearing shoes:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • DrHeidi41DrHeidi41 Posts: 106
    Most people here take their shoes off in the house because it's rainy and wet, and it seems like common courtesy not to get dirty water all over the floors.

I think it's weird to wear shoes all the time in your own house, though.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Just for the sake of comfort, I always take off my shoes and my bra as soon as I get home (provided I don't have company).

But I don't care whether other people wear their shoes or not. (If your shoes are dirty, wipe them on the mat.)

For those of you saying it's rude to wear your shoes in someone else's house, I've never heard that before. I thought it was rude to TAKE OFF your shoes in someone else's house. What if your feet are smelly or something?
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    Shoes off in my house. I also take them off when I'm out visiting unless they say to keep them on.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • GraySaturdayGraySaturday Posts: 2,878
    I wear my ugg boots inside because they are so comfy.. But those are the only shoes I keep on.. If I am wearing other shoes, I normally take them off and switch into my sock monkey slippers
  • Usually wear my flip-flops in the house because neither my roommate or myself are too keene on cleaning our wood floors. They're dirty.
    But at other people's homes, shoes are off just cause it's more comfee. And I step in shit a lot.
    Excess in moderation.
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    timroth wrote:

I know, like when they sit on the beds with their shoes on! I get so grossed out. I am a shoe off in the house person, and I do it at others since I request it here. And I also, do not like bare feet since it is like a magnet for crap. socks or slippers, faggy as it may sound, but no street shoes, I am with you there. And I have bare floors everywhere; no carpet other than the hallway......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867

and your blue sweater?? do you sing also?

ha ha?
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • I take my work boots off when I get home everyday and throw on my sneakers. I almost never go shoeless. Also I sleep with my socks on, something I never even noticed until an old girldfriend picked up on it a few years back. I like to keep my feet warm.
    Uniondale. 2003
    MSG 1+2. 2010
    Wrigley. Brooklyn 2. Hartford. 2013
    St. Louis. Denver. 2014
    Global Citizens Festival. 2015
    MSG 2. Fenway 2. Wrigley 1. 2016
    Safeco 2. Missoula. 2018